Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2018, 10:51 AM
Elite Fan

Heh, I just looked at our forecast this weekend and it'll be in the 70s here! The temp this AM was in the teens!

Hopefully you Northerners will catch a break from the cold soon!
Old 01-03-2018, 09:10 PM
Moderator Support Team

I loathe winter I wish it would just go away lol
Old 01-04-2018, 08:06 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
Anja - Well, right now it's 6 degrees F which is -14 C. But the low on Friday is gonna be -9 F which is -23 C.

Jen - Black ice is scary.
Damn, that's cold! Overall I much prefer slight coldness over extreme heat (you can dress against the cold, not the heat), but there's a limit -14 would be close to my limit already

We're going to Rome for a week in February. It's for Jos' 30th birthday. It was supposed to be a surprise (the destination), but we both prefered to look forward to it together, so I told him after I made the reservations. Staying at the same hotel as last time (February 2015), in a junior suite, so that's going to be nice. It's the city where I proposed to him in 2015, so I thought he'd appreciate to relive those memories. Turns out I was right, the city is probably our favorite city in Europe.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | The Good Wife | Charmed | Veronica Mars | Damages | Brothers & Sisters | The Newsroom | One Tree Hill | Game of Thrones | Bones | The Closer | How to get away with Murder | Fringe | The OC | Desperate Housewives | Homeland | Pretty Little Liars | & more |
Xbox One Tag: Alwayshappyz | Wii U tag: Alwayshappyz
Old 01-04-2018, 10:22 AM
Elite Fan

That's exciting, Ingmar! Sounds like a nice trip.

I believe the temps go up a little next week, 20's and 30's. I want 70's!
Old 01-12-2018, 06:38 AM
Elite Fan

Yep, it’s been in the 70s this week but we cooled down again and have cold weather for a couple of days before it shoots back into the 70s. We never get cold weather for long anymore.

Ingmar - That’s great and so sweet of you to do for Jos for his birthday!! I’d love to visit Rome and Florence, I’ve never been. Although I’ve been to Verona which is considered to be a mini Rome with a coliseum and everything. Enjoy y’all’s trip!!

I bought a new car!!! I’m loving driving it so much! Car notes suck but whatever. It’s a brand new 2018 Honda Accord EX with pretty cool features and the interior I was looking for (exterior pearl white with a light interior with black accents)
Old 01-12-2018, 09:05 PM
Elite Fan

Yay for a new car! I'm a little jealous. But I finally don't have a car payment after 9 years so that's pretty nice.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:40 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Yep, it’s been in the 70s this week but we cooled down again and have cold weather for a couple of days before it shoots back into the 70s. We never get cold weather for long anymore.

Ingmar - That’s great and so sweet of you to do for Jos for his birthday!! I’d love to visit Rome and Florence, I’ve never been. Although I’ve been to Verona which is considered to be a mini Rome with a coliseum and everything. Enjoy y’all’s trip!!

I bought a new car!!! I’m loving driving it so much! Car notes suck but whatever. It’s a brand new 2018 Honda Accord EX with pretty cool features and the interior I was looking for (exterior pearl white with a light interior with black accents)
Congrats with your new car! Don't know much about cars (We don't have one - useless for us atm), but we want one in the future. Hope you enjoy yours!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | The Good Wife | Charmed | Veronica Mars | Damages | Brothers & Sisters | The Newsroom | One Tree Hill | Game of Thrones | Bones | The Closer | How to get away with Murder | Fringe | The OC | Desperate Housewives | Homeland | Pretty Little Liars | & more |
Old 01-13-2018, 08:54 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks, Ingmar! Having a new car is fun but it’s also really stressful being in debt again.

Quote:
Yay for a new car! I'm a little jealous. But I finally don't have a car payment after 9 years so that's pretty nice.
I really miss not having a car note to pay! I should’ve been saving that car payment each month so I wouldn’t have to pay out the rear so much this time around. Well, that and I bought a more expensive vehicle so there’s that.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:37 PM
Elite Fan

I hope I get over this cold soon. I hate being stuffed up.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:41 PM
Moderator Support Team

Hey all

Hope everyoen is doing good
Old 01-14-2018, 04:48 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Bleh, I hate having the cold. Hope you feel better soon Lindsay

Jen, can imagine the debt is something to stress about at times. That part sucks!
Old 01-14-2018, 12:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AnastasiaGrey~ (View Post)
Hey all

Hello there! I’m doing well, thank you. What are you up to? Thanks for stopping by our board and saying hi.

Quote:
At least it’s not the flu. That’s spreading like wildfire down here! Two people I work with had it and were at work, which they shouldn’t have been. Now I’m gonna get it probably. Hopefully not.

Ugh, we’re supposed to get freezing rain this next Tuesday & Wednesday and crews are already out putting de-icers down on overpasses. I hate driving in that crap and I’ll have to for work this week.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:31 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Ingmar. Luckily, I haven't had to work these past 4 days. It's just the way the schedule worked out. And I think I'm on the tail end of it, hopefully.

That's annoying, Jen. Hope you don't catch the flu. I am glad it's not that. I did get a flu shot. I know it's not completely effective against all strains though. And I know what you mean about driving in freezing rain. That always scares me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AnastasiaGrey~ (View Post)
Hey all

Hey
Old 01-15-2018, 07:54 AM
Elite Fan

Aw man, you’re lucny you haven’t had any shifts to call in for! I’m full-time so I don’t have that luxury, unfortunately. Well, it’s 2 days later and I’m still not sick so I may be okay so far? I also got the flu shot but it’s only 33% effective down here, which sucks. It’ll still reduce severity of illness in case I do contract the flu so that’s always a good thing.

I hope my new car handles ice well! Omg that would suck if I get in an accident with my brand new car!
Old 01-15-2018, 09:26 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Castle

Hope you don't get sick Jen! Also good luck in driving in that kind of weather. Don't ruin your pretty new car..

You still got a cold, Lindsay? Hope you feel better soon!
I dont feel good either, my ears are hurting, feels like they're all stuffed, so annoying.