Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2020, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's the smart and right thing to do. I wish Texas would wake up and follow suit but we always seem to be behind the curve when it comes to things like this. At least our grocery stores are all closing at 8pm so we have time to deep clean the store and restock our shelves.
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 06:21 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
All bars and restaurants are closing in Ohio tonight. No dining in is allowed. You can still carry out and get delivery. I commend Ohio for trying to stop the spread as much as they can.
Same here. Although I don't think take out is allowed either. Delivery is though.
Schools are closed as well, as are all the cinema's and theaters. Supermarkets are still open.
It's such a weird thing that's happening right now..
Old 03-16-2020, 08:07 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Anja** (View Post)
Same here. Although I don't think take out is allowed either. Delivery is though.
Schools are closed as well, as are all the cinema's and theaters. Supermarkets are still open.
It feels really strange. I expect more things to close though. People don't seem to take the virus seriously; they still go shopping in big groups, still go to work sick, etc. We'll know if it's enough in 2 weeks (due to incubation time). I wish people would listen to the rules...would make it more likely that it's back to normal in a few weeks, without too many additional rules.

We have a monthly contract for the cinema; they compensated us with a free movie on ''Pathe Thuis (we can choose which movie)'' & a gift card of 15 EUR.

We decided to skip Onward this weekend, because I was coughing a little bit (just in the morning, but we didn't want to risk it), sucks that we won't be able to see it now. Or they will still show it when cinemas re-open. I hope so. I'm glad most movie releases got postponed. Not a good time to release movies. I wonder how Onward will do in the box office, considering it just released before the closure of cinemas. I'll still get the dvd when it releases though.

It's also likely our London trip is cancelled, seems more and more likely we won't be able to catch the train. So we'll have to wait till end of the year to visit again.

Hope everyone is safe here!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | The Good Wife | Charmed | Veronica Mars | Damages | Brothers & Sisters | The Newsroom | One Tree Hill | Game of Thrones | Bones | The Closer | How to get away with Murder | Fringe | The OC | Desperate Housewives | Homeland | Pretty Little Liars | & more |
Xbox One Tag: Alwayshappyz | Wii U tag: Alwayshappyz
Alwayshappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I think I'm resigned to the fact that my July California trip will be out of the question as it looks like we're in this quarantine for the foreseeable future. I'm immensely disappointed but I understand we're all in this together. At least this time will be well spent by catching up with TV shows and movies and reading. Downside for me is I still have to go into work but I'm hoping everyone is heeding the advice and staying at home, especially if they're sick.
Old 03-16-2020, 01:09 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Castle

I'm trying to stay positive and I hope you're safe to go in July. I'm kind of glad I still have work to go to, I think I will go crazy if I have to stay at home at all times..

^I got the same e-mail, Ingmar. Hopefully Pathé will stick to the movies they had before this closure, so that you can still see Onward. I've seen it last week, it's really a good movie.
When were you planning to go to London again? I hope my mom and I can go in June..
Old 03-16-2020, 10:16 PM
Moderator Support Team

I wish my state would close down daycares but they wont and now I am without hours which is stressing me out
Old 03-17-2020, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It really is.
Old 03-17-2020, 04:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

This coronavirus is horrible and scary. So many people getting sick and dying from this and so many businesses under demand closures and empty shelves in all grocery stores because of hoarding.

I do have some good news for me. I got the results from my last test and I am now in remission. Yay no more chemo. I also have some bad news, my sister in California has passed away. It is just me now. My nephew went out there to get things in order but he needs to go back to get her things packed up and sent back here but now with this virus I don't know if he will be able to fly back out there to get that done. I am afraid it will all be thrown out. I at least have the most important thing, her ashes arrived today.
SarahJ5941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I’m so sorry to hear about your sister, Sarah. I am very glad to hear you’re in remission though!
Old 03-18-2020, 09:42 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I'm trying to stay positive and I hope you're safe to go in July. I'm kind of glad I still have work to go to, I think I will go crazy if I have to stay at home at all times..

^I got the same e-mail, Ingmar. Hopefully Pathé will stick to the movies they had before this closure, so that you can still see Onward. I've seen it last week, it's really a good movie.
When were you planning to go to London again? I hope my mom and I can go in June..
I hope so too!

We were going from 4 - 11 april. Government only wants people to travel if it's really necessary (for 30 days), so we'll see how the situation evolves. We still want to go in May, or June though.

I think it will be safe in June. Hope so for you! I doubt that they will go into lockdown for longer than a month. Even now there are still trains to London, the government just advices against it. Even though Belgium and France are in lockdown, you can still visit as an EU cititizen, travel through the country at least.

But internetional travel-wise...I don't think it'll be safe to go outside of Europe in the next few months.

@Sarah: I'm happy that you are in remission, congrats! Wow, that sucks about your sister. Big hugs from us!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | The Good Wife | Charmed | Veronica Mars | Damages | Brothers & Sisters | The Newsroom | One Tree Hill | Game of Thrones | Bones | The Closer | How to get away with Murder | Fringe | The OC | Desperate Housewives | Homeland | Pretty Little Liars | & more |
Xbox One Tag: Alwayshappyz | Wii U tag: Alwayshappyz
Alwayshappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sarah, so many hugs from me to you! I'm so happy about your C being in remission! I'm also so sad for you to have lost your sister.

Anja - I'm glad you still have your job to go to. At least at my job they're offering up to 10 hours of OT to help out.

Ingmar - I hope you can travel like you want to in June. I'll keep my for you.

Lindsay - How's your job faring?
Old 03-18-2020, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's going ok. We're out of water, TP, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant wipes. We get a truck every Friday so we'll see what's on it. I don't think they'll make the decision to close unless the individual states order non essential to close. The Governor wants all businesses to take the temp of workers before their shift. But, I'm not sure how that's gonna happen because thermometers are out of stock. And this is what he said:

“Businesses should do everything they can to monitor their workforce. We’re dead serious about employers taking temperatures. We’re expecting them to do this,” said DeWine. “If we find that we can’t get employers to take temperatures, we’ll have to go to the next stage and close everything down unless it’s essential.”

They've also ordered more places to close these past few days. Restaurants, bars, gyms, bowling alleys, movie theaters, indoor water parks and trampoline parks, hair salons, nail salons, tattoo parlors. So we'll see what's next. Should be interesting. How's it going there, Jen?
Old 03-31-2020, 12:25 PM
Elite Fan

measures here are pretty strict

but it hurts my heart to see what’s going on in New York right now

You know, Ernest only has lovely things to say about you

atwoodsmariano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, a lot changed since I posted that. Cause now we have a stay at home order. I’m still working because the store stayed opened since we sell essentials. Even though we’re not a full grocery store. I’m thankful to still have a job and be getting paid.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
It's going ok. We're out of water, TP, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant wipes. We get a truck every Friday so we'll see what's on it. I don't think they'll make the decision to close unless the individual states order non essential to close. The Governor wants all businesses to take the temp of workers before their shift. But, I'm not sure how that's gonna happen because thermometers are out of stock. And this is what he said:

“Businesses should do everything they can to monitor their workforce. We’re dead serious about employers taking temperatures. We’re expecting them to do this,” said DeWine. “If we find that we can’t get employers to take temperatures, we’ll have to go to the next stage and close everything down unless it’s essential.”

They've also ordered more places to close these past few days. Restaurants, bars, gyms, bowling alleys, movie theaters, indoor water parks and trampoline parks, hair salons, nail salons, tattoo parlors. So we'll see what's next. Should be interesting. How's it going there, Jen?
They've had a stay-at-home order put in place for most of the counties in the Austin area. I've chosen to take an 8 week leave of absence so I can be here for my parents. I know this stuff won't be over in 8 weeks and I'll have to go back to living out of their RV but at least I'll buy some more time with them. It's gonna suck not getting a paycheck for two months.

Allison, I'm the same way in regards to seeing what's happening in NYC. Every time I turn on the news my heart breaks for those healthcare workers on the frontlines who are totally exhausted from all of this not to mention considering how they themselves have to be isolated from their families to keep them safe. Everything is so scary right now.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top