Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2004, 11:12 AM
Master Fan

Raja, if you don't want to see those two boring characters again, I suggest that you do not watch this Tuesday's episode. Remember: I warned you.
curlyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 01:15 PM
Absolute Fan

Here's a minor character I really don't appreciate: Sherry.

Regarding the episode when Rory and Paris were in the debate at Chilton. The way Sherry was so intense and pushy and insistent on getting to know Rory immediately was very odd to me. And the way she cornered Lorelai in the kitchen and basically told Lorelai she had no interest in getting to know her was not only odd, but rude. What's more, she told Lorelai her (Sherry) getting to know Rory is important to Chris. That's the only reason she wanted to spend time with Rory. I don't think she gave a crap about Rory. She just wanted to suck up to Chris.

Watching last night's syndicated episode proved to me that Sherry had an evil side. First she practically dragged Lorelai to the baby shower by her hair, despite Lorelai saying no five times. Then, she sidled up to Lorelai and talked about how great Chris is, how supportive he is, how he's always there for her, how he sings and talks to the baby. I think all of this was her way of taunting Lorelai, because Chris didn't do those things with her. And I think Lorelai was right when she later wondered if Sherry knew that she (Lorelai) and Chris got intimate at Sookie's wedding. (even though Sherry claimed she didn't know what Chris was doing) I think Sherry knew very well that Chris and Lorelai were ready to reconcile. Sherry strikes me as the type of person who doesn't like to lose. She probably decided to go through with the pregnancy just to make sure that Chris stays with her, and to make sure Lorelali didn't "win." After Chris came back to her, the novelty of him wore off. The competition was over. She probably got bored. I'm guessing that's why Sherry got sick of him, and the baby she didn't really want in the first place, and abandoned them.
ChiltonYale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 04:49 PM
Elite Fan

Thought I'd bump this up in case somebody needs to rant

{Max&Alec}
Undeniable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 04:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeniable
Thought I'd bump this up in case somebody needs to rant
Unfortunately, the ones I really need to rant about are all in the opening credits this year. There's a lesson somewhere in that. Pshaw.

It was interesting to read the posts above - then suddenly realise they were written three years ago!

Lorelai, about her dog: He's totally fine having his personal freedoms slowly stripped away,
as long as he's completely unaware that it's happening - just like a true American.
caf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I hate Anna. I know a lot of people like to defend her but to me she is worse than chris. At least chris tried to be a good person. He is basically inept and stupid. But, anna is purposely cruel. She blocked her own child from knowing their father for no good reason. She never had the door open to luke. Unless the guy is some sort of child molester, there is no excuse for not atleast informing the father. Then she continued to act like a spoiled pratt. April seemed pretty together but it must have affected her somehow. Ugh, I haven't gotten over the anna crap.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:18 AM
Extreme Fan

Anna was really cruel to Luke, especially in season 7. I can't believe she was just going to take his daughter away from him! How ridiculous. Also, before the hearing, she was telling him he would never win because he was a "hermit" who works in a diner, or whatever she said. Then she made digs at his relationships. SOOOOO judgemental! My jaw dropped during that scene at how horrible she was. Her "this is MY kid, mine, mine, me, me, me," attitude was childish and mean. Thank god Luke stepped in and fought it.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensinger (View Post)
Anna was really cruel to Luke, especially in season 7. I can't believe she was just going to take his daughter away from him! How ridiculous. Also, before the hearing, she was telling him he would never win because he was a "hermit" who works in a diner, or whatever she said. Then she made digs at his relationships. SOOOOO judgemental! My jaw dropped during that scene at how horrible she was. Her "this is MY kid, mine, mine, me, me, me," attitude was childish and mean. Thank god Luke stepped in and fought it.
Its not just that attiude. The very premise of her keeping april from luke because luke didn't like kids. That was a BS moment from day 1.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by genki (View Post)
Its not just that attiude. The very premise of her keeping april from luke because luke didn't like kids. That was a BS moment from day 1.
Absolutely.

It's possibly the worst thing done by any character on the show.

Lorelai, about her dog: He's totally fine having his personal freedoms slowly stripped away,
as long as he's completely unaware that it's happening - just like a true American.
caf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Definitely agreed with that! ^^
Old 09-25-2007, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

To stay from peoples ex's cause I don't hate any of Lorelai's ex boyfriends nor Luke's exgirlfriends. I hate Sherry but I do not feel like ranting about her. I hate Shira Huntzburger in a fanfic I might not make her so evil but I still hate her. What kind of person says their son's girlfriend is not good enough for them, and bring up another girl to the said girlfriends face. Even Richard and Emily are not that mean. At least with Richard and the Dean we at least understood him a bit. I mean manners people plus she did not even come from money. She acted like Logan had brought home the kitchen maid, and not their friends daughter. Plus, checking into a spa instead of coming home to your injured son.
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:06 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I hate Shira Huntzburger in a fanfic I might not make her so evil but I still hate her. What kind of person says their son's girlfriend is not good enough for them, and bring up another girl to the said girlfriends face. Even Richard and Emily are not that mean.
There were those episode way back in season 5 where I can clearly remember Emily and Richard ganging up on Luke and Lorelai and Emily even brought back Chris to interfere with LL and break them up. Luke was never good enough in their eyes and they didn't approve of their relationship either.

I kinda liked how Shira was against Rory but that might have something to do with the fact that I never really liked Rory from season 5 on. You might be a Gilmore but that doesn't mean the doors are wide open everywhere for you. Besides it didn't matter to her where Rory was from. She only wanted a trophy wife for Logan. A woman who stays at home and takes care of functions and pops out a grandson or two. Rory wanted to have a career and be independent and that was what bugged her.

I don't even want to start on Anna. That character was so out of place on that show. I mean we saw Rachel and later on Lorelai which were kind of the same type and personality and then they put Anna on screen. Sorry but that was one stupid move to cast S. Fenn for that role and the character was just not what Luke would have chosen for himself. Everybody does stupid moves and I honestly believe Luke was under the bleachers with Crazy Carrie but Anna - no way and not as serious as Liz said.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You might hate Rory, but is it nice for someone to insult you like that just because your not trophy wife material to your face. Rory was not rude or disrespectful she was well behaved at that dinner. She did not deserve plus it front of her guest Josh too. Plus, being friends with her grandparents she thought they would like her something naturalJust like you did not like what Richard and Emily said to themselves about Luke not being good enough I did not like what Shira said. Richard and Emily did not approve of L/L but at least they did not make direct comments to Luke's face. Yes, Emily did also invite Christopher do the wedding but L/L kind of broke up themselves and Emily did not interfere afterwards. Plus, Shira had no depth. I also hated Straub and Francine calling their grandaughter a mistake to her face ugh.
Second of all it also had to do with social class to, Shira also said it is not just because of her mother. Which shows that Shira also did not like Rory because of the scandel of Lorelai's pregnancy. Plus, she also told Emily in the We Got Magic to do there is your Money and Our Money. Which shows how she belives her money is more important.

Last edited by fox24; 09-25-2007 at 11:43 AM
Old 09-25-2007, 12:12 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Richard and Emily did not approve of L/L but at least they did not make direct comments to Luke's face.
Well they went behind their backs and planed to break them up. I think this is even worse. At least Shira was straight forward with what she liked and what not. Emily and Richard played somewhat nice and then stabbed them in the back which is even worse in my eyes.
The dinner Luke attended wasn't even better. Emily's hidden remarks and stabs towards Luke and how he earned his money weren't any better than Shira's direct disapproval.

Quote:
Yes, Emily did also invite Christopher do the wedding but L/L kind of broke up themselves and Emily did not interfere afterwards.
That was the smart part on Emily or should I say the coward and dirty way Emily likes to fight. She knew she could use Christopher for her own plans because lets face it Chris is not a really smart cookie. Something even Emily said about him. She knew he would follow her lead so she just planted the seed and Chris did the dirty work for her.
She couldn't interfere afterwards because Lorelai cut her out of her life.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

All right lets not debate I just wanted to rant about Shira not start a debate nobody else got a debate why was I the one who got it?
Old 09-25-2007, 01:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Well they went behind their backs and planed to break them up. I think this is even worse. At least Shira was straight forward with what she liked and what not. Emily and Richard played somewhat nice and then stabbed them in the back which is even worse in my eyes.
The dinner Luke attended wasn't even better. Emily's hidden remarks and stabs towards Luke and how he earned his money weren't any better than Shira's direct disapproval.
Also, when Emily stormed into the diner in S5, she said something about his blank stare, working in a diner and "humiliating herself at the local greasy spoon" DIRECTLY to Luke's face. So yes, she did say things to him. Also, as Lorelai said, the LL break-up was a DIRECT result of what Emily did.

Also, I'm not trying to "fight" or anything, I just wanted to show some examples that Emily did say things to Luke, 'cause I get upset when characters I like get hurt.

Fox - I completely agree with you about Shira. That was cold and ridiculous, and Rory did not deserve that. The dinner was unbelievable. Also, Emily may have been terrible about LL, but I really liked the scene in S6 when she tells her off at the party. Ugh, Shira's a witch.