Old 03-09-2004, 12:28 PM
Ultimate Fan

second cap. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

junkie | LG fanlisting | My babies | Life's a Bitch

The Seeress of the High Desert
~Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 12:46 PM
Passionate Fan

Definitely the second cap. Not so much the cap as the story behind it though. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
"...with Mardi Gras I kinda have a problem cause you see, I dont like to be topless no dont give it away for free...I guess thats just me. Oh Ellen I don't wanna show my melons just for a string of beads!" - Lauren Graham singing and playing piano on The Ellen Show
ESipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 01:14 PM
Loyal Fan

*Sigh* Going with the class on this one--2nd cap! Well, 1st one for pure prettiness, but 2nd one for the story. Just looking at it brings back the warm fuzzies. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

Oh Nuttie, word on the pink thing! And can I tell you how much I covet Lorelai's pink coat? We're talking firstborn here. Btw, it makes me happy that I'm making your day just a little bit better! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Emily Gilmore: When a woman gives birth to a crack baby you do not buy her a puppy.

My LJ. 'Cause I'm interesting. Or whatever.
Valerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 01:19 PM
Loyal Fan

And season 4 wins!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

or

"Jesus, these people are pampered, aren't they? Nobody knows how to cook or make a drink. They're used to being waited on hand and foot by servants or Luke or the Yale cafeteria, and when left on their own they resemble Sims. Whining and moaning, peeing on the couch, whimpering that they're bored and hungry."
~Pamie at TWoP

journal
Nutters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 01:20 PM
Supreme Fan

i know i'm late on this, but, i like the something more title better than the guilty pleasure title [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

i like the first cap, cause it was the whole chuppah scene, and that scene of them under the chuppah is so classic.

RORY: What'd I miss?
EMILY: I was just admiring your mother's life.
RORY: Oh, I do that daily.
* Kay * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 01:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm kind of = on both, but I like Lor's hair better in the second one! Both caps have to do with Luke giving her money, though. $30,000 vs. $52.50?
Old 03-09-2004, 01:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Too.Hard.Can't.Choose...

Um, 2nd one. 'Cause LG looks cuter, and we can see at least a little bit of SP's face.

Emily Gilmore: When a woman gives birth to a crack baby you do not buy her a puppy.

My LJ. 'Cause I'm interesting. Or whatever.
Valerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 02:41 PM
Passionate Fan

Second cap because there was more chemistry in that scene than in the other.
"...with Mardi Gras I kinda have a problem cause you see, I dont like to be topless no dont give it away for free...I guess thats just me. Oh Ellen I don't wanna show my melons just for a string of beads!" - Lauren Graham singing and playing piano on The Ellen Show
ESipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 03:01 PM
Total Fan

Next part ~ ~

Lorelai pushed on the gas pedal of her Jeep. She had waited days for this little trip and she was at the point of exploding. She needed to get back to Stars Hollow and to the diner. She had done nothing but think of Luke and the last time she had seen him. She had his check in her purse and she was ready to face him. She didn't know what to say or how to go about it. She just knew they couldn't go on like this. He was a big part of her life, and she was missing that part right now.

Luke had been busy all morning, but now the lunch rush was over and he was impatient and anxious. He had decided to go to Lorelai's and have a little talk with her. It had to be tonight before he lost his nerve. If he had another day to think about it, he knew he'd find another excuse. They would always be friends but he had to know if maybe they could be more. For him, it almost had to be more. He had been going crazy these last few days without her in his life.

Lorelai was almost to Stars Hollow when her phone rang.

"Hello."

"Hey, Luke, I was just heading your way."

"Tonight? Sure. It can wait until then."

"Dinner? But not at the diner?"

"Oh, fancy. You know you'll have to wear a jacket?"

"OK, if you're sure. The diner would be fine to me."

"What's the occasion? I didn't forget your birthday, unless you're having two a year now? But really, who would do that...."

"You're picking me up? Now I'm scared."

"OK, OK, see you at seven." Lorelai switched her phone off and slowed the car down. No sense hurrying now. Now she had to get home and find something to wear. It wasn't a date, but what was it? Luke had never asked her to go out for dinner before. Maybe he needed to talk about Nicole, his marriage, Jess....who knew.

Lorelai parked in her driveway and slowly unlocked her door. She han't seen him in a while....maybe he was mad......maybe he was really going to move to Litchfield this time and wanted to warn her. She dragged herself upstairs and starting pulling dresses out of her closet.

Luke pulled on his jacket and looked at his reflection in the mirror. He hoped Lorelai couldn't see the fear in his eyes. His stomach was doing flips and his palms were sweaty and clammy. He walked slowly to his truck taking deep breaths and trying to think of anything but the evening ahead.

Loreali pulled on her favorite little black dress. She checked her reflection in the mirror and hoped Luke wouldn't detect her apprehension. She looked pretty good.....her hair was curly and her make up was perfect. It should be, she had been getting ready for two hours. A record even for her. She heard the doorbell ring and her heart leaped in her chest. Here we go, whatever he says, keep smiling girl.

Luke waited impatiently on Lorelai's porch. He felt like he should have flowers, or candy or something. When she opened the door, the sight of her took his breath away. He loved her hair curly, and the little black dress left nothing to the imagination....and those lips. God, he just wanted to grab her and kiss those lips. He noticed she was wearing the earrings Liz had made.

"Hey, Luke. Right on time." She smiled warmly and thought he looked better than any guy had a right to.

"Hey, yourself. You look....um...nice, very nice. Ready to go?"

"Ready as I'll ever be. Just let me grab my purse."

They walked out to his truck and Luke offered his hand to help her up. He could have sworn he felt a spark when he touched her. He quietly closed the door when she was safely inside.

Lorelai took Luke's hand to hop into the truck. She had been in it many times, but this time was different. First of all, she had a dress on, and secondly, he had held out his hand to help. She got such a warm feeling from that little gesture. She felt almost like they were on a date. Probably just the opposite, though.

Luke started the truck and they headed to Hartford. Lorelai hadn't been to the restaurant Luke had suggested, but she knew it was on the water and was known for its little house band and the warm atmoshpere. She was dying of curiosity...what was on this man's mind tonight?

Heading down the road, they each took a deep breath.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Here's the set up.....ready for some action now!!!!

[ 03-09-2004: Message edited ~~ CherylS ~~ ]
~~ CherylS ~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nutters & Kitty, Thanks! Your comments made my day! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Stephanie, Love the site! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Genevieve, Thanks! I love your avie, too! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 03:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

Great addition, Cheryl! A date/non-date, I love it! Are you gonna write the next one or do you want me to take a stab? Or does anyone else want to do it?
Old 03-09-2004, 03:17 PM
Total Fan

Go for it!!! I set it up...now let's get on with it!!!!

Lots of love and romance for our couple....finally!!!!

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
~~ CherylS ~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 03:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Okay, I'll try to write something tonight while I don't watch the classic double header (snort) of "Keg!Max and Say Goodnight, Gracie."
Old 03-09-2004, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Cheryl, I love it! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Can't wait, gluglug! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-09-2004: Message edited - Tina - ]
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 03:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Wow, Cheryl, I loved that part! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] This sentence was so cute: "You're picking me up? Now I'm scared." It was Lorelai-like [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

So season 4 was beaten...

or

Cheryl, I have to apologize to you, I was just going over the caps and realized that you had chosen the hug over them standing under the chuppah... then Kitty prefered the second one and I went with that because I hadn't read your post. Sorry!

[ 03-09-2004: Message edited Nutters ]
"Jesus, these people are pampered, aren't they? Nobody knows how to cook or make a drink. They're used to being waited on hand and foot by servants or Luke or the Yale cafeteria, and when left on their own they resemble Sims. Whining and moaning, peeing on the couch, whimpering that they're bored and hungry."
~Pamie at TWoP

journal
Nutters is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread