Fan Forum Star

lowkey need/want a repeat of this whole look on Monday night

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 09-16-2018 at 11:58 AM
Old 09-16-2018, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlover73 (View Post)
Sorry...but Jen started it .

This is sweet by Milo.
https://mobile.twitter.com/ThisIsUsF...91556466417664
In all honesty I think both guys were dicks at times, so, that's where I stand. Now, I'll leave y'all to it and escape the tomatoes.

I like him in that tux.
Old 09-16-2018, 11:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Looking handsome in that tux!
Old 09-16-2018, 11:33 PM
Passionate Fan

Yeah he looked great there.

Some excellent new artworks from missismess here.

https://missismess.tumblr.com/post/1...ette-12-for-my
Old 09-17-2018, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 09-17-2018 at 08:43 PM
Old 09-17-2018, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Thanks for all that!
Old 09-17-2018, 11:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

fave scene

oh **** there's stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
https://www.usmagazine.com/entertain...o-ventimiglia/

Quote:
Quote:
Stars Hollow pride! Amy Sherman-Palladino won three trophies for her comedy The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel at the 2018 Emmys on Monday, September 17, but she still has a lot of love for her family from her first show, Gilmore Girls. In fact, she got to cheer on Gilmore Girls alums Milo Ventimiglia and Alexis Bledel, both of whom were nominated this year.

At Amazon’s Emmy afterparty, the 52-year-old writer-director told reporters she hadn’t had a chance to connect with Bledel, 37, who was nominated for her role in The Handmaid’s Tale. “Alexis and I usually hook up in the ladies’ room, and I didn’t go to the ladies’ room that much in this,” she said.

But Sherman-Palladino and her husband, fellow Mrs. Maisel producer Daniel Palladino, did get face time with Ventimiglia, telling reporters the 41-year-old is “very proud” of the couple’s Emmy achievements. “And it goes for us, too,” she added, referring to the actor’s nomination for This Is Us.

“We call him our imaginary son because I always said that if I can be guaranteed that I would have a son that was Milo, then I would have done it,” Sherman-Palladino quipped. “But since I can’t be guaranteed that, we have just adopted Milo. So it’s easier, and we don’t have to put him through college or pay for anything at all. Every now and then, we take him to dinner and make sure he’s wearing a sweater and that’s all we have to do.”

https://missismess.tumblr.com/post/1...princessofdair

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 09-18-2018 at 11:41 AM
Old 09-18-2018, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Awesome Emmy pix & clips & things! He looked snazzy in that white tux.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Love what Amy said.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

He looks so much better without that creepy mustache. and I so badly wish he had won.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca456 (View Post)
He looks so much better without that creepy mustache.
Lol I don't think it's creepy but yeah I'm not a fan of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
Love what Amy said.
she's the best!

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 09-19-2018 at 12:16 AM
Old 09-19-2018, 04:37 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for all the goodies. He looks great, and the hair looks amazing...thank goodness.

He looks so Jess-like it hurts .
Old 09-19-2018, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really love the first part of her answer

Quote:
Oh, Jess. My little itty-bitty baby faced angel.

I grew up with a similar childhood to Jess, so either I’m a little biased, or I can just sympathize that much more.

Jess is brilliant. Jess probably knows, and is aware of, so much more than anyone his age (except for maybe Rory, of course). You could probably converse with him about listerally anything and he’d at least have a shred of knowledge. His hunger for knowledge cannot be matched. When he cares about a person, he cares so much, although he may not be able to show it.

I find it easy to believe that he may not have trusted Luke at first. We don’t know how much interaction Luke has had with his nephew and for all we know, Jess coming to live with Luke is the first true interaction they’ve had since Luke helped Liz with Jess as a baby. I wouldn’t trust a man who I’ve barely talked to, to be honest.

Even if all that weren’t true, Jess has seen a stream of ****ty men walk through him and his mother’s life. Believe me, and this is one of the parts I relate to - I would stop trusting men, too. Even if it were my own uncle.

Despite his upbringing, Jess managed to not completely self destruct. He managed to make it to 11th grade. He self-educated even when he didn’t have to, finding comfort in books, worlds that were anything but his own.

So, 11th grade/ Senior Year, he gets shipped off to a new school, new town, with new people and a new family. Everyone there is so frickin’ different than when he was living in New York - face it, people there are so much grumpier, busier, faster, quieter. Everyone in Stars Hollow are oh-so willing to stop, chat, smell the roses, make polite conversation and to Jess are just so damn cheery. To be honest, with that kind of culture shock, I’d frickin’ hate it, too. So Jess does what any normal teen would do in that situation - he rebels.

He steals and drinks beer, he smokes, he steals from other people. He skips class, doesn’t study, doesn’t hand in assignments. And of course, people fail to see the good and the brilliance in this kid. He’s so ridiculously smart. He can hold a conversation with anyone (when he wants to). He’s witty, sarcastic (which is a sign of a smart person and quick thinker). He’s charming as hell. He’s smart about books, music, and probably a whole slew of other categories. He’s helpful, when people least expect it, and even then won’t take credit for it. When he screws up with someone he cares about, he tries to make it right. These are all so important qualities that go beyond grades and attitude.

When he tells Rory he loves her, and asks her to run away with him, he’s desperate. He’s so desperate. He can see in Rory’s reaction to seeing him that she still cares so much about him - maybe even still loves him - and he doesn’t want to let that go. He has pretty much no one, and he wants to be with her so badly. Hell, he left her, thinking he wasn’t good enough for her. He was getting kicked out of school, couldn’t take her to prom, couldn’t go to college, couldn’t measure up to the man he thought Rory deserved.

To me, him asking Rory to run away with him shows the teeniest bit of development in a way. He obviously thought he was in a better place, and a better person, possibly someone deserving of Rory. This shows development to me because it means he’s starting to see himself in a better light. But that proposal also made him take a huge step back, because it shows how much, after a few years, him and Rory have both changed, and how much he doesn’t know her anymore. Rory worked her ass off to get to Harvard (now Yale), and he thinks she’ll just up and leave? Just like that? Oh, Jess. No, Jess.

Then we fast forward to when Rory had dropped out of school. Who was it that convinced her to go back? Jess. Because despite Rory changing some of her actions, she is still, deep down, the Rory he fell in love with, and leaving Yale wasn’t her. Not at all. He goes to see her and he’d written a book! He wrote a book. Someone who lived in a ****ty apartment with a ****ty job and a ****ty attitude got a job, surrounded by books, one thing he loves, and then actually wrote a book. You can see at the bookstore - he has friends! He made incredible leaps. He had a better attitude, was more open to people, showcases his brilliance and talents instead of hiding them like he used to. He was a happier person.

Finally, when Rory kissed him … my heart broke for a multitude of reasons when he told her “I deserve better.” He wasn’t focused on getting the love of his life back. He wasn’t focused on sticking it to Logan. He wanted to be happy. He wasn’t focused on anyone else. Just himself. His own happiness.

Jess Mariano is literally the deifnition of Character Development. I wish we’d been able to see more of it.
"welcome to the S.H."

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 09-19-2018 at 09:36 PM
Old 09-20-2018, 05:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Another thing I'll read later.
Old 09-20-2018, 06:26 AM
Passionate Fan

Oh wow. That's an amazing character study of our boy. Made me a bit teary .

This line in particular I love.

When he cares about a person, he cares so much, although he may not be able to show it.

I remember an episode of the Gilmore Guys and one of the guests announced he was team Jess (think it was Hrishi or some name like that), because he loved how Jess felt emotion 100% but didn't know how to deal with it. I totally agree with that.

Such a complex character. Not bad for one appearing in only 30 something episodes.