Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2016, 09:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

The Gazebo ~ Off Topic Thread #18 - 'Cause we're talking as fast as we can!

Continue...

Last edited by Talula78; 11-19-2016 at 09:32 AM
Old 08-15-2016, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

God, it feels like AGES since I lasted posted on these boards! How is everyone? My shoulder is pretty much completely healed by now and it feels SO good not to be wearing that confounded sling! I had to wear it for 5 days straight, including at work which was super difficult. Anyway, it's good to be back.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:47 AM
Master Fan

Good to have you back Jen.. Glad your shoulder feels better now..
Old 08-16-2016, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Thanks, Anja! Good to be back!

I'm watching the equestrian Olympics jumping round & am so bummed I missed the dressage competition!
Old 08-16-2016, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Welcome back, Jen!
Old 08-18-2016, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Thanks, Lindsay!

Aww, I'm kinda sad the Olympics are about over, but it'll be nice to have some time to catch up with my shows.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Yeah. I especially enjoyed the women's gymnastics. Those girls were on fire!
Old 08-20-2016, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Yes, they were! I love watching the floor routines and both Simone & Aly really killed it on that exercise! Balance beam just stresses me out too much, & I'm not the one on the apparatus! Aly's parents were cracking me up, they looked like they were in agony watching her routines!
Old 08-21-2016, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Aly's parents had me laughing too.
Old 08-22-2016, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

My mother's health is in major decline right now which is seriously bumming me out. Good news is our little Yorkie who broke her leg a few months back just went to the vet's today to get her cast off and the bone has healed!
Old 08-22-2016, 01:37 PM
Obsessed Fan

Jen, so happy for your dog. I hope she is getting around ok. Bet she is so happy it is off.
So sorry to hear about your mom's health. I hope this is something she will recover from and soon.

Gymnastics was my fav. The girls were really awesome. Aly's parents are hilarious. I hope I wasn't that bad watching my kids lol. All the US athletes were amazing. Some didn't have their best day but a lot really came through for our country and themselves. Really proud of them.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:50 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
My mother's health is in major decline right now which is seriously bumming me out. Good news is our little Yorkie who broke her leg a few months back just went to the vet's today to get her cast off and the bone has healed!
Yay for your dog! But sad news about your mum Hope she feels better soon, I will keep my fingers crossed!

Sorry for not checking for a while, been busy with writing and with some other stuff. I was moderator on a big Dutch forum for a while (it has subforums for literally everything...TV, Relationships, lifestyle, games, sports, etc), but I just quit yesterday. I was moderator of the relationship forum, which I enjoyed, but the userbase was terrible. When I joined they promised me it would only take 1 hour each day. In reality that was more like 5-6 hours per day. Hard to describe how big of a forum it is and how many people are posting there on a daily base. Thank god I finally have time on my hands again.

How is everyone else?
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJ5941 (View Post)
Jen, so happy for your dog. I hope she is getting around ok. Bet she is so happy it is off.
So sorry to hear about your mom's health. I hope this is something she will recover from and soon.

Gymnastics was my fav. The girls were really awesome. Aly's parents are hilarious. I hope I wasn't that bad watching my kids lol. All the US athletes were amazing. Some didn't have their best day but a lot really came through for our country and themselves. Really proud of them.
Aw, thanks. She's kinda struggling to get around, she's not used to walking normally because it's been 2 months she's had a cast. But she'll figure it out eventually I'm sure. Yeah, my mother has a pretty severe case of diverticulitis and the round of hefty antibiotics are taking a toll on her. I think she's feeling better today but being confined to a house for at least 2 weeks and counting is depressing her. I hardly know what to say or do, I'm just trying to perk her up as much as possible.

Phelps and Ledecky were AMAZING! So was Alison Felix. They were all competing their little hearts out, I'm kinda sad it's all over now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
Yay for your dog! But sad news about your mum Hope she feels better soon, I will keep my fingers crossed!

Sorry for not checking for a while, been busy with writing and with some other stuff. I was moderator on a big Dutch forum for a while (it has subforums for literally everything...TV, Relationships, lifestyle, games, sports, etc), but I just quit yesterday. I was moderator of the relationship forum, which I enjoyed, but the userbase was terrible. When I joined they promised me it would only take 1 hour each day. In reality that was more like 5-6 hours per day. Hard to describe how big of a forum it is and how many people are posting there on a daily base. Thank god I finally have time on my hands again.

How is everyone else?
Thanks, Ingmar! I'm sorry about your Dutch forum experience. I've been a Mod of more than a couple of forums, here & elsewhere, and it does take up a bit of time, but I really enjoy everyone I post with so that makes it much easier. One good thing is we'll be seeing more of you here and that's a plus in my book!
Old 08-23-2016, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Sorry to hear about your mom's health, Jen.

We've missed you, Ingmar.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:18 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)

Thanks, Ingmar! I'm sorry about your Dutch forum experience. I've been a Mod of more than a couple of forums, here & elsewhere, and it does take up a bit of time, but I really enjoy everyone I post with so that makes it much easier. One good thing is we'll be seeing more of you here and that's a plus in my book!
I enjoyed the moderating itself, but 6-7 hours each day was just way too much. It's also totally different than the FF system. Each subforum had this feedback topic, where users could ask moderators to look into certain stuff. Well, most subforums it was used the way it should be used but on our subforum people only came to whine, whine and complain, lol. We had internet trolls on a daily base, which made it even worst. All in all, I would much prefer being a mod here, but maybe someday
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread