Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2004, 11:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

'Cause she's all dressed up - just for him... ~Java Junkies~ 109 flirtations

CAPS:

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin deep. Thats deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?
*Steffie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 11:57 PM
Master Fan

Steph, I was just about to post and you started a new thread [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] . Good job [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]. One of these days I'll be brave and start one [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

So, back to catching up....

Kitty - I've lived here 4 years so I definately know about the summers. Last year was the worst 'cause my car didn't have air conditioning. Thought I was gonna die. But there are springy times like when the poppies come out and stuff. That should be kinda soon right? I can't remember. Don't know if we've even had enough rain for them to be good this year.

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I love that phone scene too. I crack up whenever I see it. I think Kay made an avi of it. Gonna go look for it.

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Welcome Nicole. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Honestly it feels really weird to say that. Can I call ya Nic for short? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I end up shortening everyone's names anyway. But yeah, welcome!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I keep meaning to review your fic gluglug but I'm usually reading on the run. It's awesome. Gotta go read the latest chapter.

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hi Cheryl, Em, Carly, Tina, Mandy and Val [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Nuttie - I vote for cap number one way back on page 7 of the old thread [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
-Genevieve- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 11:58 PM
Ultimate Fan

tis good start. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I'll continue the mini fic later. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Genevieve, are you going to go through the last thread and get the mini fic parts and find other things that need to be added to the template? I know we have a couple MMS and ESK supporters to add. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

thanks!

I'm a little behind on the template.. but I have everything I need to update it so far. and I'm pretty awake tonight to work on it.

junkie | LG fanlisting | My babies | Life's a Bitch

The Seeress of the High Desert
~Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 12:01 AM
Master Fan

Kitty, I'll go get all that right now. We have a bunch of people to add to the lists. Steph, I'll Pm you the numbers too and you can edit them into the first post. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-17-2004, 12:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hey Gen!

Great Job starting the thread Steffie! [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]

CAPS:

Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 12:14 AM
Master Fan

Ok, I think this is all of the fic. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Yowsa, I can't believe how fast we went throught the last thread. Off to do PMs [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
Ding dong!
Lorelai sat up in her bed. She was watching old movies in her room while reading over a few things for the Inn. She glanced over at the clock. 'It's almost 2am. Who the hell would come over here at 2 in the morning?!'
Lorelai walked downstairs and screamed, "Who is it?"
"Luke!"
Lorelai opened the door, "Aren't you supposed to be at T.J.'s bachelor party?"
"We got kicked out."
"What?"
Luke walked into Lorelai's house and sat on the couch. "T.J. got into a fight and then I joined in and the bouncers threw us all out. Some of the guys were upset that they couldn't finish watching some girls mud wrestle."
Lorelai sat next to him with her eyes wide. "Really! Man, I miss all the good stuff. So, are you drunk?"
"I'm a little buzzed but I'm good."
"So what's up?" Lorelai didn't want him to feel unwelcome by asking him what he is doing here, but it is two in the morning.
Luke rested his head on the couch and looked at the ceiling. "I got hit on by some lap dancer. I turned down a lap dance."
"Wow Luke, why did you do that. Nicole must be pretty special for you to turn down a lap dance for."
Luke looked over at Lorelai. "You ever give a guy a lap dance?"
"Yes. I've never gotten turned down."
"I can't think of a single guy who would turn you down."
"So that drink is getting to your head now?"
"Yes, I was supposed to go to Litchfield but I had T.J. drop me off here."
"I feel special. Do you want to go to sleep now?"
"No, what are you doing? I didn't wake you?"
"No, just watching old movies upstairs. Why don't we watch a little tv."
"Alright"
Lorelai got up to get some movies. She was still confused to why Luke decided to come to her house instead of going back to the diner or to Nicole's place. She didn't mind, she actually liked having him around here.
They watched a movie half way through before falling asleep on the couch together.
--------
The diner was buzzing the next morning. Liz was at the counter helping out while T.J. was sitting on one of the stools on the other side. The door jingles and Liz looks up to see who it is.
"Hey, Nicole. Good morning? How are you today? It's so nice outside, I love this weather we're having."
Nicole didn't feel like chit chatting with Luke's ditzy sister and curtly replied, "I'm fine. Is Luke around?"
Liz looked at T.J. and back to Nicole. "No, um I think he's out right now."
T.J. pipes in, "We had a late night at my bachelor party. Don't worry, Luke didn't do anything bad. Um, we sort of took over his apartment so I dropped him off at his friend's house."
Looking confused, Nicole starts tapping her foot. "Friend's house?"
"Yeah, um, Lorelai.. that's her name. I dropped him off there. He should be back...
T.J. never got to finish his sentence. Nicole was already flying through the door and out onto the street.
'Wait, I don't know where Lorelai lives.' She sees Ms. Patty and asks her where Lorelai lives. She gets teh directions and makes her way over there. The house seems very quiet but Nicole wasn't concerned about not waking anyone up. She reaches up and rings the doorbell.
--------------------
Daylight shown through the windows. Neither made a stir until they heard the doorbell ring. Lorelai jumped up. She realized it was morning and they both must have fallen asleep on the couch. Lorelai didn't bother to wake Luke and walked over to answer the door. Without bothering to ask who it was, she opened the door and gasped.
"Nicole!"

“Lorelai.” Nicole looked her up and down. Lorelai had opened the door, forgetting she was dressed in a little silky tee shirt and matching lounge pants. “ Let’s cut to the chase. Is Luke here?”
“Well, ummm”
Luke walked up behind Lorelai.
“Hey, Nicole.”
“Luke. Just where I was told you would be. My car is outside……if you want a ride home.” And with that she turned on her heel and walked toward her car. Saying not another word to Lorelai and leaving Luke with an unpleasant feeling.
Lorelai closed the door and looked at Luke.
“Sorry, Luke. I didn’t know what to say.”
”Not your fault. I barged in here last night, uninvited. We feel asleep.... It was innocent. It was late... you were tired.... I’d had a lot to drink. I'll get out of your hair now. Thanks for letting me crash here last night. TJ and Liz were at my apartment and I just didn’t want to go there.” He was rambling and not making sense even to himself.
“Hey, any time, my friend. My house is your house. At least it should be, all the work you’ve done here. I should have a “Luke Memorial’ room.” Lorelai laughed awkwardly. “But next time, check with your wife first.”
Luke winced, “Yeah, well. Stop by later for lunch. It’s on me. Thanks again.” Luke walked to Nicole’s car and gave Lorelai one last wave.
Lorelai smiled and closed the door. She could only imagine the conversation about to happen in that car. Oh, well, maybe not being married wasn’t so bad after all. At least she was free to have friends, and go where she wanted to go.....no questions asked.
Luke got in the car and tried to close the door quietly. His head was spinning a bit and he needed something hot to drink and probably an aspirin or the whole bottle. He glanced at Nicole but she had a death grip on the steering wheel and was looking straight ahead. He was happy just to sit there in silence and try to put the events of last night into perspective.

Lorelai walked back to her couch and sat down. Her head will still spinning. She felt bad for Luke. She knew nothing had happened but she still felt guilty and she couldn't figure out why.
"I'll come by for lunch. Everything will be fine then." she said out loud to no one in particular.
-------------------
Nicole parked her car on the street in front of the diner. She looked over at Luke who had his eyes closed. She watched as he silently got out of the car and slowly walked into his diner. Nicole got out of her car and quickly followed.
"Wait up Luke!"
The diner was calming down, all the breakfast crowd has gone off to work. All that was left in the diner were Kirk, Ms. Patty, a couple of girls sitting at the counter and a handful of other townies.
Liz saw her brother and Nicole come in. She noticed Luke looked a bit worn out.
"Hey Luke! Nicole! You need some aspirin for that hangover Luke?"
"Wow, Butch. You look bad."
Luke suddenly perked up and looked at the girl who spoke to him and her friends sitting next to her. He groaned inwardly. This was not his morning.
"Yeah, Liz. An aspirin would be great. Hey, Carrie, Jill, Anna. Uh, I have to go change."
Luke looked over at Nicole. "I'll be right back."
Luke quickly left to go upstairs.

Luke made his way upstairs quickly, trying to avoid Nicole long enough for him to think of a good excuse. But Nicole wasn't giving him the benefit of the doubt, and raced upstairs after him.
Charging inside, she slammed the door and stood firmly with her hands on her hips. He knew this wasn't going to be pretty.
"What the hell is going on?"
Luke avoided her stare, "Nothing."
"Nothing?"
"Thats right - nothing."
Nicole rolled her eyes and followed him toward the bathroom where he was getting ready for a shower.
"You went to Lorelai's drunk last night, and you expect me to believe nothing happened?"
"Hey! I went to Lorelai's tipsy last night. Not drunk. And yes, I do expect you to believe me when I say that nothing happened. Because its true. We watched a movie, we went to sleep. End of story. Now I've gotta take a shower because I have a diner to run!" Luke slammed the bathroom door and turned on the shower, drowning out Nicoles demands to open the door. Apparently she wasn't finished talking. 'Well I'm sure as hell done listening,' he thought, and stepped into the shower.

Nicole sat down on his couch. She was fuming. 'How could he do this? He was supposed to come home last night but instead he goes to Lorelai's house? What the hell is he thinking?'
Luke lifted his head and let the water fall onto his face. It felt good to have a good shower. His head wasn't pounding as much and his thinking was starting to become clearer. He couldn't understand why Nicole was so mad. He didn't want T.J. to have to drive all the way to Litchfield so he had him drop him off at Lorelai's house. That's it. Lorelai was his best friend. He didn't understand why Nicole had such a problem with Lorelai. Lorelai has never done anything to her to make her feel intimidated.
So he was a little tipsy last night when he got to Lorelai's house. That didn't mean he was going to seduce Lorelai or anything. She did look good, though. Luke smiled, remembering last night seeing Lorelai in that skimpy t-shirt that barely covered her stomach and her low-rise lounge pants. He was having a hard time taking his eyes off of her, he'll admit that.
After what seemed like twenty minutes, Luke decided to finally get out of the shower. He put a towel around his waist and walked out of the bathroom. He saw Nicole sitting on his couch. He groaned silently. He didn't surprise him that she was still here, but he didn't want to deal with her either. Not right now.

Nicoles stare made Luke feel ten inches tall. She looked more hurt now than angry, and that was something he hated. He didn't want to hurt her, he just wanted to make her understand that nothing happened.
"Hey," he sighed, sitting beside her.
"Just tell me one thing."
Luke let his head fall back onto the couch and looked up at the ceiling, "Sure."
"Why didn't you come here?"
He lifted his head up quicky. "What?"
She turned and faced him, "Here. Your diner. Your apartment. Its right down the street from Lorelai's, so why didn't you just come here instead of there?"
"Um..." Luke felt flustered. She was right, why didn't he just go back to his own apartment? "I just...wanted company I guess. I wasn't tired or anything..."
Luke stopped when he saw Nicole's face blister red with anger.
"Then why didn't you just come home?! I'm your wife for God's sake, i'm the one who's supposed to keep you company! Not her. Me, Luke - your wife."
Luke stood, "I already told you I didn't want T.J. to have to drive all the way to Litchfield!"
"I would have came and gotten you."
"I didn't want to ask you for that. It wasn't necessary."
"Luke, what wasn't necessary was for you to spend the night at some other girls house when your wifes at home. Thats whats unnecessary."
"Oh Jesus Nicole - nothing happened! How many times do I have to say that?"
Nicole shook her head, "This argument is going in circles."
"I recognize that tree..." Luke mumbled under his breath.
"What?"
"Nothing."
"Oh, thats mature."
Luke threw his hands in the air and walked towards the door, he didn't feel like arguing anymore.
"Where are you going?!"
"I'm leaving."
"We're in the middle of an argument, Luke. You can't just walk out."
"Watch me." And with that, Luke left Nicole sitting on the couch alone.

Luke strode to the closet and grabbed his jeans and a shirt. He pulled them on, stormed out the door and stomped down the stairs.
Nicole was stunned. He hadn't even stopped for underwear. She didn't think she had ever seen him that angry. She sat for a few minutes and then she pulled on her jacket and followed. Downstairs, she saw he was talking to a customer so she just walked out the door. He glanced up as she left and took a deep breathe. He was glad this round was over. He didn't have the strength or the energy for any more right now.
Nicole got in her car and leaned her head against the steering wheel. She was beginning to wonder if this marriage was ever going to feel 'real'. She had done everything in her power to keep them together, but Luke was not cooperating. She sat there a while until she saw Lorelai apporach the diner. Nicole sped off, not wanting to think of the two of them together. Just friends.....yeah , right. The only people they were fooling were themselves. She found it hard to believe that they didn't know how they really felt about each other. It was becoming more apparent to her every day. She had felt it in the beginning of their relationship, this pull Luke had to her. But she thought when they got married that Luke was finally over it. Now, she knew better..... But what was she supposed to do now? They were married for heavens sake. 'Til death do them part had nothing to do with Lorelai. She slowly drove back to Litchfield and her home with Luke. Or her home without Luke......he could never seem to find time to be there with her. Last night when he hadn't come home, she had been worried. Today she was just angry and sad. He hadn't even called.......no wonder, she had seen Lorelai in that silky outfit. Luke had spent the night with her in that outfit and she was supposed to think nothing had happened. He had eyes, and she knew he was a healthy man...well, until recently. Maybe now she knew the real reason....

Lorelai turned her head to the sound of screeching tires, barely catching the back of the drivers head and realizing it was Nicole. Stopping to watch her speed away, she turned her head toward the diner and saw Luke sighing heavily at the sight. He didn't seem to happy.
Wondering what was wrong, she quickly walked into the diner but casually searched for a place to sit. Figuring the counter would be a good place to catch him, she placed her bag on the seat next to her then sat down.
Luke sped past her and into the back room before Lorelai had a chance to even lift a finger. Confused, she got up and followed him.
"Luke?" She asked, searching the back room.
"I'm busy!"
"Where are you?"
Luke sighed, "Get out, Lorelai."
"Marco!"
"Stop."
"Stop? Ooh, thats a new one. But lets play it my way and say 'Polo' next time. Ready?"
Luke walked around to the next aile to find Lorelai beaming with excitment. Toying with him always seemed to give her that vicious but innocent grin.
Hearing his footsteps, Lorelai turned around. "Oh shoot. Guess that games over."
Luke smiled, "Yup. You win." He pointed his finger toward the door, "Now out."
Gently turning her around by her shoulders, he let her out of the backroom.
"Oh come on, whats wrong with me being in there?" Lorelai whined.
Finally out, Luke let go of her shoulders and shut the door behind him. Lorelai followed closely behind, not letting him get away again.
"So, Luke. How are things?"
"At this moment? A little weird. Stop following me."
Lorelai giggled and continued, "That good? Great. So whats the deal with what happened this morning, is everything ok between you and Nicole?"
Luke frowned and turned around quickly, "Lorelai, I told you I was busy. I have alot of customers, and not enough time. So can we please just wait to have this conversation until later?"
Lorelai stopped following Luke as he turned to continue taking his orders. Feeling slightly hurt, she backed up and grabbed her purse from the counter top. 'Fine,' she thought, 'if Luke won't tell me then I'll find someone who will.'

Luke watched Lorelai leave the diner and felt guilty. He knew he shouldn't have yelled at her. It wasn't her fault that Nicole was mad at him. He was the one who decided to crash at Lorelai's place instead of going home.
Letting out a big sigh, he put his order pad down on the counter.
"Hey Liz, I'm going out for a bit."
"Sure Luke. Is anything wrong? Nicole was pretty mad when she left. Are you going to see her?"
"I didn't even know you were married Butch." Carrie was batting her eyes at him. Luke thought it looked more like she had Tourette Syndrome.
Ignoring Carrie, Luke turned to Liz. "No, um. I just need to take a walk. I'll be back later. Just try not to burn the place down while I'm gone."
Liz didn't believe a word Luke said but decided to let it pass. "Alright Luke. Don't you worry, we have everything under control."
Luke didn't feel very confident about his decision to leave the diner in his sister's care, but he had to get out. After about five minutes he came upon the DragonFly Inn. It was coming along real nicely. He needed to talk to Lorelai. He didn't want to have her think that he was mad at her and blamed her for last night.
Walking in the Inn, he spotted Lorelai by the stairs talking to Sookie and Michel.
"Hey, Lorelai."
Lorelai turned to see Luke. She looked a bit confused for a second, then regained her composure.
"Oh, hey. I'll be with you in a second."
Leaving Sookie and Michel, she walked over to Luke and motioned him to follow her outside. They walked over to a few trees out in the front of the Inn. Lorelai stood in front of him and held her head high.
"So, what brings you over here? I thought you were busy at the diner?"
"I, um.. I just wanted to say.."
The sound of a car pulling up to the Inn stopped him. They both turned around to see an expensive black car park about ten feet away from them. A suited man got out of the car.
"Jason. What are you doing here?"
Jason looked from Lorelai to Luke and back.
"I need to talk to you."
"There's nothing to talk about. We've already talked about everything we could. Now if you both excuse me, I have a lot of work to do."
Jason reached out to Lorelai. "Please, just let's go somewhere where we can work this out."
Lorelai pulled away as if she'd been stung by a bee. "I have to go."
With that, Lorelai turned and made her way back inside the Inn. Leaving both guys staring after her.

The two men looked at each other awkwardly. Jason held his hand out to Luke, “Jason Stiles.”
Luke took his hand, “Luke Danes.”
“Ah, Lorelai’s favorite coffee man., we finally meet.” Jason hoped Luke didn’t recognize him.
“That would be me, well not right now, but normally.” Luke looked at the door she had just slammed behind her.
“Sorry, I don’t think she’s mentioned you.” Luke was curious. Obviously something was going on here.
“Ouch, that hurt. We’ve been dating for months…..more than dating, actually. She’s never said a word, huh?”
“Oh, sorry, we’re just friends. She doesn’t tell me everything.” At least lately.
“We’ll we had a little ‘thing’ and she’s angry or hurt or something. I’m not good with this ‘man/woman’ thing. Mostly I’ve tried to avoid that trap. But then she waltzed into my life. That changed everything. Some lucky man is finally going to win that amazing woman……and I’m planning on it being me.”
Luke felt uncomfortable, knowing nothing about this man, but knowing a lot about Lorelai. He didn’t like him already…..too confidant, treating Lorelai like a prize that goes to the highest bidder.
Jason shook his head. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable. You don’t know anything about me. She’s your friend. Any advice?”
“Well, I’m the last person you should ask for advice. She’s definitely her own woman, admirably so. She’s strong willed, and usually knows what she wants. If you’re the one, she’ll make it happen.”
Jason didn’t like the sound of that. He knew from their last exchange that he wasn’t what she wanted.
“Well, nice to meet you, Luke. I’ve got a plane to catch. I’m in business with Lorelai’s dad. As you can imagine, I’m in a weird place right now.”
Luke watched him get into his car and drive away. So she has been dating someone. Her dad’s partner……..interesting.
Luke thought about going into the Inn. He had some interest there after all. But she was upset with him, and now, he knew, she was upset with her recent boyfriend. Maybe it was time to back off a bit and let everyone calm down. There was more here than he had imagined. He wasn't ready to confront anyone about anything except what kind of salad dressing they wanted on their salad.
Lorelai watched Jason leave. Then she saw Luke stand there like he was trying to decide something. But finally, he just turned and walked away. Lorelai slumped in the nearest chair and wondered what words were spoken in that little exchange. It was just after lunch and she already felt like this day would never end.
Lorelai didn't notice that Luke hadn't left the property. He took a little detour to the stable. He'd heard about these wonderful horses.....

Luke walked around the stables and checked out the horses. The two horses were a beauty. Looking back down the driveway where Jason's car was just fifteen minutes ago, his mind flooded with thoughts on Lorelai. 'Why didn't she tell me about Jason? What does she see in that guy?'
Luke walked around to the back of the Inn and watched the construction guys work. He knew he should go back to the diner, but something was keeping him here.

Lorelai sat in the unfinished kitchen and watched Sookie ‘playing’ with her new oven. She was churning out wonderful chocolate items.....the scent was wafting through every room in the inn. The workmen kept stopping by to sample her creations. Lorelai didn’t notice the confusion going on around her. All she could think about was the events of her day so far. Luke and Nicole, Luke and Jason, and what she wanted to talk to Luke about herself. She looked out the door at the beautiful day, sunny and warm, and she knew she needed to get away.
She grabbed some carrots and apples from the frig and headed to the stable. She loved the horses, and she knew being around them would soothe her anxiety.
Luke was sitting on a bale of hay, trying to figure out what to do about Nicole. This whole thing was ridiculous. Why hadn’t he told her to continue with the divorce that night at the diner? She had come in looking vulnerable and he was lonely and truly missed her. But he figured out later, he had just missed the companionship and the sex, more than he missed the actual person. Lately, he was thinking more and more about Lorelai. He had always had a thing for her….totally unrequited……but lately, he noticed a difference. He was beginning to think that she had a little thing for him too. He hoped he wasn’t the ‘flavor’ of the month for her… And Jason....was that over....or was she just getting her usual cold feet when it came to the man in her life?
The horses started to rustle and Luke heard footsteps. He knew no one would see him sitting there. He stood up so he wouldn’t scare whoever was approaching. Too late he noticed it was Lorelai. He had come to see her, but now he didn't know how to approach her. In fact, he was starting to think the real person he should be talking to was Nicole. He owed her something.....some truth.... Anything would be better than these constant fights and the lousy way he was starting to feel every day.

Lorelai heard someone in the stable.
"Hello?"
"Um, hey."
"Luke? What? Um, hi."
"I just needed to, um, be alone for a while. So I hid out here."
"Ok, that's alright. Do you want me to leave you alone?"
"Uh, no. I mean, I came here to talk to you too."
"Oh, ok. Are you mad at me Luke? I mean, I'm not sure what I did, but if I did something, I'm sorry."
Luke was starting to feel worse. Not only was he feeling lousy, he was making everyone else feel lousy too.
"No, I'm not mad at you. Sorry I snapped at you this morning. I guess I'm more mad at myself and took it out on you. I just.. I just.. I don't know.. I just don't know anymore.."

Luke looked around, avoiding Lorelai's eyes.
"Um, so that guy.. boyfriend?"
"Was. It's a long story."

Luke really wanted to know. “I’ve got the whole afternoon to listen. Hiding out, remember?”
Lorelai looked at Luke. It was not like him to want to know about her dating life.
“Well, I’ve known him forever. Never liked him much, neither did Rory’s dad. He and my dad are business partners, that’s what brought him back into my life. We had a run in and he asked me out. Then my mother and I had a run in, so I said yes to Jason.”
“That makes perfect sense.”
“Well, it did at the time. Every one else has someone……Sookie and Jackson, you and Nicole……..there’s got to be some one out there for me. You have to take chances if you ever want to get any where. You know that, Luke.”
Luke thought to himself, “Do I know that?” But he said out loud, “Yeah, I guess. But some times taking chances just ends up biting you in the butt.”
Lorelai looked surprised, where was that coming from and what exactly did it mean?
“Well, we dated a while and now it’s over.”
“Maybe for you, Lorelai, but I don’t think it’s over for him.”
“Why? What did he say?”
“Nothing really, just that he wants to work it out. You’re the best thing that ever happened to him.”
“Ah, what a load of crap!”
Luke looked at her and laughed. She always had a way of making him feel better about every thing. He secretly wished Nicole was just a little more like Lorelai. Nicole was intense and into material things. She was on a path and he was just going along on 'her' ride. And, talking to Lorelai, made him realize it was time for him to quit tagging along and get back on his own path.
“Nice mouth.”
“Sorry, it’s been one of those days.”
Luke laughed again. “Tell me about it.”
“Oops, sorry. I forgot, for a minute, how this day started. So, you and Nicole, are you OK?”
“I’m not sure. Guess I should go find out, huh?”
“You should Luke. She’s your wife, remember, “til death do us part’?"
Luke almost choked. He hadn’t thought about that part. He’d been trying so hard to just get through each week....how could he get through a life time?
“Hope your day gets better, Lorelai. Maybe you should give Jason a call.” He smiled, teasing her.
“When hell freezes over! Go see your wife and make nice.”
“Yeah, well……..see you later.”
Luke walked slowly away from her.
Lorelai watched him leave. She knew he’d be fine. He was a bachelor, he just needed to figure out how to live with Nicole. She got a chill....she’d felt so warm and comfortable talking with him. Does Nicole know how lucky she is?
Luke walked back to the diner and got in his truck parked nearby. He had a lot of thinking to do on his drive to Litchfield.....he had to find a way to get out of this mess.
Old 03-17-2004, 01:09 AM
Ultimate Fan

I'm starting to add to the fic now.

I was reading around the board today and I was thinking.. I feel kind of sorry for the Balcony buds.. I used to be a Java Bud, but now it really doesn't seem like Chris is ever coming back so I kind of feel sorry for the Balcony buds now. I don't want Lorelai with Chris. But I do love their scenes together.

ok.. the fic..

--------------

Next~

Nicole was sitting in the living room watching tv when Luke walked into their townhouse. She didn't really expect him to come out here.

"Hey."

Luke walked towards her and sat down on the couch.

"Hey. I just wanted to come out here and talk. I still don't quite understand why you are mad, but if you let me explain what happened.."

"Alright."

"It was late last night when T.J. drove back to Stars Hollow. With him staying with Liz at my apartment, I didn't want him to have to drive to Litchfield and back and I didn't want to stay in my crowded apartment with him and Liz. So I just had him drop me off at Lorelai's. Lorelai and I watched a movie and I fell asleep on the couch. That was it. Nothing happened. I was a little tipsy when I went over there, but I wasn't drunk."

"I get that. I just don't get why you always go to her instead of me? Why you just didn't call me to come pick you up?"

"It was much to late to call. And I don't always go to Lorelai. She's my friend. That's it. Just friends."

Luke wanted to tell her more. He wished he could tell Nicole that he loved her. That she was all that mattered. That he wanted to stay and work things out and make things better between the two of them. Except he didn't. He couldn't. He didn't love Nicole. She wasn't all that mattered and he didn't want to stay with her and make things right. Nicole was a distraction. Something to keep his mind off of other stuff.. off the diner, off of Jess, off of the crazy people of Stars Hollow and off of Lorelai. Although now, the more he spent with Lorelai, the more he wanted to be with her and just her. Now the tables have turned. Lorelai is the person distracting him from everything, keeping his mind off Nicole and this sham of a marriage. He wanted out, but just didn't know how to get out.

Now, here he is, sitting in front of Nicole. Watching her give him silent looks, but not caring what the looks are saying.

-----------------------------

Yeah, I'm still a bit stumped. I started this fic and have no idea how I wanted it to go!

gluglug, I love your fic! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I reviewed too! Feel special 'cause I hardly ever review fics!

[ 03-17-2004: Message edited ~Kitty ]

junkie | LG fanlisting | My babies | Life's a Bitch

The Seeress of the High Desert
~Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 04:06 AM
Extreme Fan

A new thread already. I'm amazed.

Welcome Nicole, I think your name is fine...especially after you let everyone know that you were a L/L Supporter. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Steffie Great job on starting the new thread. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Well I am off to work on my newborn nephew's website. I will check back in later.

[ 03-17-2004: Message edited dkimes ]

"I'm Raggedy Ann in a Barbie Doll world!"

*Thanks Tina for the Icon*
(Click on Barbie Doll to see her awesome work)
~*~Di Di~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 07:03 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by * Genevieve *:
<STRONG>

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I love that phone scene too. I crack up whenever I see it. I think Kay made an avi of it. Gonna go look for it. </STRONG>
Hmph. It wasn't Kay. It was me.

These are old... http://lorelailuke.topcities.com/avatars/smile.gif http://lorelailuke.topcities.com/avatars/shedoes.gif http://lorelailuke.topcities.com/avatars/mwah.gif http://lorelailuke.topcities.com/avatars/ohbaby.gif http://lorelailuke.topcities.com/avatars/dontwait.gif http://lorelailuke.topcities.com/avatars/jj1.gif

Okay [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I better quit playing now and get ready for work. I was dreaming that they called and said I had the day off so I was going shopping.... and then the freakin' alarm went off. I wasn't happy. Still not.

[ 03-17-2004: Message edited Mandy Renay ]
Mandy Renay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 08:17 AM
Total Fan

Next ~ ~

Nicole looked at the man before her, her husband. She really did love him but not enough to keep hanging on when she knew in her heart if could never go anywhere. She wanted a mate, a home, and children. She could tell by his body language that he just wanted out. Nicole was sure of that and also sure he had no clue how to approach her about it. She saw situations like this every day at work, and now she was in the middle of one herself.

“Luke, I’m sorry. I know I’m the one that came to you and wanted to give this marriage a try. And we did….at least, I did. But you, well, it just wasn’t in your heart. I do understand. I don’t want to but…… You have to realize some things about your life. And none of things involve me or this marriage.”

“God, Nicole, I’m sorry. I thought I could do this. I thought I was trying. But you’re right, my heart has never been in it.”

“Luke, I think you need to look at where your heart really lies. You might be surprised.”

He looked at her. She knew. She knew as well as he did. And she was saying it out loud.

“Nicole, I didn’t know, at least I wasn’t admitting it to myself.”

“I know, Luke. I should have picked up on it sooner. Maybe I did, maybe I just wanted you that much.”

Luke pulled her to him and whispered a quiet ‘sorry’. She answered with a quiet “I know’.

Luke left the townhouse, and silently walked to his truck. He put the key in the ignition but didn’t start the engine. He rested his head on the steering wheel and took several deep breaths. He should have felt awful, and in one way he did. But mostly he just felt relieved. He felt like a failure and a winner at the same time. He’d failed in this marriage, but he also finally had faced his true inner feelings. And now, he had to get back to Stars Hollow and face those feelings. Face the fact that maybe he would be rejected, but at least, he would finally know. Everything would be out in the open.

Luke drove slowly back to Stars Hollow and parked his truck behind the diner. He walked up to his apartment taking the back stairway. He didn’t want to see anyone just yet. He dropped to his bed and fell into a restless sleep.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sorry Mandy, its a cruel world out there.....

Good morning all!!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
~~ CherylS ~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 08:55 AM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Top o' the Mornin' [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Happy St. Patricks Day!! Hope you all are wearing green [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Great additions to the fic Kitty and Cheryl

Oops, sorry Mandy. I knew it was made by someone here and was too lazy to actually go check. Somehow I got it in my head that it was Kay. Sorry [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img]

Hi dk [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Later,
Old 03-17-2004, 09:15 AM
Loyal Fan

Hi! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Actually I'm wearing green trousers, green t-shirt, green pullover... and I didn't even know it was St Patrick's Day! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Mandy, I had never seen those avis! Pretty!
"Jesus, these people are pampered, aren't they? Nobody knows how to cook or make a drink. They're used to being waited on hand and foot by servants or Luke or the Yale cafeteria, and when left on their own they resemble Sims. Whining and moaning, peeing on the couch, whimpering that they're bored and hungry."
~Pamie at TWoP

journal
Nutters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 10:45 AM
Passionate Fan

Hi everyone [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Happy St. Patricks day! Hope everyones day goes well.

I was going to add the the minific but I only have a limited amount of time and the part I was going to add, I wanted to be long.

Mandy - The link I clicked on just brought me right to tripod.com, any explanations?
"...with Mardi Gras I kinda have a problem cause you see, I dont like to be topless no dont give it away for free...I guess thats just me. Oh Ellen I don't wanna show my melons just for a string of beads!" - Lauren Graham singing and playing piano on The Ellen Show
ESipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 10:46 AM
Loyal Fan

Emily, I had the same problem. Try copying and pasting the links to your browser.
"Jesus, these people are pampered, aren't they? Nobody knows how to cook or make a drink. They're used to being waited on hand and foot by servants or Luke or the Yale cafeteria, and when left on their own they resemble Sims. Whining and moaning, peeing on the couch, whimpering that they're bored and hungry."
~Pamie at TWoP

journal
Nutters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 10:50 AM
Master Fan

Hi Nuttie. Hi Em. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

That happened to me when I clicked on links too. I'll try copying and pasting them.

ETA: Cool, it worked. Aw, nice avis Mandy [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-17-2004: Message edited * Genevieve * ]
Reply   Post New Thread