Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2007, 06:07 PM
Master Fan

Farewell, My Pet Discussion

Quote:
Richard starts his recovery two days after his bypass surgery; when she returns to Yale, Rory finds that an attractive young professor is teaching Richard's economics class; Lorelai and Sookie plan a funeral for Michel's dog.
I don't know if I can handle this. This episode breaks one of my rules. I do not read books or watch TV shows/movies where an animal dies. You would not believe the trouble I had with Cinnamon's Wake.

jennarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 07:22 PM
Absolute Fan

Please tell me im not the only one who started tearing up when Zach was playing the music for "My heart will go on." It was soo beautiful and than seeing Lorelai crying realizing her marriage is over with and that she cant just cut Luke out of her life was perfect. I obviously expected a bigger fight between CL but i think they knew they really werent worth fighting for anymore. It was over nights ago, it was wrong to begin with and i was soo happy Chris realized he shouldn't have pushed her. She was vulnerable and he used that to finally get her...never realizing that she isn't over Luke - a man thats been nothing but an angel to her for 10 years, who made one mistake.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I do not read books or watch TV shows/movies where an animal dies.
Really? Awww. I understand. It's not so bad at the begining, but at the end during the funeral I admit I was slightly chocking up, too.

Anyways, I'm practically dancing around the room since I'm so happy right now. I'm glad LC is finally done, and that the TA won't really effect RL (I'm not a major RL shipper, I just think that Rory's happy with Logan, so I'll root for them in terms of Rory's happiness. Although, I admit I like Logan alot more now than in season 5 or so.) and that Rory was completely honest about it.
And of course, I feel like the real Lorelai is coming back now, and we got some explanations and closures. I'd bet it's going to get ALOT better now!
Oh, and that it at least started with the Gilmore family still at the hospital with Richard.
Definetly one of the best episodes this season, IMO.
Lolabelle26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 07:54 PM
Master Fan

This episode was a really good episode.

I thought that Lorelai realizing that she really isn't over Luke was perfect. It really showed that she had been trying to convince herself that she was over him and that she had moved on and by marrying Chris, that had shown that. But it was all. I'm glad Sookie told Lorelai that she can't cut Luke out because he has always been there. And that last scene made my heart shatter. Not because Chris and Lorelai were done; I'm happy about that. But Lorelai breaking down. That was truely heartbreaking. Lauren Graham did a fabulous job in that scene.

Rory and Logan. I'm not a Logan fan at all. But in these past two episodes he has been really sweet. I mean I can live with Logan. I'm just not very fond of him. I thought Rory was funny in this episode. And that professor guy was HOT! She was all choked up when she was talking. haha.

Overall it was a good episode. Poor Michel. And Zach playing Celine Dion was priceless! I'm anxious to see what Luke and Lorelai have in store for them.

brittany & santana
ErinlovestheOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 08:32 PM
Total Fan

Very satisfying episode. I like this new grownup version of GG. I don't think we would have ever gotten those words from ASP.
~~ CherylS ~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

Meh, it was ok. Nothing spectacular nor extremely horrible. Although I do think Lorelai's waterworks were a bit much.
youandme1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:08 PM
Master Fan

He´s gone, gone, gone !!!!
FuzzyCerts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:26 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephrox (View Post)
It was over nights ago, it was wrong to begin with and i was soo happy Chris realized he shouldn't have pushed her. She was vulnerable and he used that to finally get her...never realizing that she isn't over Luke - a man thats been nothing but an angel to her for 10 years, who made one mistake.
I was glad that Chris said he pushed her too because it's so true and having it said on screen was good to hear. So glad he's gone!

There's so much I can fake
There's only so much that I can prove
avi by open_distance
UltimateFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:47 PM
Elite Fan

I think this was a great episode. Lorelai and Chris' split was handled well, particularly the last scene. It seemed like Lorelai finally realized she wasn't over Luke during "My Heart Will Go On." It was a very pretty rendition, but I don't really want to associate that moment with that song. I don't hate the song. I just... don't want that association.

Anyway, back on topic -- I really loved that Chris realized he was just so eager to finally have a chance with her that he jumped at the possibility of marrying her after 22 years, rather than waiting for her to be ready, and she probably never would have been. I also loved that Lorelai realized she jumped in too fast and still had feelings for Luke. Her telling Chris that she wants to want him -- heartbreaking. The entire scene between the two was heartbreaking. It's obvious how much the two love each other. Unfortunately for Chris, Lorelai just isn't in love with him and most likely never will be.

Chris and Lorelai are now finished. There's no way they can believably reunite as more than friends, and even that would take some time. They've tried marriage, and both have realized that it just won't work. It took them 22 years to reach that point, but this was an effective end. Good job, DR.

The TA is good-looking, but... there's nothing really appealing about him yet. I liked that Rory was honest with Logan about her crush and that it didn't affect them at all. It does seem like a pointless storyline, but I didn't mind it.
RoxyBlueGirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:50 PM
Absolute Fan

Not too bad. I iked parts but was really confused at how Lorelai decided to end the marriage...the day before she was so sure of herself that she was invested...huh?

Great Emily/Richard/Lorelai/Rory scene iin the beginning. I don't know about you guys, but whoever cut this episode for my channel did the crappiest job EVER. We had 10-12 minutes non stop of scenes (first sequence after the opening credits). Around 10:40, they showed..I swear...like, THREE minutes worth of scenes before cutting to commercials. Zach (or guy who plays the guitar if he faked it) did a great job. Darn him..made me cry almost. Still not too sure about the epsidoe but I admit I had cheering going on when Christopher admitted to taking Lorelai, and pushing a bit, when she was vulnerable. And that he bails when things get messy.

And they mentioned the ICE RINK! THEY remember! Okay...NOW can TPTB tell us that the marriage wasn't legal? Seriously...this shouldn't be too hard...two lines, maybe even one...

Rory/TA scenes were really cute and I liked watching AB go all goofy and schoolgirl-crush. Michel was cute too with his sad ways, and Sookie...well...she now plays the role of "SOUNDING BOARD for Lorelai's LOVE PROBLEMS" In the kitchen, of course... does she charge by the minute or by the hour? Does Lorelai need to have love problems weekly?

Quote:
Please tell me im not the only one who started tearing up when Zach was playing the music for "My heart will go on." It was soo beautiful and than seeing Lorelai crying realizing her marriage is over with and that she cant just cut Luke out of her life was perfect. I obviously expected a bigger fight between CL but i think they knew they really werent worth fighting for anymore
Yeah, Steph, I felt teary-eyed too at that point. And WORD to everything you said as well.

ETA:
Quote:
Very satisfying episode. I like this new grownup version of GG.
You know...that's a great way to put it. I felt the characters...all of them (surprisingly, Christopher as well) were mature and grown up. Shocking. I hope they maintain some of this style throughout the season. However...it still needs to be perky and funny, so they better not tone down the funnies and make the show ALL serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyBlueGirl7 (View Post)
I think this was a great episode. Lorelai and Chris' split was handled well, particularly the last scene. It seemed like Lorelai finally realized she wasn't over Luke during "My Heart Will Go On." It was a very pretty rendition, but I don't really want to associate that moment with that song. I don't hate the song. I just... don't want that association..
See, Roxy, I didn't see this as a song for Lorelai remembering Luke...Maybe it's just me, but I didn't get that at all. Her realization at that point was that she was going to break the marriage up, and it was very obvious in the last scene that breaking up this marriage DID hurt her a lot. She's sad. And I think the "My Heart Will Go On" was more of a song signifying the end of C/L, rather than Lorelai's Luke issues (I think she made it clear that she had feelings for him with Sookie). It spoke as a eulogy almost...a sad Goodbye, My Pet, to Christopher and to Chin Chin. As for Christopher, I think MHWGO was a good choice...because it's an overplayed song that lost its meaning to me a long time ago. And surprisingly, it brought back a new meaning to me tonight with C/L's 'death'. Lorelai loves Christopher (and he loves her) but it's not enough...hence, this tribute. And it says..."I'll miss you, what we had (at some point..and 20+ years of fantasizing the dream) was special, and my heart will survive and go on"

Hope this isn't too wordy. I like analyzing WAY too much.

Last edited by MickeyJr3000; 02-13-2007 at 10:28 PM
MickeyJr3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Absolute Fan

Chris was such a jerk at the start of the episode, when you need time, you dont abandom your wife for 2 days especially in the events of an emergency, I was soooo glad Lorelai said that, she mentioned everything that we have been saying all week! But...I can't believe I'm going to say this but for the rest of the episode, Chris was a good guy, he realized his mistakes and mentioned everything we have been saying since all this trash started and then took a graceful bow out. Finally Chris acted his age and that was really good, too late though dude!

Aww Rory was so sweet this episode, making sure her grandfather and mom were ok. It was really nice to hear Rory stand up for herself against Lorelai and tell her that she isn't a kid anymore, one that has to be lied to about her parents problems and one that is gullible enough to believe them. Everything Rory said was (once again) everything we have been trying to say since last week! (it also happened to be everything Lorelai said earlier.) She was also very mature when she was talking to Logan about the whole teacher thing, he was so understanding and cool, I liked his comment at the end about Paris

The whole teacher thing is actually pretty annoying if you ask me, if DR pursues this storyline, I will be more then ticked! We already have enough triangles on the show as it is without them throwing in another sucker! Oh the thing that annoys me the most is that Logan is completely ok with this teacher thing even though Rory blantly came out and said she liked him but Marty (who had a girlfriend) is the guy he finds threatening? Like I loved that Logan was so understanding about the whole teacher thing but I just find it stupid. And my God, will Rory fall in love with every flipping guy in the world before she even gives Marty a chance? That kinda ticks me off, I like Logan but I would have liked to see Marty get a chance. btw is he coming back or is that his last appearance? If it is, I will be ticked, I would prefure the ending ASP gave him then the one DR gave us..if that was an ending!

Even though it was pretty weird seeing Rory all crushing on the teacher, she was still sooo funny and cute how she kept stumbling over her words, I liked the first scene when she was like "hehe oook"

hehe Michel was so cute this episode, I loved him and his dog (cutest dog ever.) In the music store, after he picked Celin Dion, all I could think was "how the heck is he not gay?"

Not a fan of Celin or that song but how Zach played it was great (plus GG can make me like anything ), it faintly sounded like the song but at the same time, it sounded completely different so I didn't mind it. I like how they used it, Lorelai standing there listening to the song thinking about Luke and Chris trying to pick what relationship to pursue. Oh Sookie, I love her, her question at the end of that last scene with her was...hehe just awesome!

Last edited by go_clo; 02-14-2007 at 01:38 AM
go_clo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 01:56 AM
Absolute Fan

Not so O/T...but anyway...

I just checked out the credits of the person who wrote this fantastic episode
Jennie Snyder Movies - Jennie Snyder Film - Jennie Snyder TV Shows

Jennie Snyder seems like she just KNOWS Gilmore Girls. She's only written two episodes (this and Introducing Lorelai's Planetarium), but both episodes ringed VERY true and honest to me...slower on the comedy and banter, but very well written, true to characters, and just overall really well done.

Go Jennie Snyder!
MickeyJr3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 06:19 AM
Extreme Fan

wow ! this was one of the most grown-up episodes ever.
didn't like rory telling logan how awkward she felt about that crush on the teacher. c'mon ! it's just a crush. it did show though, how mature their relationship is and how much they trust and rely on each other.

and the hot looks exchanged between lorelai and luke through the window of his diner ! made me melt.

but what i absolutely loved was the end of that episode. it was so nice to see that christopher was finally there for her and that she finally let it out. and that he could see how much she hurts and how wrong all this is. and he didn't yell at her, he wasn't mad. he understood and was there for her, holding her hand, letting her cry over her lost love luke. and that made up for all his foolishness before. in the end i thought: wow, this could have worked out cause in fact, they ARE a great couple. but you can't tell your heart which way to go. and lorelai's heart is and will always be tied to luke. that's also why i found this whole scene in the music store so funny when lorelai went through all the songs with the word "heart" in them. *LOL*

i loved it and i am sad. it was a great way to end this marriage because they didn't make chris look like the biggest jerk on earth. they revealed the truth and now everybody knows what's going on. there's finally a point to start from, trying to make things better again.

and: SOOKIE, GO !!!! U TOTALLY OPENED HER EYES !!!
Old 02-14-2007, 07:07 AM
Loyal Fan

Did anyone else think the TA looked just a bit like Christopher?

And it seemed like in her conversation with her mother that Rory was just waiting for the break up and that she was giving her mother her blessing to break it off.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:56 AM
Absolute Fan

There's a couple of things in this episode that bothered me. One was the way they just decided to make Chris into the victim. He's NOT a victim for pete's sake! I know I should probably be glad that Lorelai at least set him straight on a couple of things, but it just wasn't enough. At first the "cut Luke out" thing, it made me pissed off, but then I just realized she didn't really think it through and that got apparent for her when she just saw him through the diner window.

But seriously, she's just cutting Chris WAY too much slack and sadly enough that seems to be in character. Chris has always had this "out of jail free" card with them. Doesn't matter how much he disappoints them, fails them... doesn't matter what crap he puts them through, they always forgive him and it's the one thing that has always bugged me about the Gilmore girls.

At least the nightmare is over and the jerk is out. Now Lorelai just need to find her way back to the person she really is and not this shell that's been posing as her this season. I didn't feel that she'd woken up before, I thought I saw signs for it in 7x11, but that was just a blip and then she reverted back. At least here it was a wakening moment where she actually did more than just think.
Reply   Post New Thread