Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2013, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Fan Art Thread #36 ~ There are so many talented GG fans, please show us your work!

Welcome to the 36th Gilmore Girls Fan Art Thread!!
Post all your latest GG arts here!
Please don't hotlink or quote arts. Thanks!

Previous Thread

Information to help newbies

Software Needed to make fan Art

Many people use PhotoShop but that can cost $1000 or more dollars unless you can get a student version.

There are other software out there, which is cheep or free like photoplus is a good place to start.

Learning to Use Them

That is just a matter of using it and learning as you go, there are tutorials online that can help and classes you can take.

Last edited by Talula78; 03-20-2013 at 10:13 PM
Old 03-20-2013, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Here's Anja's recent contribution:

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Anja** (View Post)
Haha okay, here it is then;

I didn't want it to get lost in the old thread, so I've transferred it here. Thanks again, Anja!
Old 03-21-2013, 02:47 AM
Master Fan

You're welcome!!
I will share again as soon as I made something new.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

I made these awhile ago back when I still had Photoshop (I downloaded the trial of CS6) but bear in mind I made these when I was still just figuring out how to use everything and my graphic making skills improved significantly after this but I didn't really make any specifically Gilmore Girls ones besides this one. Well except for the one I made for a song I wrote about Luke and Lorelai... okay you all are going to think my obsession is insane so I'll just stop now. But anyway, here are Lorelai, Rory and Luke through the seasons...

Old 03-21-2013, 11:39 AM
Obsessed Fan

Jen, you have got to watch the PaleyFest for Parenthood. It is really good.

Does anyone know what was going on between Monica and Jason R when she first sat down? It looked like maybe there was someone special in the audience that really surprised and touched Monica.

Love the great GG pics. Don't worry, everyone here is obsessed with Gilmore Girls so talk away about them and the show
Old 03-21-2013, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Thanks for the new thread, Jen.

Love that, Anja! I need to watch the Parenthood panel as well.

Love those, JoJo. And yes, we're all obsessed.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinpink54 (View Post)
okay you all are going to think my obsession is insane so I'll just stop now.
NO!!! Don't stop! Please, if there is one place to obsess over this show & its characters, THIS IS THE PLACE! Have I made myself clear? lol But really, we're all obsessed GG fans and this place isn't nearly as busy as it once was when it was on the air, so we're all anxious to gush about it with you! LOVE the arts, btw, thanks so much for sharing!

Sarah - Ah! I know, I do need to watch it!

Lindsay - No probs.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hey maybe I'm the only one who thinks this would be a good idea haha but maybe we should have a thread for people to share songs/poems/writings they've done based on Gilmore Girls? Cause I have some songs I've written with certain scenarios/characters from the series in mind and I've shown them to some people but as far as I know no GG fans have read them and I always thought that would be cool haha.

Also maybe somewhere (or the same place) to discuss songs that remind us of Gilmore Girls? Maybe I'm the only one who does this but I have like 95 songs I think relate to some part of the show but once again I've never really talked about it with other GG fans haha.

Maybe I'm just crazy, feel free to ignore this if you think I am too haha
Old 03-30-2013, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

You're not crazy. That sounds like a good idea.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:36 AM
Master Fan

Made new background for my twitter yesterday;

Old 05-15-2013, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Pretty, Anja.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

OMG, Anja, that's GORGEOUS!!!

Oh! And I missed your message, Jojo, about a thread of association songs/poems and such for GG, that's a GREAT idea!
Old 05-24-2013, 01:45 AM
Dedicated Fan

I've been making a lot of collages lately (well they're not technically collages but I don't know what else to call them) of different characters...it's quite a process haha, I end up using photoshop, pages AND picasa. I feel like there's an easier way to do this lol. I have kind of a summer goal of learning how to make gifs in photoshop, but to do so I need to actually buy CS6 since I have some pirated version of CS2 right now that keeps crashing every 2 seconds and also for some reason doesn't let me make animations.

Anyway, back to my point...so far I've made Lorelai, Rory, Luke, Jess, Emily, Paris and Lane. I'm trying to make Sookie but I'm having difficulty finding decent high-res stills that aren't promo images with the actor posing/staring at the camera. Anyone know where I might be able to find some?

Here's some random thing I made a few hours ago (instead of finishing my massive pile of homework, of course...)
Old 05-24-2013, 02:32 AM
Master Fan

Wow, I love your pic Jojo!! It's beautiful.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:19 AM
Obsessed Fan

Anja, I love your latest pic. So pretty.

Jojo, such an pretty collage of Rory. I love the pics you chose to put in it. Now back to doing your homework Hope to see the others soon. I have no idea how to do any of that plus I have never bought any of the programs to even try to figure it out, which would be my first step in learning I am always so impressed by the work that everyone here does. Always so amazed by it all so keep them coming, please.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top