Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2017, 03:30 AM
Elite Fan

I saw Jackie, Their Finest and a German movie Mein Blind Date mit dem Leben about a guy who loses his eye sight, but still wants to work for a hotel. It was pretty funny. I liked Jackie, but not as much as I had hoped. Their Finest was really good!

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 02-07-2017, 05:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

A shame Jackie wasn't that good Yvonne

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 02-07-2017, 08:50 AM
Elite Fan

Don't get me wrong, I loved Natalie Portman and the dramatic stuff was great. It just felt like the movie was not well structured or something.

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 02-07-2017, 11:19 AM
Obsessed Fan

Wow, I'm impressed. I have only seen 2 in one day at the cinema.

I want to see Hidden Figures. Not really interested in Jackie as I have seen so many different movies/tv shows about her and the Kennedy's that I have now lost all interest. At this point it is hard to tell what is true and what isn't.

Hearing about your long work weeks makes me not miss work at all but then there are a lot of times when I do miss it.

Not really a super bowl (or sports) fan but did end up watching about 3/4 of the game. Enjoyed the half time especially when my grandson was really dancing away with Lady Gaga and trying to keep up with everything the back up dancers were doing. It was so cute and funny. Made it all worth while.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Glad you liked all the movies (for the most part), Yvonne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJ5941 (View Post)
Not really a super bowl (or sports) fan but did end up watching about 3/4 of the game. Enjoyed the half time especially when my grandson was really dancing away with Lady Gaga and trying to keep up with everything the back up dancers were doing. It was so cute and funny. Made it all worth while.
Aw cute.

Lady Gaga had a great performance. I enjoyed it.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hidden Figures is on my list too!

I haven't seen a thing yet of the super bowl performance

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 02-09-2017, 06:13 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Flame (View Post)

I haven't seen a thing yet of the super bowl performance
Me neither, not that they broadcast it in the Netherlands, but even if I lived in the US...not my kind of thing
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 02-09-2017, 11:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I survived and now my two days of vacation are over and back to working 5 consecutive days on. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted. I even managed to get in the rest of season 2 of Doctor Who and I freakin bawled like a baby!!!! That ending was SO SAD!!!!! The Doctor loved Rose but never told her...
Old 02-10-2017, 03:27 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
I survived and now my two days of vacation are over and back to working 5 consecutive days on. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted. I even managed to get in the rest of season 2 of Doctor Who and I freakin bawled like a baby!!!! That ending was SO SAD!!!!! The Doctor loved Rose but never told her...
Glad you enjoyed your time off. Vacations always go so fast I heard that Americans get very little vacation days compared to the people here in the Netherlands. Jos receives 38 days per year. I think that should be the case in every country. Let people rest up, so they do an even better job when they return.

Hope those five days go fast for you Jen

Nothing planned this weekend. Just trying to relax and play with the cats. They're doing well, though they are true cats...stubborn, cute and frustrating at times, lol. They try to bite on everything (tho not our hands anymore, so it's a win), they always follow us into the forbidden rooms makes sense, I'd to the same probably. They also follow us to the rooms they are allowed in though, so that makes up for it, they really want to be close to us.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

With my last job I got 4 week's vacation which only gave me 20 actual work days off 28 if you count the weekend days I had off anyway and that I started to get after 4 years working there and even though I worked there for ten years that was the most anyone got.

Your cats sound so adorable and fun.

My daughter and grandson are moving out this weekend into a house at the end of our street just 4 houses down so that is what my weekend is going to be filled with.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Glad you are enjoying the cats, Ingmar. Cats are silly. Mine will follow me around when I first get up. Sometimes, I'll just walk from room to room then to see if he'll follow me.

My niece's birthday was yesterday so we are celebrating it on Sunday. We are going to a place called Dave & Buster's. They have a bunch of arcade games and stuff. Should be fun.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Aww, Ingmar, those kitties sound adorable! Teehee, mine is staring at me over my computer screen.

I wish we had vacation days like Europe. I've worked in the same job or place for over 20 years now and the only vacation I get is 160 hrs.(20 days).

Sarah - Good luck with your daughter's move. That's nice that they'll still be so close to you.

Lindsay - Have fun at D&B! It's been a long time since I've been to D&B, but I remember having a great time there with my coworkers.
Old 02-11-2017, 07:07 AM
Obsessed Fan

Lindsay, your cat sounds like fun, too. I still really miss my last cat who died in '05. Would love to get another one or two.

Have fun tomorrow. lol a Dave & Buster's commercial is on TV right now.

Jen, I remember the days when my cat would always get between me and what ever I was reading or doing wanting my attention.

So vacation days are the same for you too. I know that some places are more generous with vacation days but the 20 days max seems to be the norm.

My daughter is on her way to get the moving truck. I get the job as sitter. Don't know what job will be harder, sitting or doing the moving. He is going to be hard to keep out of the way and he is going to throw a fit when he can't go with them when they leave. Fortunately most of their stuff is in a storage unit right now so he won't see them doing most of the work.
Old 02-11-2017, 07:30 AM
Supreme Fan

Jen, yeah, it would have been nice if Americans got the same amount of vacation days. They deserve it just as much. Hopefully that will change one day. Or just write a best seller and get rich from your own house your cat sounds really familiar, our cats love the computers aswell. They even want to sit on 'em.

Sarah, good luck with the move! It's nice that they move to a place that's so nearby. Can definately recommend cats

Lindsay, your cat sounds fun too and lol at you walking around the house just to see if they follow you Have fun celebrating the birthday tomorrow! Sounds fun.
Old 02-11-2017, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I love my cat's temperament. I wish I could clone him.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top