Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2018, 09:56 PM
Elite Fan

This title also gives me all the feels.
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 03:00 PM
Total Fan

Problem, Miss Gilmore? Nope, no problem at all. I... : THE NORTH REMEMBERS.

You know, Ernest only has lovely things to say about you

atwoodsmariano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Rory made a valid point.
Old 10-09-2018, 08:31 PM
Elite Fan

Rory standing her ground like the bad ass she is.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Their early rivalry days.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:53 AM
Loyal Fan

Lesask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 01:18 PM
Elite Fan

Burn!!!
Old 10-12-2018, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Definitely!
Old 10-13-2018, 03:25 PM
Elite Fan

Warning, this is a criticism of the evolution of the Rory and Paris relationship. I just wanted to get y’all’s thoughts on it.

Quote:
5. Paris and Rory were better enemies than friends.

There are some people in the world who are so much more fascinating when pitted against each other. Rory Gilmore and Paris Geller are two of these people. To me, Paris was the Draco Malfoy of Gilmore Girls, right down to her blonde roots and misplaced sense of entitlement. The rivalry between the two of them added some complexity to Rory’s character, as she all-too-often seemed to be untouchable and unrealistic in her perfection. However, when we add the challenge of a schoolmate who is both extremely conniving and overwhelmingly driven to success, we get some interesting character development.But all of this changed when they randomly became friends at a concert, and it got even worse when they went to Yale together. Maybe I only speak for myself when I say this, but I honestly stopped caring about Paris when she stopped being a character foil.

There are some people in the world who are so much more fascinating when pitted against each other. Rory Gilmore and Paris Geller are two of these people.

To me, Paris was the Draco Malfoy of Gilmore Girls, right down to her blonde roots and misplaced sense of entitlement. The rivalry between the two of them added some complexity to Rory’s character, as she all-too-often seemed to be untouchable and unrealistic in her perfection. However, when we add the challenge of a schoolmate who is both extremely conniving and overwhelmingly driven to success, we get some interesting character development.

But all of this changed when they randomly became friends at a concert, and it got even worse when they went to Yale together. Maybe I only speak for myself when I say this, but I honestly stopped caring about Paris when she stopped being a character foil.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/pleasewatch...opinions-16wp0
Old 10-13-2018, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess it was an interesting dynamic to see them as enemies. But I thoroughly enjoyed their friendship and they had some nice moments we might not have gotten otherwise.
Old 10-14-2018, 06:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

Views are different among fans. I enjoyed watching their friendship very much. Just to be there to add complexity to Rory's character wouldn't have served Paris or the show well. So many people love the show and Paris Gellar because she went from foil to friend and herself became a more complex and interesting character to watch. Can you imagine a rivalry lasting seven seasons? I can't think of what the plots would have looked like. More boy trouble, competing for grades, etc.? It would have gotten old very quickly. GG was never a show about cattiness. Secondly, they didn't become friends randomly at a concert. They didn't get friendly until season three and it was a painstakingly slow process (Puffs anyone?). The author seems to skim the show without much contemplation. It may be an unpopular opinion and you don't arrive there easily when you examine GG thoroughly.
marinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Exactly. Well said.
Old 10-14-2018, 09:36 PM
Loyal Fan

I agree, but I saw that friendship more one-sided. I think Paris really came to appreciate Rory and their relationship, but Rory not so much. At least not in the same way she saw her friendship with Lane
Old 10-14-2018, 09:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Old 10-14-2018, 10:14 PM
Elite Fan

Very well said, marinz, and I completely agree. I wouldn’t have seen the point to Paris as the antagonist the entire seven seasons, it would have stagnated not to mention having the audience completely fatigued by her. I’m grateful for their evolution. Yes, they could have explored it more, but I was still happy with what we received.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top