Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2017, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Anja** (View Post)
Thanks..!
I had a quiet day, went home to my parents. The three of us went to a Chinese restaurant..

Glad your mom is okay Jen, that restaurant sounds pretty good!
That's nice. Glad you had a nice celebration with your parents.

Thanks! The restaurant is really nice and has great food compared to some other more expensive seafood establishments around town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
The book signing was awesome. I'll post a picture when we get home on Sunday. I got a photo with Ausiello (plus our books signed). Ausiello was really impressed and honored that we came all the way from the Netherlands. Today he even tweeted me personally to thank us again, which he did for noone else, pretty cool. AS-P was just as funny as I always thought her to be. Lorelai was based on her and you could see that, haha. She left when the Q&A finished, to make sure she wouldn't steal the show while he was signing the books. She was so funny tho, she asked him some questions, but also asked the audience to ask questions.
Got her on a photo and video thankfully. Didn't get to talk to her, but we were on the second row, so we had some of the best spots. So happy to have met her.

Ofcourse when the photo of Ausiello and me was made I got nervous my hand was shaking on his back plus I didn't know what to say, haha. Ultimately I got some sentences out. Told him what I thought of the book and where we were from. That we often visit his site and had a great time. Great memory!
Oh yay! Heh, I ventured over to Ausiello's twitter page and saw the shout out, congrats! I favorited it and followed you, btw. I'm glad you had such a great experience at that book signing & with Ausiello!

Yes, you can definitely see Lorelai in ASP or vice versa? The fast speech pattern is definitely similar.
Old 09-15-2017, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Jen - That sounds yummy! I love tilapia.

Ingmar - That's too cool that Ausiello tweeted at you. Glad you had an amazing experience there!

Anja - Chinese is always a good choice.
Old 09-15-2017, 01:29 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)

Oh yay! Heh, I ventured over to Ausiello's twitter page and saw the shout out, congrats! I favorited it and followed you, btw. I'm glad you had such a great experience at that book signing & with Ausiello!

Yes, you can definitely see Lorelai in ASP or vice versa? The fast speech pattern is definitely similar.
Ooh, that was you, cool I'll follow you back.

Yeah, it was easy to spot the Lorelai in her her humour in particular, aswell as her fast speech like you said

We're leaving New York tomorrow evening (NYC time) and arrive on Sunday morning (Dutch time). Think I can speak for the both of us: we're going to miss NYC, but we've seen everything we wanted to see, so we're also looking forward to our return home. To see the cats, etc. I missed them quite a lot. Heard good stories from the home-front though!

Anja, Chinese is always good, love it myself too!

What has everyone planned for the weekend?
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 09-16-2017, 03:46 AM
Master Fan

Glad you had fun in NYC Ingmar, have a safe flight home..
Haven't planned much though, my vacation is over, I have to get back to work on Monday..
Old 09-16-2017, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Ingmar - You're probably on the plane already. But hope you have a safe flight! I miss my kitty when I'm away too!

Nothing planned for this weekend. Just working.

Anja - Hope your first day back at work goes smoothly.
Old 09-17-2017, 03:18 AM
Supreme Fan

Back home flight went well. Very little leg-room, so we didn't sleep much, but we're used to that.

Anja, good luck with your work this week. A start up week can be annoying.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 09-17-2017, 03:39 AM
Master Fan

Luckily I can start up easy tomorrow, I got my own mail-deliver-route back after more than two months..
Hopefully work in the afternoon will be a little quiet as well, but I don't get my hopes up for that..

Glad you got home safe, Ingmar. I get the leg-problem on planes, they're not made for tall people..
Old 09-17-2017, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Glad the flight was good, Ingmar.

I'm average height and the leg room still sucks for me. I wanna experience first class, at least, once. Just for the leg room.
Old 09-18-2017, 03:19 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
Glad the flight was good, Ingmar.

I'm average height and the leg room still sucks for me. I wanna experience first class, at least, once. Just for the leg room.
Yeah, those first class seats look so comfortly Don't think we're able to pay for seats like that in the close future
Old 09-18-2017, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

The ONE benefit to being short is the leg room on planes doesn't bother me one bit! I feel for taller people, especially like you, Anja! Ugh, and to think of being on a plane for however many hours for you Europeans.

I know what you mean, Anja, coming home from a trip and having to go back to work. On the one hand, it's nice to get back to the routine of things, but on the other hand, it's difficult because your body and mind are still in vacation mode.

I'm happy you're home, Ingmar, and had a great trip to NYC! How are the kitties? I always miss my cat when I'm away for a long time and I'd like to think she misses me.

I had an eventful weekend because I had a rehearsal the entire AM on Saturday and then had to go to work that night. Sunday AM I woke up early to sing at my church service and when I came home I crashed for 3 hours! I woke up and had to go with my Dad to run errands and get gas in my car (because of Hurricane Harvey gas has gone up at least 40 cents in the past week!). My mother had a real estate deal she was working so Dad and I watched the beginning, as in the pilot & 2nd episode, of AoS together before we both crashed. I hardly had a chance to get online this weekend, it was a bit frustrating but oh well.

Last edited by Talula78; 09-19-2017 at 08:31 AM
Old 09-19-2017, 03:10 AM
Master Fan

Haha yeah, you don't have any problem with legroom.. I've got the same thing everywhere, not just planes. Most theaters are small as well.
Yes, it's nice to get back into a normal rhythm, vacation is fun, but my normal routine is all messed up..
Old 09-19-2017, 03:53 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
The ONE benefit to being short is the leg room on planes doesn't bother me one bit! I feel for taller people, especially like you, Anja! Ugh, and to think of being on a plane for however many hours for you Europeans.

I know what you mean, Anja, coming home from a trip and having to go back to work. On the one hand, it's nice to get back to the routine of things but on the other hand, it's difficult because your body and mind is still in vacation mode.

I'm happy you're home, Ingmar, and had a great trip to NYC! How are the kitties? I always miss my cat when I'm away for a long time and I'd like to think she misses me.

I had an eventful weekend because I had a rehearsal the entire AM on Saturday and then had to go to work that night. Sunday AM I woke up early to sing at my church service and when I came home I crashed for 3 hours! I woke up and had to go with my Dad to run errands and get gas in my car (because of Hurricane Harvey gas has gone up at least 40 cents in the past week!). My mother had a real estate deal she was working so Dad and I watched the beginning, as in the pilot & 2nd episode, of AoS together before we both crashed. I hardly had a chance to get online this weekend, it was a bit frustrating but oh well.
Yeah, I know someone who is short aswell, so jealous when I see her on a plane I'm 1.87 meter long (don't know how that translates to American standards) and my legs are quite long. Same problem as Anja, as in...it's not just planes. Often having issues in movie theaters, small cars aswell.

Kitties are doing well! The sick one hasn't thrown up in four weeks now, so that's a nice bonus. Still hard to have hope though, since he did it for like 6 months...every single week. Really happy for him. They ate well, got enough attention, etc. Just heard that they were a bit scared, but that was to be expected. They are real shy, we don't get many visitors, so new people are scary in their eyes

Busy weekend! Did the singing go well? Those Hurricane Harvey prices sound insane.

Last edited by Alwayshappy; 09-19-2017 at 04:00 AM
Old 09-19-2017, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Ingmar, according to Siri you're 6.14' tall, that's pretty tall. I'm only 5.4 ft tall which is 1.65 meters. Having heard that most Dutch are tall, you'd think things like theaters would be more accommodating?

I'm happy your kitties did well while you were away. I find it's a LOT less stressful if you do what y'all did and get a pet sitter than take them to a kennel. My cat gets really sick doing that due to the stress so I always have to find cat sitters to take care of her while I'm away.

Gas is always cheaper down here because we're in TX where most of the refineries are located but since Harvey disrupted their distribution, our gas went from $1.84 to about $2.59 in the last 2 weeks! Lindsay will probably tell you how high their gas prices are up in Ohio. I noticed California's was about $3.50+ a gallon!

Singing went well & we have a lot of cool, interesting pieces coming up. Actually this weekend I'm doing double duty playing clarinet and singing, but it'll be fun. I've missed playing my clarinet.

Anja, why is your routine so messed up still? Aren't you back at work?
Old 09-19-2017, 12:28 PM
Master Fan

I'm about the same height as you, Ingmar. Unfortunately, no, those things are still not build for tall people..

It's the getting up early again, during my holiday I was sleeping in pretty late, and going back to bed later in the evening.. I have to get used to go to sleep earlier..
Old 09-19-2017, 10:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Anja - It's definitely hard to get back into that routine.

The gas prices aren't too high here. Nothing like California. The average is $2.34 a gallon right now.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread