Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2017, 04:13 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Thanks for the welcome back! It's good to be home again even though I did have such a great time in Cali. SO many people were complaining about the heat and I'm just sitting here thinking this is an average summer day in Texas.

You shouldn't have too many issues with Irma as it'll hit either the coast of Florida or Georgia and the Carolinas. It'll be rainy but not too bad in NYC.

Ugh. My family is still reeling from Hurricane Harvey. One of my mom's aunts had to be rescued as her house was filling with water. My other aunt and uncle in Houston couldn't leave their house as their entire neighborhood was surrounded by water! They're all okay but this recovery will take months barring any other future potential disasters.

Sorry to hear that about your family. Glad they are safe though. It's horrible, all these hurricanes. My heart is with all of you over there. I hope the zones get enough help.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we won't notice it much in NYC, maybe a day rain or something, but that's it. Damn, I'm really looking forward to walking in Central Park again and to see the NYC sky line from Top of the Rock and Brooklyn (and see Amy Sherman Palladino!) Gonna miss the cats though. First ''big'' holiday, so even tho we found a great sitter (who visits the cats twice a day), aswell as our neighbours who will check in when they can, we (well, I.., Jos is an optimist ) will worry a bit.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | The Good Wife | Charmed | Veronica Mars | Damages | Brothers & Sisters | The Newsroom | One Tree Hill | Game of Thrones | Bones | The Closer | How to get away with Murder | Fringe | The OC | Desperate Housewives | Homeland | Pretty Little Liars | & more |
Xbox One Tag: Alwayshappyz | Wii U tag: Alwayshappyz
Old 09-07-2017, 10:00 PM
Elite Fan

I've been to NYC twice and I still haven't seen Central Park. I definitely will do that the next time I visit.
Old 09-08-2017, 02:10 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Castle

I have never even been to NYC. I'd love to go one day! Have loads of fun Ingmar! I hope the kitties will be fine..
Old 09-09-2017, 12:25 PM
Elite Fan

Hope you had a safe flight, Ingmar!
Old 09-09-2017, 01:39 PM
Supreme Fan

Thank you both We arrived safe and sound a few hours ago. We're resting in our hotel room now (it's big, we got a free upgrade ), we plan to have dinner at around 5pm NYC time. After that...just see how long we can fight the jetlag
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | The Good Wife | Charmed | Veronica Mars | Damages | Brothers & Sisters | The Newsroom | One Tree Hill | Game of Thrones | Bones | The Closer | How to get away with Murder | Fringe | The OC | Desperate Housewives | Homeland | Pretty Little Liars | & more |
Old 09-10-2017, 05:22 PM
Elite Fan

That's awesome that you got a free upgrade! What did you do today?
Old 09-11-2017, 02:49 AM
Moderator Support Team

Have fun Ingmar!

Old 09-11-2017, 08:24 PM
Elite Fan

I saw your video of the city view! It's so cool. Especially with the WTC tribute.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:32 AM
Elite Fan

Yay! You're in NYC! My favorite city on earth. I'm sure the kitties will be fine. Oh! I'll have to check out your FB post, I'm sure it was spectacular!

Hope you ladies are having great weeks? I have off of work today on a Tuesday which is weird but that means I work an early 8am shift tomorrow followed by my rehearsals all evening. It's gonna be a very long day for me. Gotta get ready, I'm going out to dinner tonight with my parents. Mom is always cooped up in the house and because of her digestive issues and condition, she can't really eat out all that often but she said she would take a chance because she misses eating out so much. Anyway, y'all enjoy your days and we'll talk soon!
Old 09-12-2017, 12:02 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Yay! You're in NYC! My favorite city on earth. I'm sure the kitties will be fine. Oh! I'll have to check out your FB post, I'm sure it was spectacular!

Hope you ladies are having great weeks? I have off of work today on a Tuesday which is weird but that means I work an early 8am shift tomorrow followed by my rehearsals all evening. It's gonna be a very long day for me. Gotta get ready, I'm going out to dinner tonight with my parents. Mom is always cooped up in the house and because of her digestive issues and condition, she can't really eat out all that often but she said she would take a chance because she misses eating out so much. Anyway, y'all enjoy your days and we'll talk soon!
I hope your mum enjoyed going out! I'm sorry to hear she's still not doing so well. Good luck with the long day...

NYC is great so far. Already saw so much in 3 days. We've seen most places on previous vacations aswell, but it still makes me so happy to be here again. Sometimes I feel more at home in the US, than in the Netherlands

The tribute of Light (for 9/11) was gorgeous. It was strange to see so many photographers all in one spot, trying to get the best shot Some people were very selfish, hypocrite and unfriendly tho. It was a gorgeous spot to take a photo of the sky-line and the tribute of light, but some people there clearly didn't learn to respect other people and help them out aswell. There was one man who just yelled at me (won't repeat his words), just because I was in his shot for 1 minute, while I was trying to get a nice shot myself (after spending hours there with several people in my shots, including him).

Tomorrow we're going to the book signing of Michael Ausiello. Already bought his book today. Can't wait to see him, aswell as Amy Sherman Palladino. If I get to talk to her I'll be sure to thank her for creating a show that has brought all of us together over here!

Some photos of our trip so far: https://www.flickr.com/photos/135405598@N05/?
Old 09-12-2017, 12:37 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Castle

Glad your having fun, Ingmar. Saw some of your photo's on Facebook, looking great..!
Have fun tomorrow!
Old 09-12-2017, 11:23 PM
Elite Fan

Where did you eat, Jen?

Have fun seeing Michael and ASP, Ingmar! And, unfortunately, there's always jerks like that.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:01 AM
Elite Fan

Oh, awesome, Ingmar! Thanks for sharing your trip with us, I can't wait to venture over to your FB page to see what you've been up to! Enjoy your ASP & Ausiello things and be sure to tell us all about it when you're back! The photographer thing doesn't surprise me. NYC photogs are generally like that, fighting for the best shot like paps.

Lindsay, we ended up eating at Pappadeaux seafood restaurant and it was really good! I had grilled tilapia in a rich sauce. Mother was okay, she got the salmon so she wouldn't pay the price afterwards and she was fine. It was nice to get out like that with my parents, we hardly ever do that nowadays.

Anja! I wished you happy birthday on Facebook but I wanted to do it here as well. Hope your day went well? What did you end up doing?
Old 09-14-2017, 01:05 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Castle

Thanks..!
I had a quiet day, went home to my parents. The three of us went to a Chinese restaurant..

Glad your mom is okay Jen, that restaurant sounds pretty good!
Old 09-14-2017, 01:37 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Oh, awesome, Ingmar! Thanks for sharing your trip with us, I can't wait to venture over to your FB page to see what you've been up to! Enjoy your ASP & Ausiello things and be sure to tell us all about it when you're back! The photographer thing doesn't surprise me. NYC photogs are generally like that, fighting for the best shot like paps.

Lindsay, we ended up eating at Pappadeaux seafood restaurant and it was really good! I had grilled tilapia in a rich sauce. Mother was okay, she got the salmon so she wouldn't pay the price afterwards and she was fine. It was nice to get out like that with my parents, we hardly ever do that nowadays.

Anja! I wished you happy birthday on Facebook but I wanted to do it here as well. Hope your day went well? What did you end up doing?
Jen, I'm glad you had a great dinner. Especially since it doesn't happen very often.

The book signing was awesome. I'll post a picture when we get home on Sunday. I got a photo with Ausiello (plus our books signed). Ausiello was really impressed and honored that we came all the way from the Netherlands. Today he even tweeted me personally to thank us again, which he did for noone else, pretty cool. AS-P was just as funny as I always thought her to be. Lorelai was based on her and you could see that, haha. She left when the Q&A finished, to make sure she wouldn't steal the show while he was signing the books. She was so funny tho, she asked him some questions, but also asked the audience to ask questions.
Got her on a photo and video thankfully. Didn't get to talk to her, but we were on the second row, so we had some of the best spots. So happy to have met her.

Ofcourse when the photo of Ausiello and me was made I got nervous my hand was shaking on his back plus I didn't know what to say, haha. Ultimately I got some sentences out. Told him what I thought of the book and where we were from. That we often visit his site and had a great time. Great memory!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top