Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2019, 05:10 AM
Supreme Fan

Leaving for Utrecht in a few hours. Having dinner there tonight with one of our friends. Then Comic Con this weekend (also in Utrecht). Some very interesting guests. Jennifer Morrison, Shannen Doherty, Tom Felton (Draco from Harry Potter), someone from Doctor Strange and two I don't know (one from Shadowhunters and one from Outlander).
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:02 AM
Master Fan

Have fun!
Old 03-22-2019, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
Leaving for Utrecht in a few hours. Having dinner there tonight with one of our friends. Then Comic Con this weekend (also in Utrecht). Some very interesting guests. Jennifer Morrison, Shannen Doherty, Tom Felton (Draco from Harry Potter), someone from Doctor Strange and two I don't know (one from Shadowhunters and one from Outlander).
Enjoy

icon
"I love you, it’s ruining my life."
Old 03-23-2019, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Sounds like an exciting weekend! Jealous about JMo!
Old 03-24-2019, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
How exciting! I hope y'all had a great time and enjoyed the Con!

Kristen - Oh very cool! Back when I was dreaming up an Australian vacation I really wanted to visit Adelaide because my fave show, McLeod's Daughters filmed outside that city.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
How exciting! I hope y'all had a great time and enjoyed the Con!

Kristen - Oh very cool! Back when I was dreaming up an Australian vacation I really wanted to visit Adelaide because my fave show, McLeod's Daughters filmed outside that city.
Oh yes I know that show

icon
Old 03-25-2019, 05:23 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Anja** (View Post)
Have fun!
You collect a lot of disney statues, right? We spotted a huge stall where they sold Disney statues. Never seen them in person before, they looked awesome as hell. Had to do my best to walk away without a purchase I made some pictures though (this was like 2/3 of what they had).

https://imgur.com/a/lHKgtlH

Rest of the con was very nice too. Didn't take any photos of myself with the guests (didn't think it was worth it last time), but got every autograph we wanted. We got one from Jennifer Morrison (she was very happy, really kind in person), Shannen Doherty (who was way nicer than I expected, she sounded like an awesome person), and Benedict Wong (Woo From Doctor Strange), who was the happiest of all His line was super short, he saw us standing there and he made fishing movements with his arms, like he was fishing us up His words: ''we caught two more!'' He couldn't give us any spoilers for Avengers Endgame, but he wished us a lot of luck with the long month

How is everyone else doing?

@Jen: I loved McLeods too, always wanted to visit Adelaide for that reason too
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 03-25-2019, 02:53 PM
Master Fan

Haha yes, I do collect them.. Was that Magical Gifts? They have a store in Dordrecht, and they do have stands on events like Comic Con, or the HuishoudBeurs for example.. I've bought most of my figures there.

I actually picked up this one yesterday;
Old 03-25-2019, 04:51 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Anja** (View Post)
Haha yes, I do collect them.. Was that Magical Gifts? They have a store in Dordrecht, and they do have stands on events like Comic Con, or the HuishoudBeurs for example.. I've bought most of my figures there.

I actually picked up this one yesterday;
Cool! Looks great

There were two stands who sold them. Uniek cadeau.nl and the one you mentioned
Old 03-25-2019, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Nice figure, Anja.

Glad you had a good time, Ingmar!
Old 03-26-2019, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

got back home today from my Spring break weekend trip back to Yosemite with high school kids from 2 different schools
Old 03-26-2019, 11:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
got back home today from my Spring break weekend trip back to Yosemite with high school kids from 2 different schools
I'm so jealous! I've always wanted to visit Yosemite Nat'l Park. It's on my bucket list.

Ingmar - Oh wow! That's a ton of Disney stuff! Glad you had a good time at the Con and Benedict Wong sounds like a really cool guy. I love it when they're personable like that. I was ridiculously obsessed with McLeod's Daughters back in the day. I have all of the seasons on DVD and ordered them from Australia because I just had to have the series so I could go back and watch it over and over again. Nick and Tess were my OTP, they had such a beautiful story together. God, just talking about it makes me want to go back and watch seasons 1-5.
Old 03-27-2019, 05:56 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
That's so awesome! I loved Yosemite when we visited, but we only went there for 1 night unfortunately. You could spend a week there no problem, so beautiful.

Quote:
Ingmar - Oh wow! That's a ton of Disney stuff! Glad you had a good time at the Con and Benedict Wong sounds like a really cool guy. I love it when they're personable like that. I was ridiculously obsessed with McLeod's Daughters back in the day. I have all of the seasons on DVD and ordered them from Australia because I just had to have the series so I could go back and watch it over and over again. Nick and Tess were my OTP, they had such a beautiful story together. God, just talking about it makes me want to go back and watch seasons 1-5.
I feel the same way. Though I have to admit I don't love McLeod's the same way that I loved it years ago. The quality is still there, but compared to everything else we watch it's super slow, there's not a lot happening most of the times So it's easy to feel a little bored when we just finished a binge series if you know what I mean. I've seen the whole series twice, but watching it with Jos right now. Well, we started with S1 a year ago or something, we're somewhere in S5 right now, so you can see we're taking our time. Jos loves it, but he feels the same way as me; it's not a series to binge, especially when you're used to shows with big events/cliffhangers, etc.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Nice. I would love to visit eventually.
Old 03-28-2019, 09:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi.

icon
Closed Thread   Post New Thread