Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2004, 08:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm going to post then go back and read, so I may have to edit later. JJ's everywhere can rejoice!!!! Oh my God!!!! The diner fight was reminiscent of Lor's "hassle" rant a few eps back, but the shoveling fight...I was jumping up and down. I loved how he put her in her place, finally laying into her, "I owe you nothing!!!!" You could tell it was all about the internal struggle he has with her...technically he doesn't owe her anything. But his heart says otherwise. And then I loved how she just went into the diner and they looked at each other for a second and she said "you want to go help me break those bells?" and they were off. Such a cute way to make up, and very much their style. And he's still living there!!! Yes!!!

Then...(hyperventilating)...the talk at the church? "I don't want you to move." "Why? Why do you care?" I swear I wanted to throw things at that minister when he walked in then. I was yelling at the tv. But oh lord, what a JJ moment, and one we've been craving for a very long time. You know, for once, the promo wasn't misleading. And Lorelai was so cute ranting about it to Sookie, so distracted.

Okay, moving on... Could care less about the opening scene with the funeral for someone we didn't know. Could care less about that ho hum band. But Lane and Mrs. Kim...that was prime story and I was hooked. Lane got to show depth and emotion and questioning her life...excellent!!! Mrs. Kim got to show basically those same things plus heartbreak and betrayal. The story between them was heavy and potent and tugged at every heartstring.

Okay, going back to read now...I might be back.
~ MMS #6! ~ ESK #5! ~

Luke: "Well, if you have a big one you don't need a small one. (grimaces) Don't say 'dirty', it's too easy."
I'll say it!!! ..:irty!::..
sharla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 09:47 AM
Total Fan

Luke's fury, Lorelai's jealousy.....I think the journey has started.....

One big step but it will probably take forever to get another. May sweeps????

This was the old Luke/Loreali dynamic we know and love.
~~ CherylS ~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 10:06 AM
New Fan

Finally some development with Luke and Loreli. They are great together even when its a fight. There's so much chemistry there.

I'm so hoping the writers follow through with this soon and Loreli admits that Luke's who she wants. He's been sorta waiting for her to make up her mind for years, and I think that's what the fight was about on his part.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:21 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by A. B. Normal:
<STRONG>In honor of my rekindled JJ love, I had the wonderous LukeLorelai4Eva make a special fanart for Kay and Amanda for their shared birthday today. Lyrics are from "A Kiss to Build a Dream On" by Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald. Have a great day guys!
</STRONG>
aw, thank you so much! that's really sweet of you [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

RORY: What'd I miss?
EMILY: I was just admiring your mother's life.
RORY: Oh, I do that daily.
* Kay * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 10:30 AM
Master Fan

Well, I'm still trying to figure out if L/L left this episode being mad at each other or not...I was having attention issues last night.

Anyway, I didn't except the shovel scene to be that short but I can see from both sides of the argument Lorelai's and Luke's. But I can def. see that Lorelai would be pissed Luke didn't tell her, hell I would be. Luke needs to realize he is married and start acting like it or get divorced. Nicole and him aren't married physically, only legally.

-*- Journal || LG Media Alerts -*-
Cherié £u£u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 01:22 PM
Loyal Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

That sure was some good time Java progress. It was a really big move, hopefully theres's more to come.

As were Luke stands with Nicole in this relationship, I think were not going to see her very much. It's just a feeling, but no complaints from over here.

As for their feelings being left in the open I think if it could be compared to a scale between Yes, Maybe, or No, they have drifted way pass the maybe and is coming closer to the good old Yes side. (Did that make any sense?)

Be back Later

[ 01-28-2004: Message edited suncharm682 ]
Old 01-28-2004, 01:22 PM
Total Fan

Anyone else think that Lorelai is really recognizing her feelings but when she looks at Luke she sees 'married man' tread carefully?

She sees married man but not commited man. She has to wait until he decides whether to commit to his marriage or end it. Then maybe she can really talk to him about their feelings.

Frustration all around for these two. Luke really has to decide about Nicole. Some of his comments seem to indicate that he is thinking that he really is married....but only in the legal sense. He sure brought it up a lot last night. The more he talks about it, the more he realizes he is married.
Old 01-28-2004, 01:38 PM
Passionate Fan

You know why I'm so happy about this?

Because #1) We got a Java moment. Period. On top of that, they didn't mess it up. The drama was the drama, the comedy was the comedy, and there was a distinction between the two. It gave me those S1 fuzzy's when the episode ended - and thats how I know it was a Java Junkie episode [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

#2) The episode as a whole was just... well, it was great. It was my favorite of the season and I'm so happy about that. Last weeks episode, IMO, was absolutly horrid and it seriously made me rethink my dedication to the show. This episode was the one that was going to make it or break it for me. (Wow, I sound so serious, don't I?) And fortunatly - it made it [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I can't wait until May comes around.

(And um... shhh but... I'm a little excited to see Jess coming back. Now even more than ever since the preview shows he and Lorelai talking... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img])
"...with Mardi Gras I kinda have a problem cause you see, I dont like to be topless no dont give it away for free...I guess thats just me. Oh Ellen I don't wanna show my melons just for a string of beads!" - Lauren Graham singing and playing piano on The Ellen Show
ESipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 01:53 PM
Loyal Fan

I do agree that she's coming to terms with her feeling for Luke. Yes, she sees a married man but she can also tell that he doesn't want to be married. I don't think she will confess how she truely feels until Luke's finish with Nicole. In Lukes case he's the only one who can decide his fate as far as Nicole and him go. I do believe that Lorelai was telling him how Nicole and his relationship really is. I guess the writers are trying to make it seem like Nicole is not aware of the problems that they have, and will continue to have. Luke and Nicole's relationship was off to a bad start from the beginning, and now it's even a bigger mess than before when they such have just got the divorce.
Old 01-28-2004, 02:39 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm watching the episode right now and I had to stop to come over here! I haven't read anything you wrote about the ep and it's good because I actually wanted to have the impression that I'm the first one to say:
TOOLBOX!!!!!!! Though it's not Bert, this one is red. But whatever, those lines are going to my sig. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
So far I'm loving the ep!
"Jesus, these people are pampered, aren't they? Nobody knows how to cook or make a drink. They're used to being waited on hand and foot by servants or Luke or the Yale cafeteria, and when left on their own they resemble Sims. Whining and moaning, peeing on the couch, whimpering that they're bored and hungry."
~Pamie at TWoP

journal
Nutters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 03:03 PM
Total Fan

My point exactly ~~ we're in sync there.

Bottom line ~~ Luke has to commit to Nicole or get on with the divorce. Lorelai would be crazy to get into that mess. He realizes that she has said a lot, but his stubborness is showing. He will have to hash it out for himself.

She's not making him feel guilty ~~ he's making himself feel guilty because he knows he is wrong. He's in way over his head.
Old 01-28-2004, 03:33 PM
Loyal Fan

So, now I'm back and I loved the whole episode. It was reeeally good, I also got those season 1 feelings! That was not only the best episode of the season, but also the best one in a long time. I was so excited watching the episode! And that hadn't happened in a long time. It was an episode with structure, there were defined plots and there was drama! I'm stunned! I just hope they keep it up.

I just loved Lorelai and Luke, although Lorelai hat was horrible! I was so glad when she took it off.
And yes, she was interrupted, and they could have changed that. I mean, they are always interrupted whenever they come closer. And sometime they have to take a step forward. But I guess the progress here was that, this time, Lorelai was interrupted and not Luke. The whole scene that night was so cute. And we got a dirty shout-out! It was JJ like in the old times!!!

And even Rory was good (so cool conversations with Lorelai: over the phone and hearing the bells). And there was Paris, and there was Lane and her story was really good. Lane is moving on! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] And there was a Luke rant!!! And townie humor (without Taylor)!!! And lots of snow!!! What else can one want? I think this is going to be a classic episode. Not a TDDR-like classic episode, I mean, TDDR is THE episode. But I actually thought the show had jumped the shark. For good. But now I realize it has not. I'm so happy! Can you believe this? I'm rewatching the episode!

Btw, Alexis, that is a pretty fanart! I always wanted someone to make a video to that song, so a fanart just makes me happy! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] And including those pictures of Lorelai holding Davey... that was so cute... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Lorelai: "Yes, can you believe it? These are the same freaks that also like sunsets, and the moon, and the stars..."

Lorelai: "What are you painting?"
Luke: "Uh... our appartment."
Lorelai: "You and I? We're getting an appartment?"

Lorelai: "You wanna help me break the bells?"
Luke: "I'll get my toolbox."
(that is such an indecent proposal!!!)

Lorelai: "How about if I shine it on the wall and do a dirty puppet show?"

Lorelai: "Ok, I'm out. What's your plan, Clyde?"

Lorelai: "God, these things are heavy. Don't you have a smaller toolbox?"
Luke: "No, why would I have two toolboxes?" (that'd be a genetic aberration... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] )
Lorelai: "'Cause then you'd have a big one and a small one."
Luke: "Well, if you have a big one you don't need a small one. Don't say dirty, it's too easy."

Luke: "You know what? I was a little tipsy on that cruise ship, but I don't remember anyone pronouncing us husband and wife to Lorelai."
Lorelai: "Well they may as well have, because I spend as much time with Nicole as you do."
WORD!

Luke: "What do you care?"
Lorelai: "I care."
Luke: "Why?!"
Lorelai: "Because I don't want you to move."
Luke (softly, but not hopeful as in season 3's finale): "Why? Why don't you want me to move?"

[ 01-28-2004: Message edited Nutters ]
"Jesus, these people are pampered, aren't they? Nobody knows how to cook or make a drink. They're used to being waited on hand and foot by servants or Luke or the Yale cafeteria, and when left on their own they resemble Sims. Whining and moaning, peeing on the couch, whimpering that they're bored and hungry."
~Pamie at TWoP

journal
Nutters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 03:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, REALLY loved this episode. and the ctrl+v function. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

The funeral scene was very strange, I made the comment, "so...we're 5-10 minutes into the episode and no plot yet" but anywho, I liked it anyway.

I was very pleased with the episode in general. I have a love/hate feeling about that minister walking in thing. It was poorly timed, but I loved how he did it.

Where'd bert go?!

ah, what an excellent episode. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] The calm before the storm. and by storm I mean Jess. But I do hope he gives Luke a lot of crap about being married to Nicole and still being in love with Lorelai. I don't mind Luke/Jess situations either, but they make it look like he's all piney for Rory and it's revolting.
MMS Supporter #4! ILY Supporter #52! WYMM Supporter #33! LL Supporter #5! Official keeper of Luke's Wallet!
"A Nymphomaniacs Anonymous meeting would almost certainly end with a mass relapse every week." -Josh
Parvulissula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 03:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

I've just felt like doing a happy dance all day! [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img]

I'm so happy we got a S1'ish JJ moment last night! I know it won't last. I know it's only temporary. But for now, I'm giddy!!!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
~ MMS #6! ~ ESK #5! ~

Luke: "Well, if you have a big one you don't need a small one. (grimaces) Don't say 'dirty', it's too easy."
I'll say it!!! ..:irty!::..
sharla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 04:05 PM
Ultimate Fan

I was going to post last night.. I was, I was up late, rewatching the episode and burning cds.. I'm in the process of cleaning out my hard drive! So much to say, wow, we really got an eyeful of Luke and Lorelai's feelings for each other. Progress is going nicely. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Oh, where do I start?

It's funny how neither Lorelai nor Luke can 'sleep' with their partners.

Ok, I totally understand Lorelai's side in this. If my best friend moved and didn't bother to tell me, give me her new number, address.. I'd be crushed and would start quesioning our friendship also. I mean, what other things has Luke been hiding.. as much as Lorelai jokes around, she does take friendship seriously and she takes her friendship with Luke seriously. As for Lorelai not telling Luke about Jason.. that isn't really the same thing. Moving to another county is pretty big.. and Lorelai didn't have a clue or a new number or anything! When my best friend, who I don't get to see or talk to as much as I'd like, took a trip to Canada with her husband, she called me just to let me know that she'll be gone for a week. Luke did nothing, in fact, if Lorelai didn't push Luke to tell her what's up, Lorelai would still be in the dark about moving. It's bad enough that Luke moved, but he said he moved three weeks ago.. three weeks and no word to your best friend! That had to hurt. As for Jason, he's a warm body to keep Lorelai company. Yes, they like each other, but they aren't serious... as of right now, it's not some life-changing thing. You usually keep new boyfriends under wraps anyway until you know how it's going to work out.. she just started seeing Jason. If she's been seeing him for a few months and didn't tell Luke, then I'd say she's being hypocritical about not knowing stuff. Except for last week's episode where Jason came to the DragonFly, if we never saw any Lorelai/Jason scenes, you wouldn't know Lorelai was seeing someone. The only ones that know Lorelai is seeing someon is Rory, Sookie/Jackson, and Michel.

I believe Luke didn't tell Lorelai, because the fact is he hasn't really moved in with Nicole. And he knows this. It's been three weeks that he's had an apartment with Nicole and he hasn't been sleeping over there.. yet coming home to the diner every night! Lorelai is right, he's just a rude guest that eats Nicole's food and leaves. Telling Lorelai would have to make it a reality.. that he did indeed get an apartment and has to move into the apartment. It's always been said that Luke knows that Lorelai has feelings for him, just refuses to acknowledge them. He told her about the marriage, bad enough, Lorelai found out for herself that Nicole was back and she and Luke were trying to make the marriage work, and now Lorelai hears about the apartment.. Luke is panicking, if Lorelai feels their friendship is changing or that Luke is moving away from her in the sense of him beeing attached and living his life away from Lorelai, Luke is afraid he'll lose Lorelai and Lorelai, herself, will move on and drop the 'feelings' she has for him.

Hence the fight when he was shoveling her walk. I think Luke intentionally went over to apologize.. he was shoveling her walk.. the shovel was in her garage. That is the sign of guilt. But then, he's also guilty of his feeling for Lorelai when he's attached to Nicole. As he kept shoveling, his guilt and frustrations were building up that when she finally came out of the house, he blew up. Even though he put her in her place, the rant was more about him being confused and frustrated with how he feels about her and not so much about her being mad over the move. He knew he should have told her. He's mad that Lorelai found out about him moving 'cause he wants nothing to change between them.. which is behind the many times he kept repeating, "Nothing has changed", to her. He really believes that. He felt guilty and defensive with Lorelai 'cause he likes her and is unhappy with his situation with Nicole.

I love how Lorelai came to Luke and asked if he wanted to help her break the bells. Lorelai never minded the bells, she actually liked them. Earlier when Rory was getting annoyed with them, Lorelai defended the bells. Then when Luke was ranting about how big of an annoyance the bells were, Lorelai was the one telling him to lighten up since it's not so bad. Luke's argument during him shoveling struck something in Lorelai.. so she went out to help Luke. I doubt her intentions when she left the house after speaking with Rory was to break the bells, especially since they didn't bother her. The apartment has never looked so lived in for the past 4 years I've been watching this show! The look on Lorelai's face, the revelation on Lorelai's face, was priceless. She summed up the whole situation about Luke and the moving from looking around his apartment. In a way, I think Luke had Lorelai find out this way deliberately. For one, if he truly wanted to hide the move, he would have hidden the paint samples when Lorelai came into the diner.. he didn't and he knew she would question him. Second, he didn't mind and even seemed happy, that Lorelai came up to his apartment and see that his apartment was still the same that nothing has changed. On some level he knew all this would make Lorelai tell him what she thought about his situation and in some way, give him some solid insight or advice. Even though Luke hates that, Lorelai is the only person who he can truly talk to and listens to his problems. He can't go to Nicole about this, how can he tell his wife that he doesn't want to move in with her? So he goes to his best friend, making sure the topic is brought up without him actually bringing it up. Of course, later he gets mad with her questioning about his move because he doesn't want to face the reality of it.

Hee, I knew Lorelai had to have joined the gym after having Rory! Did you see how smitten Luke is when he was looking at Lorelai while she was opening the church doors with her gym card! I like how Luke is catching all the 'dirty!' before Lorelai even says it now. Luke was right, that dirty! was too easy. And Luke broke the bells before.. classic! I like getting more into Luke's past.. he's such a loner that it's interesting to get to know more about him. Luke was pushing for Lorelai to admit her feelings big time. First with trying to get her to admit her jealousy of Nicole and the fact that another woman is inhis life. And the look on Lorelai's face when he was telling her.. she's definately attracted to this guy. Luke knows how Lorelai feels about him. He was pushing for her to admit it. I think some of his frustrations comes from having this crush on her for so long, knowing she also has feelings for him but them not getting anywhere. He wants the truth on why she cares so much and why she doesn't want him to move. Doesn't matter that they were interrupted by the reverend.. Luke knows why Lorelai cares, it was written all over her face, her whole expression, coupled with her freak out about him moving just screamed out that she loves him. Now that Luke got the 'truth', when he finds out about Jason, the blow is going to be big. I can see what Luke would be thinking, "You have feelings for me but you're sleeping with him?! Oh, yeah, I'm married!" Question is, how long is Luke going to keep up this fiasco with Nicole, knowing how Lorelai feels and knowing how he feels? Lorelai is right, Luke isn't acting like a husband, it's a whole other situation. He doesn't sleep at 'his' apartment, he goes home to the diner and spends his time with Lorelai.

And Nicole! Is this woman blind or some kind of dumb? Hello! Luke is wearing this big blinking red, neon sign that says, "Hey, I don't want to commit to you! It's never going to happen!" What woman in her right mind would not think soemthing is wrong when her 'husband', after three weeks, won't move in with her.. hasn't made a dent in his apartment to bring his stuff over, will not sleep over with her, and just pops in when it's convenient for him? Why the hell would she let herself be treated like this? Luke doesn't love her.. he's pining over his best friend! You can't tell me that Nicole isn't feeling the cold coming from Luke.. it has to feel like freaking blizzard! Will Nicole confront Luke about his commitment issues? Man, if I don't see Nicole confront Luke in the near future, then it'll just prove what an idiot she is. Luke says he's her husband, 'cause legally, he is.. but he doesn't feel that way and he certainly doesn't see her the way he does about Lorelai.

I do feel for Luke in some ways. But he did this to himself. I know he doesn't want to hurt Nicole, but the longer he keeps this up, the more Nicole is going to be hurt and the harder it's going to be to break this off. He should have said no to Nicole the first time she came in and wanted to work things out. He may not be cheating physically on Nicole, but mentally and emotionally.. Luke's been dishonest the whole time.

On Lane.. [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] she stood up to her mom! I feel sorry for Mrs. Kim, but then again, I don't. I understand why Lane kept everything from her mom.. if everything Lane says will be met by criticism, insults, argument and nagging, then why tell her mom anything. It's not worth it and there's no point. Mrs. Kim loves her daughter, but it's about time to find out her daughter isn't a puppet. At first I was thinking how cool it would be if Lane moved in with Lorelai.. but the more I thought about it, the more I don't care for the idea. I mean, Lorelai's dealing with empty nest syndrome won't help if she 'adopts' another. Plus, I want to see growth in Lorelai's relationships with Jason and Luke and that's not going to happen if Lane is living with her.

I don't mind seeing Jess next week. Yep, I said that! The only thing I want to see is his reaction to Luke being married and his scenes with Luke.. and of course, a special surprise at the end! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

The funeral scene didn't bother me.. though Kevin kept asking who died! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I even liked the hats.. on Lorelai. My only thing is, I was watching this and then when everyone got up out of their seats and the only thing that was going through my mind was, "Um, Lorelai's dress is short! She's looking a bit hot for a funeral!". But maybe that's just me!

[ 01-28-2004: Message edited ~Kitty ]

junkie | LG fanlisting | My babies | Life's a Bitch

The Seeress of the High Desert
~Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread