Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2004, 02:31 PM
Master Fan

Here ya go Valerina, you are...

MMS Supporter #16
ESK Supporter #11

Welcome [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I just rewatched that last scene in the diner. Loving it even more the second time. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] It was just so sweet and cute. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] I think that's one of my favorite scenes this season.

Ugh, Nicole. I can't wait to see the fight. Somethings gotta happen to get rid of her. I just remembered you always used to call her Nasty Nicole, Cheryl. Now I just feel like chanting 'Nasty Nicole has got to go' [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

ETA: I'm with Nutters and the not understanding all the Trory business either. Someone explain to both of us what the big deal with Tristan is?

[ 02-27-2004: Message edited * Genevieve * ]
-Genevieve- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 02:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Suh-weet. I've got numbers!

As much as I dislike the idea of Nicole, I wish they had made her more of a character. I mean, we all hate her because of the roadblock quality she has between L&L, but I'm tired of telling people that I don't like her just because. Don't get me wrong, I want to hate her...I just wish there was more of her to hate.

And word on the Tristan thing. I totally don't get it. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Emily Gilmore: When a woman gives birth to a crack baby you do not buy her a puppy.

My LJ. 'Cause I'm interesting. Or whatever.
Valerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 02:55 PM
New Fan

Genevieve: thanks for the site recommendation, I'll have to go through quotes this weekend.

gluglug: ITA, they have to give us something to keep us satisfied during the hiatus. At least the hiatus won't be as long as it normally is. Aren't they coming back the first week of April? Maybe I made that up.

Nutters: thanks for the well wishes and for letting me know that Pamie hasn't posted her recap. Now I know not to look for it for the rest of the day.

Wouldn't it be nice if Luke showed up for Gran's funeral? Lorelai did go to Uncle Louie's funeral in Dead Uncles and Vegetables not because she knew or cared about Uncle Louie, but because he was Luke's uncle and that's what you do when a friend's relative dies. I would be pleasantly surprised if Luke showed how much he cared for Lorelai as a friend by attending the funeral...even though we all know he cares for her as more than a friend! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] My parents met at a funeral--hey, anything can happen. So I think Luke showing up could be a real eye-opener for Lorelai.

ITA to everyone who doesn't get the Trory thing. He had a minimal part in a handful of episodes about four years ago and all of the Trories are still on the Tristan/Rory 'ship. Maybe it's just all of us JJs who don't get it.

[ 02-27-2004: Message edited NaturallyNawlins ]

[ 02-27-2004: Message edited NaturallyNawlins ]

MMS SUPPORTER #2

You’re happy.
Yeah.
Did you do something ****ty?
I’m not that happy.
NaturallyNawlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 03:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think the show returns on April 13th, this is unconfirmed, just me doing the math. Some WB shows are returning that week (ie. Angel), so I'm thinking that'll be the date. They have six eps left and the finale is usually the third week in May.

I think it would be great if Luke showed up to Trix's funeral but something tells me he'll have his hands full. And if he doesn't tell Lor about the fight, I'm sure she'll hear about it through town gossip, eventually.

Thinking of potential L/L conflict - maybe Lorelai gets mad at Luke for not telling her about the fight and then he, in turn, gets mad at her for not being open about Jason? They are open with each other about everything, except what's going on with their SOs.

Oh, if you haven't been checking out Fanfiction.net, there's a new author that I think y'all would enjoy - she writes JJ fic - a bit heavier and melodramatic than the show, but good.

Netherfield's Stories

[ 02-27-2004: Message edited gluglug ]
Old 02-27-2004, 04:01 PM
Ultimate Fan

Wow! So busy here! I've been lurking here all day.. I wanted to post, but Alexis is teething right now and never let me sit down and post. She's watching Mickey Mouse right now, so I think she'll give me a few minutes!

Hey piper! Hey Lurkers! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Thanks for de-lurking. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I think it's great that everyone is coming out and showing their JJ love. It's cool that even those that don't particularly ship L/L are seeing the chemistry and loving their scenes. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I finally watched the episode all the way through! They are so comfortable around each other.. Lorelai at the diner.. they acted like they were the married couple. Notice that Lorelai just went into Luke's to email Rory on her laptop? She could have done that at home, but she chose to hang out at Luke's. I think Luke likes it that Lorelai feels so comfortable there with the pouring her own coffee and serving herself.

I noticed that small look he made when he was talking to Dean and smelling the flower.. so sweet. I bet he put the rose in a glass of water!

I was wondering too if Luke would make an appearance at Trix's funeral. Although if he's busy fighting with Nicole, he may not make it. Maybe Lorelai will go to the diner after the funeral.

They've been building up these L/L scenes and getting them closer.. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few sweet scenes between the two. I'm wondering too if Luke will tell Lorelai about the fight.. I don't think Lorelai would be that mad that Luke didn't tell Nicole. He just gave her a big chunk of money.. I think she's going to go out of her way to keep him happy!

Though, not as far as Kevin has been suggesting! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I know something is going to happen before the end of the season. They don't build up the chemistry between two people on tv for nothing. And if it includes getting rid of Nicole, I'll be happy. Yeah, I wish they would have developed her character a bit more too.. but I think that's kind of the point they are making. We don't see Nicole often because of her insignificant status in Luke's life, even though she is his wife.

Will Jason find out about this money? Will Lorelai's parents find out? How or will Nicole find out? Will we have a Jason/Luke scene? A Lorelai/Nicole scene? Will Luke and Lorelai get closer by the end of this season? What will be the thing that gets them together?

All these questions that I want answered.. hopefully they'll answer them all for us! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

junkie | LG fanlisting | My babies | Life's a Bitch

The Seeress of the High Desert
~Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 04:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Valerina:
<STRONG>As much as I dislike the idea of Nicole, I wish they had made her more of a character. I mean, we all hate her because of the roadblock quality she has between L&L, but I'm tired of telling people that I don't like her just because. Don't get me wrong, I want to hate her...I just wish there was more of her to hate.</STRONG>
Valerina, I know what you mean! I don't like Nicole because she isn't a character! We've talked tons of times about how we liked Rachel and we don't like Nicole. Nicole is just so huh. There's nothing to love, but really nothing to hate actually. That's sad. Her scene eating fries was ok, I could hate her there. And the scene with the pen, heh. I wanna get another shout-out about that. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Carly, I want Luke to come to the funeral too!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Don't think it'll happen, though... I mean, Louie was a part of Stars Hollow, and Lorelai is a part of SH. But Luke isn't a part of that whole different world the Gilmores belong to... but I want him to be there.

gluglug, yeah, I've been reading those stories too. Really good, though hard on the drama sometimes. I want to see an update of We're Playing Hardball Now!!! They play really hard sometimes but I still think it's a great fic.

Did I already say how happy I am that there are so many people here? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I love this thread now even more, it's more fun!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]
"Jesus, these people are pampered, aren't they? Nobody knows how to cook or make a drink. They're used to being waited on hand and foot by servants or Luke or the Yale cafeteria, and when left on their own they resemble Sims. Whining and moaning, peeing on the couch, whimpering that they're bored and hungry."
~Pamie at TWoP

journal
Nutters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 04:27 PM
Ultimate Fan

Well, we know Jason is going to be at the funeral. I don't think she would want Luke at the funeral.. even though, technically, they are just friends. It's going to be hard to tell that to Jason when he only knows Luke as the guy who owns the diner that serves the best coffee in town! I don't think Jason knows that Luke is Lorelai's friend.. or how close of a friend. When Jason mentioned that Lorelai talks about Luke's all the time.. it sounded like Lorelai talked about Luke's Diner and the coffee rather than Luke himself.

Lorelai tends to like to keep Luke to herself and keep Jason away from her Stars Hollow world. But I do want the two to meet. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] That would be priceless!

Old 02-27-2004, 04:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by NaturallyNawlins:
<STRONG>So to everyone who is creeped out by lurkers...we dont mean to creep yall out. I think a lot of lurkers are just nervous about whether or not what they say will be accepted and whether they will be welcomed. Y'all seem very nice though! </STRONG>

Nope! That’s not it for me. I’m kinda a lurker and it’s not cuz I’m scared it’s just cuz I’m not witty like the rest of you here. I mean to you this might be normal conversation…

Quote:
Originally posted by jayta:
<STRONG>I would like to see Dean explore a 'real' relationship with her.

::ducks from flying tomatoes and creeps away::

*peeks in one last time*

Besides we all know she belonged with Tristan [img]smilies/mischief.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

::runs away::

[img]smilies/evil_laugh.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
but to me it’s hilarious. It cheers me up to see how witty you all are and THAT is why I lurk and rarely post. I’m not funny… [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]

and look down @ my # of posts! so far i've de-lurked more than 200 times. + back in 2001 FF lost more than 500 of my post. don't know how that happened. ???

I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin deep. Thats deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?
*Steffie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 04:38 PM
Total Fan

PARTY CENTRAL!!!!!!

Yep, Nasty Nicole has got to go! I guess the writers didn't want us to know her. She isn't his type and I think he might squash her in bed.

Lorelai can fend for herself!!

Jason will be another matter. I'll feel a little bad if/when he loses Lorelai. Unless he turns out to be a big jerk.

Lorelai needs a real man.....Luke is a real man.

Maybe when Luke saw him in the jeep with Lorelai, he thought Jason was her gay decorator. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I think maybe Luke is busy during the funeral....hopefully, getting rid of a wife!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
~~ CherylS ~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 04:49 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~~ CherylS ~~:
<STRONG>PARTY CENTRAL!!!!!!

Maybe when Luke saw him in the jeep with Lorelai, he thought Jason was her gay decorator. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

</STRONG>
[img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]

I do wonder what Luke was thinking when he saw Jason. I wonder if he knew that Jason was the guy who rudely tailgated him! You know Luke can take Jason on anyday!

Why hasn't Luke said anything about 'the guy in Lorelai's jeep'. Maybe he doesn't want to bring him up because if Lorelai hasn't brought him up then it must not be important. I do agree with the one that said that in some way, Luke likes Lorelai to think of him as taken.

I think it's funny how, of course only in this situation, that we're all condoning cheating and getting rid of Nicole as being right! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I wouldn't mind if Luke gave Lorelai a kiss now. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2004, 05:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~~ CherylS ~~:
<STRONG>Maybe when Luke saw him in the jeep with Lorelai, he thought Jason was her gay decorator. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

At the spoiler thread people talked about how Jason should be as upset as we all expect Nicole to be about this whole money thing. That whole sentence might be correct in another order. But what can I say, it's late, this is not my mother tongue, hope you get the point [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Anyway, I think Jason has to start wondering about Luke, soon! Just pinch him a little [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
"Jesus, these people are pampered, aren't they? Nobody knows how to cook or make a drink. They're used to being waited on hand and foot by servants or Luke or the Yale cafeteria, and when left on their own they resemble Sims. Whining and moaning, peeing on the couch, whimpering that they're bored and hungry."
~Pamie at TWoP

journal
Old 02-27-2004, 05:11 PM
Ultimate Fan

Jason has as much of a right to be upset about Lorelai running to Luke than Nicole does. I can understand why Lorelai didn't go to Jason for money.. but Jason may not see it the same way. I hope they do show Jason't reaction to Lorelai going to Luke for emotional and financial support.. both roles that Jason may feel that he should be the one to fill not Luke. I could see him questioning Lorelai about her feelings for Luke.

Old 02-27-2004, 05:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Nope! That’s not it for me. I’m kinda a lurker and it’s not cuz I’m scared it’s just cuz I’m not witty like the rest of you here. I mean to you this might be normal conversation…

but to me it’s hilarious. It cheers me up to see how witty you all are and THAT is why I lurk and rarely post. I’m not funny…
That's another reason why I lurked so long before joining in too. I'm not witty or funny either. But I still post my boring comments. It's all good [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] . It's so fun to just read what everyone else has to say, and I'm cracking up all the time.

Quote:
Maybe when Luke saw him in the jeep with Lorelai, he thought Jason was her gay decorator.
*joins the group of people already rolling on the floor laughing* [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] You always have the best comments Cheryl [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Quote:
You know Luke can take Jason on anyday!
You know it. That would have been funny if they had gotten into a fight over the tailgating. And I loved it when Jason got all nervous in the car and didn't want to go in. Even he knows Luke can take him [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] .

Can't wait to see both Nicole and Jason's reactions when they find out about the money.
-Genevieve- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 05:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Stephanie*:
<STRONG>Nope! That’s not it for me. I’m kinda a lurker and it’s not cuz I’m scared it’s just cuz I’m not witty like the rest of you here. I mean to you this might be normal conversation…

but to me it’s hilarious. It cheers me up to see how witty you all are and THAT is why I lurk and rarely post. I’m not funny… [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] </STRONG>
Oh, come on! Many many people who post here really often aren't witty at all! I include myself! Sometimes the thread gets booooring. But it's the JJ love that keeps it alive [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] (do you all wanna puke after reading that? no? then I guess it is really what keeps this thread alive...) We just come here to share our feelings about the eps [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Anyway, I guess it's all about following your train of thoughts. But if you wanna lurk, I'm fine with that. But say hi once in a while! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Oh, and Genevieve, believe me, you are not boring. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Hee, I was just about to put 'not' in italics, while saying the sentence in my head, and it sounded exactly like "You are not failing". [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] So just picture me as your little Luke [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] If you want, you don't have to. [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img]
~Pamie at TWoP

journal
Old 02-27-2004, 05:43 PM
Ultimate Fan

How about I just picture Luke. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I wonder what Luke really meant by what he said about Lorelai not seeing Nicole? What would it take for Luke to get out of this marriage? Would he go off the deep end and do something crazy before admitting to himself that he needs this to end? Will something happen that will make Luke have to end this marriage? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Reply   Post New Thread