Fan Forum Star

Hello all!
I am an original”
Old 07-23-2020, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Hi!

Anja - We lived in Ottenbach. Which I looked up and it’s a municipality in the district of Göppingen in Baden-Württemberg in southern Germany. It’s about 30-40 minutes from Stuttgart I guess. The Army post was in Göppingen.

Last edited by Lindsay; 07-23-2020 at 06:01 PM
Old 07-24-2020, 05:58 AM
Master Fan

I looked it up as well, pretty close to Stuttgart.. That's probably not very far from where Kathrin lives, I'm not exactly sure where, but she's close to Stuttgart as well.

I've never been that far south into Germany, I've been to Berlin once on a schooltrip and to Hamburg.
Old 07-25-2020, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
Jen - yeah I remember I even gave you restaurant recommends

so these were 2 separate trips originally?

I haven’t been back to Monterey since I was little but I got the chance to visit Yosemite again last year for the first time since I was like 6
Yes! Those restaurants were on our to-try list. Hopefully I’ll be able to try them someday.

They were two separate trips to Cali, the SF trip was with my family and the Disneyland trip I was going by myself and meeting up with my Canadian friend.

Monterey is so beautiful and the 17 mile drive is AMAZING. I visited my friend in San Jose a few years ago and she took me down there and we drove to Carmel and then drove back up through Santa Cruz. I was looking forward to revisiting that area with my family.

Lindsay - I’ve visited Garmisch and Oberammergau, so that’s not too far from where you lived.

Kathrin lives SW of Stuttgart and Ottenbach looks to be due east of Stuttgart. Same area. It’s breathtakingly beautiful in Bavaria. I’d love to revisit that part of the world.

Ingmar - Haha, that’s why I loved London so much, people spoke English. I understand your reasons for not loving Berlin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Anja** (View Post)
Glad you had a good time anyway, Jen. What did you do?
I sat on my ass and binged TV shows pretty much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
Awww I’m sorry that’s rough.
Yeah, it sucks but I’m hoping we’ll be able to plan another trip in a few years.
Old 07-26-2020, 07:58 AM
Master Fan

Hahaha yeah that can be fun!
How are you doing? We haven't talked in a while..
Old 08-11-2020, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Hey, y'all! Haven't checked in with everyone in a while, how are y'all doing?

Quote:
Hahaha yeah that can be fun!
How are you doing? We haven't talked in a while..
Hey, Anja! I'm doing alright. Had a few health scares with my mom but she's doing better at the moment. I hope things are all okay where you are? How's Holland doing with this virus?
Old 08-11-2020, 12:02 PM
Master Fan

Hii!!
Glad your mom is okay again, Jen! Things are good here, we're in a heatwave, it's about 35 degrees everyday. (95 in Fahrenheit).
The virus is pretty much gone, although the lunatics in our gouvernment want us believe otherwise. I've been looking further then the news and papers, and the numbers are so low, I'd say the danger is over..
Old 08-11-2020, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

I’m also glad to hear your mom’s doing okay Jen
Old 08-11-2020, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Glad to hear your mom is doing better, Jen!
Old 08-12-2020, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Thanks for all of your well wishes! Mom is feeling better today so that gives me a bit of peace of mind.

Quote:
Hii!!
Glad your mom is okay again, Jen! Things are good here, we're in a heatwave, it's about 35 degrees everyday. (95 in Fahrenheit).
The virus is pretty much gone, although the lunatics in our gouvernment want us believe otherwise. I've been looking further then the news and papers, and the numbers are so low, I'd say the danger is over..
Oh, the virus is far from over but it's good your country is taking it seriously. It's a crapshow over here and shows what not taking this virus seriously looks like. The positivity rate here in TX is at 21.0%! That's insane. We had 8,913 new cases yesterday with 220 fatalities. Be grateful where you live and that your government is doing the right things for your personal health because it is absolute hell over here.

We have a bad heatwave in Texas as well and we've broken a few records so far. We're supposed to hit 106°F (41°C) today, so I feel your pain.
Old 08-13-2020, 01:53 AM
Master Fan

It's just that I'm sick of constantly hearing about it, like there's nothing else going on anymore.
Yeah, it's terrible, I won't deny it, but we have just a few unfortunate souls who are in the hospital right now, and all the media are screaming about is all the positive test results.

Yikes, that sucks! Luckily it has cooled of a bit today already, it's suppossed to cool off even more later, so yay!
Old 08-13-2020, 02:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

where I am it’s been cold and foggy lately
Old 08-14-2020, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Yeah, I get being tired of the constant droning on about it but it is what it is. Trust me, I'm dying for the day we don't have this blasted virus in the news cycle!

I wish it were cool here. I was bitching about it via text to Lindsay earlier when I got a heat advisory warning on my phone. It's 106°F again today.
Old 08-14-2020, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

it’s funny later on in the day I posted that we had a hot day here

and rn it’s 82 degrees

gonna have hot weather the coming week
Old 08-15-2020, 05:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Yeah, I get being tired of the constant droning on about it but it is what it is. Trust me, I'm dying for the day we don't have this blasted virus in the news cycle!

I wish it were cool here. I was bitching about it via text to Lindsay earlier when I got a heat advisory warning on my phone. It's 106°F again today.
I'm starting to think there's more to it, but then you have to go into all the conspiracy theories and that's a whole other level..
Btw, I send you a whatsapp message a few days ago, did you get it?