Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2017, 10:28 AM
Elite Fan

The world is so unfair and cruel sometimes. It's a series of ups and downs and sometimes the downs are too difficult to deal with for some. But when the world has more compassionate people such as yourselves, it's so much better off! Ingmar & Karen, thank you for being YOU.

Today we're having a fire in our fireplace and are about to FINALLY take our tree and Christmas decorations down. Tonight I'll have to go to bed early because I have to work my rare 4am Monday morning shift. I don't generally do well with those shifts because it throws my body schedule off.
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 11:50 AM
Elite Fan

That sucks, Jen. It would be different if it was your regular shift and you could get used to it.

I saw Rogue One on Friday. It was good.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:59 AM
Moderator Support Team

that's sweet Jen

oh that's early jen! I hope you managed to put your christmas tree away
Karen ღ Icon by: room to breathe
Eternal Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:19 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
The world is so unfair and cruel sometimes. It's a series of ups and downs and sometimes the downs are too difficult to deal with for some. But when the world has more compassionate people such as yourselves, it's so much better off! Ingmar & Karen, thank you for being YOU.

Today we're having a fire in our fireplace and are about to FINALLY take our tree and Christmas decorations down. Tonight I'll have to go to bed early because I have to work my rare 4am Monday morning shift. I don't generally do well with those shifts because it throws my body schedule off.
You're very sweet Jen Thank you! Sucks about your early shift....brr

Lindsay, I saw Rogue One a while back aswell, it was better than I expected.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | The Good Wife | Charmed | Veronica Mars | Damages | Brothers & Sisters | The Newsroom | One Tree Hill | Game of Thrones | Bones | The Closer | How to get away with Murder | Fringe | The OC | Desperate Housewives | Homeland | Pretty Little Liars | & more |
Xbox One Tag: Alwayshappyz | Wii U tag: Alwayshappyz
Alwayshappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 04:07 AM
Addicted Fan

Can't believe how long it has been since I was last here. I have skimmed through the past few pages trying to catch up.

I hope everyone had a great holiday and new year's. I did see that it was hard for some and I am sorry for your losses. Sometimes the holidays can be cruel. We too had a loss in our family. My mother in law passed the Wednesday before Christmas. She was the last of our parents and step parents to pass.

I also noticed that a couple of you had great vacations, that's awesome.

Jen, I am happy to hear that your mom is feeling better. Hopefully she will be back to normal real soon if she's not there already.

Happy New Year everyone. I hope it will be an awesome year for everyone.

It is snowing here right now but the temperature is going to be rising around 10 am and changing to freezing rain then just rain so the snow will probably melt away before evening. I really hate winter. It can be pretty at times but it is a pain and dangerous to drive in, a pain to keep shoveled and very cold.

Last edited by SarahJ5941; 01-10-2017 at 04:17 AM
SarahJ5941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 04:52 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJ5941 (View Post)
Can't believe how long it has been since I was last here. I have skimmed through the past few pages trying to catch up.

I hope everyone had a great holiday and new year's. I did see that it was hard for some and I am sorry for your losses. Sometimes the holidays can be cruel. We too had a loss in our family. My mother in law passed the Wednesday before Christmas. She was the last of our parents and step parents to pass.

I also noticed that a couple of you had great vacations, that's awesome.

Jen, I am happy to hear that your mom is feeling better. Hopefully she will be back to normal real soon if she's not there already.

Happy New Year everyone. I hope it will be an awesome year for everyone.

It is snowing here right now but the temperature is going to be rising around 10 am and changing to freezing rain then just rain so the snow will probably melt away before evening. I really hate winter. It can be pretty at times but it is a pain and dangerous to drive in, a pain to keep shoveled and very cold.
Hear hear about the winter!

I'm sorry for your loss Right before Christmas is pretty cruel.

Nice to see you posting again!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | The Good Wife | Charmed | Veronica Mars | Damages | Brothers & Sisters | The Newsroom | One Tree Hill | Game of Thrones | Bones | The Closer | How to get away with Murder | Fringe | The OC | Desperate Housewives | Homeland | Pretty Little Liars | & more |
Old 01-10-2017, 09:04 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I'm sorry

Good to have you back here though!

I love winter so no comment,
Old 01-10-2017, 10:42 AM
Addicted Fan

Thank you. It's been hard but she did live a long enjoyable life. She was 93.

When I was younger I did enjoy the snow

Hopefully I will be able to get here more often now that things have settled down a bit
Old 01-10-2017, 09:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJ5941 (View Post)
I really hate winter. It can be pretty at times but it is a pain and dangerous to drive in, a pain to keep shoveled and very cold.
I agree. And I'm sorry to hear about your MIL.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:00 AM
Addicted Fan

Thank you Lindsay.

Yesterday we got about 4 inches of snow and it got warm enough so that my grandson and his friend were able to go out and play in it. By 10 last night the snow was gone because it got up to 49 and the snow turned to rain and melted it all. Unfortunately it got cold again making the roads icy for driving on this morning.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:29 PM
Moderator Support Team

they say it might snow here too tomorrow and the weekend.. Snow is fun when the Streets are clean and on the grass etc there's snow to play with/enjoy
Old 01-12-2017, 03:55 AM
Total Fan

Been waiting for this showcase for a few months. Now we finally have the space to store our nicest dvd's/statues/pictures behind glass. So happy with it.

http://i.imgur.com/AQCpFZU.jpg
Old 01-12-2017, 10:29 AM
Elite Fan

^I love that showcase, Ingmar! I have way too many DVDs to fit in a case like that but it sure is a nicer way of presenting them than stuffing them in boxes like I do.

Sarah - So sorry to hear about your MIL! Many hugs from me to you and your family. It is great to see you posting again, we've missed you heaps.

It's super warm here, warmest winter we've ever had, almost 80°F! Guess we should get used to this because the planet's not getting any colder that's for sure.
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:10 AM
Moderator Support Team

Looking good Ingmar!

We might get (wet?) snow tonight! I have to drive through it on my way to work

Anyone here watching Shooter on Netflix/USA network? It's supercool
Old 01-12-2017, 12:24 PM
Elite Fan

I haven't seen that, Karen.

Sarah - It got into the 50's yesterday and today. And it rained here as well. So all of the snow melted. It's slowly getting colder today though. But it looks like it will warm up some the middle of next week.

Ingmar - Very nice showcase!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top