Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2020, 02:29 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Castle

I've done it three times now, last time was in September with Jen and Kathrin. there's something new every time, never gets old..
Old 03-08-2020, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hope I can make it there one day.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Go see Mary Poppins!!! That musical was supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!! (yes, I had to look that up and copy/paste it )

Last edited by Talula78; 03-11-2020 at 10:26 AM
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 04:08 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Castle

Can you pronounce it too?
I love the musical! My sister and I saw it years ago in London, and we had a Dutch version here about ten years ago.. I kind of want to see it again, it's been such a long time.
Old 03-11-2020, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't say it quite as beautifully as Julie Andrews but I can pronounce it. And I'd love to see it again, it was that good.

Ugh. I'm having a dilemma deciding on if I should go and see Aladdin this Sunday or not? I live with my elderly parents, both of whom are highly susceptible to this virus because of their health conditions. They're already advising people to not go out and expose yourself to large crowds or gatherings. This whole thing SUCKS.
Old 03-11-2020, 01:29 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Castle

It does suck!
How bad is the virus affecting people at your country? With your parents' health issues, I get your worries though..
Aladdin is a great show, I loved it, very catchy songs!
Old 03-11-2020, 06:37 PM
Elite Fan

Jen - thanks for posting on one of my boards earlier today

You know, Ernest only has lovely things to say about you

atwoodsmariano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There’s been over 1,700 cases and 41 deaths. I think most of the deaths are in Washington state. It’s getting insane here with people buying in bulk though. Toilet paper is out of stock in a lot of places. Schools here in Ohio are gonna be on an extended 3 week spring break. Major league sports are suspending their seasons. Movie releases are being pushed back. Disneyland is gonna close until the end of the month. So many other events and whatnot are pushed back or canceled for the time being. It hit the fan today.
Old 03-12-2020, 06:38 PM
Elite Fan

same with schools here Lindsay

Old 03-13-2020, 04:57 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
There’s been over 1,700 cases and 41 deaths. I think most of the deaths are in Washington state. It’s getting insane here with people buying in bulk though. Toilet paper is out of stock in a lot of places. Schools here in Ohio are gonna be on an extended 3 week spring break. Major league sports are suspending their seasons. Movie releases are being pushed back. Disneyland is gonna close until the end of the month. So many other events and whatnot are pushed back or canceled for the time being. It hit the fan today.
It's really scary these days.

In The Netherlands they also pushed back certain movie releases, and some items are real hard to find in the supermarkets. A lot of people started buying in bulk yesterday, when it got announced schools would close and when they asked people to work from home/avoid public spaces. Big events (of 100 and more) have been cancelled.

I do wonder when we'll see better signs. It got better in China, but as soon as a sick tourist enters the country the situation will just start up again imo. But we'll see.

Good thing Jos and I are introverts
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | The Good Wife | Charmed | Veronica Mars | Damages | Brothers & Sisters | The Newsroom | One Tree Hill | Game of Thrones | Bones | The Closer | How to get away with Murder | Fringe | The OC | Desperate Housewives | Homeland | Pretty Little Liars | & more |
Xbox One Tag: Alwayshappyz | Wii U tag: Alwayshappyz
Alwayshappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am as well, Ingmar. But I work in retail. So I'm exposed to many people daily. But, at least, it's not too too close contact.
Old 03-13-2020, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
Jen - thanks for posting on one of my boards earlier today
You're welcome! I had the time so I figured I'd help some boards that needed it. I'll try and visit your board again on Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
It really did hit the fan the other day. OMG my work has been SO STRESSFUL! I've never seen it like that with the lines almost all the way to the back of the store! Total craziness. Since I was the only one answering phones today I kept having to reassure people that we get trucks every night with toilet paper and paper goods so we won't run out of stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
It's really scary these days.

In The Netherlands they also pushed back certain movie releases, and some items are real hard to find in the supermarkets. A lot of people started buying in bulk yesterday, when it got announced schools would close and when they asked people to work from home/avoid public spaces. Big events (of 100 and more) have been cancelled.

I do wonder when we'll see better signs. It got better in China, but as soon as a sick tourist enters the country the situation will just start up again imo. But we'll see.

Good thing Jos and I are introverts
It's very scary. I think it's good to implement all of these actions so our hospitals and doctor's offices have time to catch up to the sheer amount of cases they're going to be struck with on top of their already heavy load of pre-existing patients. It's just that it's happening so incredibly FAST. Haha, I'm an introvert as well so I don't mind being cooped up reading books and watching TV.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:54 AM
Elite Fan

Happy Pi Day everyone!

Old 03-14-2020, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

haha, thanks! I think that was an excellent suggestion from Lorelai. I'd really love some pie.
Old 03-15-2020, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

All bars and restaurants are closing in Ohio tonight. No dining in is allowed. You can still carry out and get delivery. I commend Ohio for trying to stop the spread as much as they can.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top