Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2004, 06:58 AM
Total Fan

Next ~ ~

Liz laughed. “The first time I met her, I thought of you. How she seemed the perfect woman for you. She’s beautiful sure, but there’s something deeper there. I could tell she has feelings for you.”

“Yeah, well, I’m not so sure about that. Although, lately….”

“Well, little brother, if you’re the smart man that I know you to be, you'll get your cute little butt down to the diner and get her away from my crazy friends.”

“Geez, more butt jokes. Is that all you women ever look at?”

“Of course not, we check out other things……the ’eyes’.” Liz laughed, as she put air quotes around the word ‘eyes’.

“Makes me feel like a piece of meat.”

”Welcome to our world, Luke.”

“Get out and let me pull myself together.” He grinned, grateful for her intrusion.

“OK, sweetie. Get pretty for your lady. Oh, and Luke, I really am sorry about Nicole……but honey, what were you thinking?”

“Out!”

“I’ll keep her entertained until you come down.”

“Don’t do me any favors……..just give her coffee. That keeps her happy.”

“That’s what you think.”

“Bye, Liz.”

But Liz was already on her way downstairs with a huge grin on her face.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Morning all!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 03-18-2004: Message edited ~~ CherylS ~~ ]
~~ CherylS ~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 07:13 AM
Master Fan

Genevieve- Freak's name is Ariel.

Tina- TV Land rocks! I like those old shows.

Kris- Never heard Jesus Murphy either. But then again, I'm not Canadian, so there ya go. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I'll have to drag Denise back here and ask her if she's heard it, since she is. (Oh and when you called Tina 'Teenie' it makes me think of Now and Then. Now I picture Tina looking like the girl that played her, which is probably not right at all. That or it makes me think 'itsy bitsy teenie weenie yellow polka dot bikini [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] )

I'm out of the loop. Ya'll keep mentioned Wonderfalls but no one has said what it is, and I don't know what it's about. But if it's as bad as I'm hearing, maybe I'll look at it to see, since Jenna said when it is. Why is it that you feel compelled to check out something that no one likes? It really doesn't make any sense, lol.

Have to get ready for the circus... or daycare... whatever you want to call it. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Hope everyone has a great day! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Mandy Renay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 07:26 AM
Passionate Fan

Next ~

--

Lorelai waited patiently to see if Luke was going to come downstairs and greet her. When she heard footsteps, she got excited, but frowned at the sight of Liz.

Liz smiled, "Aw don't worry honey. He's on his way down."

Lorelai polietly smiled back, "Excuse me?"

"Don't get your panties in a bunch because Luke's gonna be down in about 2 minutes."

Lorelai laughed uncomfortably, "Oh, alright then."

Liz went to ask Lorelai a question about Luke, but stopped when she noticed a black expensive looking car pull up to the diner.

"Whoa, who's car is that?"

Lorelai looked over her shoulder and sighed heavily. "Dammit," she whispered.

"Oh man. That car is nice!" T.J. exclaimed, making his way toward the exit. "Who do ya think owns a beauty like that?"

Lorelai slowly dragged herself away from the counter and to the door. "Thats Jason," she mumbled.

"Ooh," T.J. said, "We'll he's got a nice car!"

Jason stepped out of his car and saw Lorelai inside. He waved for her to come out, and she shook her head no. He waved for her again, and she still shook her head no. Finally when he threatened to come inside, Lorelai smiled and nodded, then turned to grab her purse before leaving. She didn't want to have any sort of discussion with Jason in the diner - Luke deserved better than that.

"I'll be back!" Lorelai yelled on her way out the door, and quickly sat in Jasons passenger seat before they sped away.

But Luke had only caught the tailend of the conversation. On his way downstairs, he heard her yell something then by the time he got there - watched her drive away with Jason. He felt his heart drop and slowly made his way back upstairs. Everything could just wait until tomorrow.

--

Good morning everyone! I woke up this morning with a fever of 100.8 - told you guys I thought I was getting sick. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Now I'm staying home, and I'm bored with nothing to do.
"...with Mardi Gras I kinda have a problem cause you see, I dont like to be topless no dont give it away for free...I guess thats just me. Oh Ellen I don't wanna show my melons just for a string of beads!" - Lauren Graham singing and playing piano on The Ellen Show
ESipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 07:49 AM
Total Fan

Ah, Emily sorry you don't feel well. Have a nice quiet day at home and write another chapter. Such a twist you added...... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2004, 09:01 AM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Mornin' everyone [img]smilies/yawn.gif[/img]

Hi Teenie [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] . Hi Jenna [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Aww, loved the conversation between Luke and Liz. Great additions Kitty and Cheryl

Thanks Mandy [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] . Wonderfalls is about this girl who works in a souvenir shop or something up at Niagara Falls and inanimate objects start talking to her. It's a little weird. They bug her and tell her to do certain things. The first thing was a deformed wax lion figure that sang through the night keeping her awake when she wouldn't do what it said. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Like I said it's kinda weird. But some people I talk to just loved it. I'm not sure yet.

Aw, Em. Sorry you're sick [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] . Take your medicine and rest today. Good add to the fic too.

Whenever I'm really stressed about school, like I am now, I'll have a dream that I miss one of my classes on a test day or something. It always happens. last night I dreamt that I completely forgot to go to my child psych class. Nothing came up, I just completely forgot. And then when I remember I start to freak out and panic. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Yeah...

Don't know how much I'll be around today. I'll probably be studying in between my classes. No time for the lab. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Talk to ya later,
-Genevieve- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 09:09 AM
Loyal Fan

Emily, that sucks that you're sick! But now you can stay on this board all day and amuse me. 'Cause like Lorelai, I do believe it's all about me. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Love the fic updates, guys! Stupid Jason, gotta go and ruin everything!

Jenna, I love that you're pimping a show that you didn't like!! Can I ask, are you a fan of Buffy or Angel? Just wondering...you're the only person I've run into that didn't like it right off the bat, so now I'm really curious about you! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mandy, Wonderfalls is a new show on Fox's "Death to all Good Shows" Friday night lineup. The showrunner is Tim Minear, he of XF, Angel, and Firefly fame. I'm in love with it, and that seems to be most people's view--the TWoP board is one big lovefest. There are way too many great critical reviews for my liking--that just means cancellation is coming...especially on Fox. I brought it up many posts ago because the dialogue/rhythm reminded me of GG and I wanted to see if anyone else got that too. And here's the shameless plug: WATCH THE SHOW!

ETA:Gen is way too fast! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] I know what you mean about those crazy school dreams--I still have dreams that I completely forgot to go to a class, and I've been out of college for almost 4 years!

[ 03-18-2004: Message edited Valerina ]

Emily Gilmore: When a woman gives birth to a crack baby you do not buy her a puppy.

My LJ. 'Cause I'm interesting. Or whatever.
Valerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 09:44 AM
Ultimate Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I've had those scary college dreams. The ones where you totally forget you had class or even 'a' class and you come in totally unprepared!

Cheryl and Emily, great additions.. continue continue! Glad you brought Jason back in, adds to the excitement. I will be gone all day.. shouldn't even be online right now.. so I'll continue later. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

junkie | LG fanlisting | My babies | Life's a Bitch

The Seeress of the High Desert
~Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 10:05 AM
Loyal Fan

I love that we all pop in to post when we shouldn't--it's all about the love! [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

Emily Gilmore: When a woman gives birth to a crack baby you do not buy her a puppy.

Old 03-18-2004, 10:34 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Valerina:
<STRONG>I love that we all pop in to post when we shouldn't--it's all about the love! [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]</STRONG>
That it is, that it is [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

So is anyone else going to join in on the minific besides myself, Cheryl, and Kitty? C'mon its for everyone!
"...with Mardi Gras I kinda have a problem cause you see, I dont like to be topless no dont give it away for free...I guess thats just me. Oh Ellen I don't wanna show my melons just for a string of beads!" - Lauren Graham singing and playing piano on The Ellen Show
Old 03-18-2004, 10:35 AM
Total Fan

It's all about denial of the real world!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

And I am so happy in my denial!! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2004, 10:54 AM
Passionate Fan

Hi everybody!

most of you already know me but it's the first time forme here at JJ thread.

WOW! HOLY CRAP! That first post is incredible! And those pics.

You won't believe it but I never got to watch the first season so I missed some of the things you mentioned like Lorelai hepling Luke to get dressed for Rachel and Lorelai seeing Luke in the snow.
I can't wait for the DVD to be released, and you can understand why [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Wilson: No, you're not afraid of authority, you're afraid she actually is right for you. You're afraid to take a chance, because it's too big a chance. If it doesn't work with her, then maybe there's no one out there.
elduccia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 10:58 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ESipher:
<STRONG>

So is anyone else going to join in on the minific besides myself, Cheryl, and Kitty? C'mon its for everyone!</STRONG>
[whine]But you guys are all so good at it![/whine] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

I think it's awesome that we have so many great writers on the thread...I've got this idea rolling around in my head that I'm trying to put on paper--my very first GG fic--and hopefully once I get that off my mind I can finally join in!

Old 03-18-2004, 11:22 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Valerina:
<STRONG>

[whine]But you guys are all so good at it![/whine] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

I think it's awesome that we have so many great writers on the thread...I've got this idea rolling around in my head that I'm trying to put on paper--my very first GG fic--and hopefully once I get that off my mind I can finally join in!</STRONG>
Hehe, yay! Join in whenever you can [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
You won't believe it but I never got to watch the first season so I missed some of the things you mentioned like Lorelai hepling Luke to get dressed for Rachel and Lorelai seeing Luke in the snow.
Hey elduccia! I see you alot on the spoiler thread. Welcome [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Ok, and a big :jawdrop: - You haven't seen season one?! Thats... insanse. Completely insane. Almost incomprehensible. You will fall in love with the show a million times over once you watch S1 on DVD. Have you read transcripts? Seen clips? Thing like that? Doesn't matter I suppose, because you have to actually watch the episode to get its full effect. Every single episode in S1 is an A+ in my book. Heh, I'm actually a little excited for you since you've never seen it and now you finally get to. You gotta let us know what your reactions are, and we can all reminisce and be nostalgic over S1.
Old 03-18-2004, 11:44 AM
Total Fan

Please everyone join in with the fic.....we have such fun and it makes the time go faster!!! Or at least that's what I tell myself!!!

Welcome D!!! I'm glad you came over to join us....I had noticed your absence..... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Now I know you are seriously addicted.....as if there was any question before!!! Now head over to the Noddies thread and add a sentence!!

I just started seriously watching in Season Three. But I've now seen them all.....got some bootleg tapes a couple years ago. We have a UPN station that showed GG whenever they could squeeze it in so until it became popular GG was hard to find. Now we get all the WB stuff everynight at ten.

Our beautiful snow is almost gone already.

I got the unaired pilot on EBay the other day. My first time to watch....very interesting!!!

[ 03-18-2004: Message edited ~~ CherylS ~~ ]
Old 03-18-2004, 11:52 AM
Loyal Fan

Hi everybody! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Dropping in really fast cause I really have to study today. It can't go on like this.

I'm loving the mini-fic, but don't have muse or time to add...

Em, sorry you're sick! I hope you get well really soon and don't get too bored today.

Welcome elduccia, yep, I know you from the spoiler board. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Oh, and I almost got to know Erica, but her post was edited before I saw it... *pout*

Off to study (yeah, sure).
"Jesus, these people are pampered, aren't they? Nobody knows how to cook or make a drink. They're used to being waited on hand and foot by servants or Luke or the Yale cafeteria, and when left on their own they resemble Sims. Whining and moaning, peeing on the couch, whimpering that they're bored and hungry."
~Pamie at TWoP

journal
Nutters is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread