Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2018, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Aww, I love that and all of the GG fall images people are posting everywhere on SM. I always think of GG when the seasons change.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
These all look great, congrats on finding them. But I especially like this one with all the random items. So fun to guess all the episodes.
Old 09-25-2018, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Me, too, marinz. I should print that out and frame it.
Old 09-25-2018, 01:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

Really loving everything. Printing a lot of them to use on my 2019 calendar that I will be making soon. I've been making a Gilmore Girls calendar every year for years now.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I thought that was a cool find myself.

Love the aesthetics post too!
Old 11-07-2018, 03:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

Nice images. I recently wrapped up all my fan sites and reviewed the page views. To my surprise, the Paris/Rory site was my most popular one of the year (by a hair).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJ5941 (View Post)
I've been making a Gilmore Girls calendar every year for years now.
That's a pretty cool idea. I've never really thought about customizing a calendar.
Old 11-07-2018, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

That's great, James!

That's nice, Sarah. Make one for 2019 yet?
Old 11-08-2018, 04:49 AM
Obsessed Fan

^ Too bad I can't take much credit. About 95% of everything there was created by other Rory/Paris fans who simply allowed me to use their work. I just thought it'd be fun to gather all of these articles, fanfics, video clips, and pieces of art in one place, creating a sort of go-to destination for Pory fans.

The surprising part is that people are using it, which tells me that the relationship still has followers after all these years. I guess that's nice.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by James26 (View Post)
Nice images. I recently wrapped up all my fan sites and reviewed the page views. To my surprise, the Paris/Rory site was my most popular one of the year (by a hair).

That's a pretty cool idea. I've never really thought about customizing a calendar.
That’s awesome, James! I love to see this show still having so much popularity even after all these years.
Old 11-08-2018, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
^ Too bad I can't take much credit. About 95% of everything there was created by other Rory/Paris fans who simply allowed me to use their work. I just thought it'd be fun to gather all of these articles, fanfics, video clips, and pieces of art in one place, creating a sort of go-to destination for Pory fans.

The surprising part is that people are using it, which tells me that the relationship still has followers after all these years. I guess that's nice.
You compiled everything which is great.

And yes, that's cool that people are still interested.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

When it comes to shippers, I think that people are still interested in Rory and Paris because the on-screen stuff left a lot to be desired. Amy made them a couple for, like, two seconds in the show...then she sort of left their fans hanging. If the girls had actually dated, maybe for a season or so, I think that people would be a little more content.

The pairings that I seem to be most passionate about now are the ones that didn't really have much time together (including couples who were only together for one film), even if they got happy endings.

I might have to try the calendar thing. Sounds fun.
Old 11-09-2018, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I never got the impression she ever meant them to be a couple, Paris was just trying to be daring because that’s the impression she had that that’s what normal kids do at parties. I’m referring to the kiss of course.

Sarah - I love that you do a GG related calendar every year! You should post a pic (or text me a pic) of them!
Old 11-09-2018, 04:50 PM
Obsessed Fan

I know that the kiss was just a joke. I'm just saying that this moment -- and their bond in general -- left certain fans wanting something serious. As people have mentioned, if one of them was a boy, with the same exact writing, the romantic potential probably would've gotten more attention.

But since it didn't happen that way, it's a good thing that we have fan art.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Yep. I'm glad their fans have that, at least.
Old 11-10-2018, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
I know that the kiss was just a joke. I'm just saying that this moment -- and their bond in general -- left certain fans wanting something serious. As people have mentioned, if one of them was a boy, with the same exact writing, the romantic potential probably would've gotten more attention.

Good point and I agree.

Very true. I'm very thankful for fan art and fan fiction for things that aren't canon in some shows.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread