Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2017, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I definitely wanna visit London in the future!
Old 07-06-2017, 07:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Lindsay - I'm planning a European vacation next fall, October of 2018. I want to travel to meet up with Kathrin in Germany while Anja is in Florida and then when she gets back meet up with her (and possibly Ingmar and Yvonne?) and maybe go to Disneyland Paris? Then, I really want to visit and explore London. I've always loved London as a city from afar, I'm quite anxious to experience it up close and personal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
We're going to Berlin at the end of this month. Never been. My interest in photography is rising and rising, so most of all I'm really looking forward to be in a place more challenging (to photograph). I just don't like living in the Netherlands and I often find the country very dull, so it's always nice to test my photography skills in countries I actually love...countries, with a lot of beatiful nature/buildings, etc.
That sounds wunderbar! Aww, The Netherlands look so beautiful and green and lush, we don't get that around here, so it's more appealing to us for obvious reasons. But I know how the same-old same-old can get pretty boring, that's why I'm always anxious to travel and explore other places.

The HP stuff sounds so wonderful! I'd love to visit it but am worried it would take too much time from the other stuff the city has to offer. Since I love literature, I'm very anxious to visit the various cemeteries and memorials of famous British authors and poets.
Old 07-06-2017, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

That's exciting, Jen!
Old 07-07-2017, 02:09 AM
Master Fan

It is exciting. I really hope I'll be able to catch up with you somewhere..
Old 07-07-2017, 03:12 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Lindsay - I'm planning a European vacation next fall, October of 2018. I want to travel to meet up with Kathrin in Germany while Anja is in Florida and then when she gets back meet up with her (and possibly Ingmar and Yvonne?) and maybe go to Disneyland Paris? Then, I really want to visit and explore London. I've always loved London as a city from afar, I'm quite anxious to experience it up close and personal.

That sounds wunderbar! Aww, The Netherlands look so beautiful and green and lush, we don't get that around here, so it's more appealing to us for obvious reasons. But I know how the same-old same-old can get pretty boring, that's why I'm always anxious to travel and explore other places.

The HP stuff sounds so wonderful! I'd love to visit it but am worried it would take too much time from the other stuff the city has to offer. Since I love literature, I'm very anxious to visit the various cemeteries and memorials of famous British authors and poets.
Nice to read you're planning a European vacation. There are lots of countries that are worth a visit. You're right for planning some time in the UK, I think it's my favorite country of Europe, followed by Rome. And yes, I'd love to meet up with you!

Yes, I think it depends a lot on where you live. I imagine that even people living in New York get tired of the city/country a lot of the time. If I had lived in Texas I'm sure I'd find the Netherlands tempting aswell!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 07-08-2017, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I know what you mean, Ingmar. You get used to where you live.

Anyone do anything fun this weekend?
Old 07-09-2017, 06:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Never been to London yet but Edinburgh is pretty awesome as well! Barcelona is pretty great too though that was 1 day visit for me when i was on holiday in spain. I definitely want to go back there!

I did a bon bon workshop yesterday! Chocolate

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 07-09-2017, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Nice to read you're planning a European vacation. There are lots of countries that are worth a visit. You're right for planning some time in the UK, I think it's my favorite country of Europe, followed by Rome. And yes, I'd love to meet up with you! !
Why is it your favorite? What do you like most about the U.K.? I've been to Italy, but only visited Verona, which was lovely. We meant to travel on to Venice but my mother got heat exhaustion (there was a record breaking heat wave that summer ) so we stayed there and toured that city instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartღaflutter (View Post)
Never been to London yet but Edinburgh is pretty awesome as well! Barcelona is pretty great too though that was 1 day visit for me when i was on holiday in spain. I definitely want to go back there!

I did a bon bon workshop yesterday! Chocolate
I'd love to visit Scotland! I wish I had all the time in the world to explore that entire island and Ireland and Wales. Who knows? If I can find a cheap flight and affordable accommodations I might just give it a go? I apologize for the memory lapse, but where are you from again?

Oh! Those bon bons sound wonderful!
Old 07-09-2017, 02:10 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Why is it your favorite? What do you like most about the U.K.? I've been to Italy, but only visited Verona, which was lovely. We meant to travel on to Venice but my mother got heat exhaustion (there was a record breaking heat wave that summer ) so we stayed there and toured that city instead.

I'd love to visit Scotland! I wish I had all the time in the world to explore that entire island and Ireland and Wales. Who knows? If I can find a cheap flight and affordable accommodations I might just give it a go? I apologize for the memory lapse, but where are you from again?

Oh! Those bon bons sound wonderful!
It's just a feeling I guess. I love the English language, the buildings there are magnificent (I Tower Bridge), and it's still pretty close to home for us.

Too bad that you only got to see Verona, Venice is supposed to be great looking.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Yummy Karen!

Sneak me in your luggage, Jen.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Haha, Lindsay, you up for a European vacation next year? I'd love for you to join me!

Quote:
It's just a feeling I guess. I love the English language, the buildings there are magnificent (I Tower Bridge), and it's still pretty close to home for us.

Too bad that you only got to see Verona, Venice is supposed to be great looking.
I got ya, that makes sense. Oh, the Tower Bridge looks SO COOL! I'm dying to see it in person. And I'm anxious to visit the British Museum and Westminster Abbey and maybe take a road trip to Bath (big Jane Austen fan), plus there's Hyde Park and the pubs and...OMG I want to go NOW!!! lol
Old 07-11-2017, 09:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

If only, Jen. Way too expensive for me. I'll visit one day though.
Old 07-12-2017, 03:40 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Haha, Lindsay, you up for a European vacation next year? I'd love for you to join me!

I got ya, that makes sense. Oh, the Tower Bridge looks SO COOL! I'm dying to see it in person. And I'm anxious to visit the British Museum and Westminster Abbey and maybe take a road trip to Bath (big Jane Austen fan), plus there's Hyde Park and the pubs and...OMG I want to go NOW!!! lol
I can't remember if you watched Downton Abbey, but there's a tour to the castle they used on the show (and the village) starting in London. We haven't done it yet, but planning to do it next time we're in London. The city has just so much to offer.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
I can't remember if you watched Downton Abbey, but there's a tour to the castle they used on the show (and the village) starting in London. We haven't done it yet, but planning to do it next time we're in London. The city has just so much to offer.
Oh, I was a HUGE DA fan, hence my MatthewღMary in my sig. I'd love to go on that tour but it'll depend on how long and how much? Is there a website I can visit for the tour info?
Old 07-12-2017, 12:08 PM
Master Fan

Hope you can find a tour Jen! I've never watched it, so I don't know anything about it..

I just found a menu list for this year's Food and Wine festival at Epcot, I figured I don't need restaurant reservations for my Epcot days next year, I just eat my way around the park..