Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2004, 06:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Well, good luck with it tomorrow and Monday! I don't get it, for the PSATs you also do only Maths and Reading or is there also Science? Over here, you take Mother Language, Foreign Language and then you choose between Science and... Liberal Arts, I guess it's called (stuff like Literature, History, Art History, Latin...).

Quote:
FCAT helps determine what grade your school gets and in turn how much $$ the school gets.
'Cause that gives great opportunities to schools which are screwed up anyway. Great.

Hi Carly! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Hee, you can come to Europe some day! Some exchange programme... (if you go to college, I don't even know). But anyway, there's always some way. Wow, redundant.

So, I'm going to bed now. [img]smilies/sleep.gif[/img] See you all tomorrow, I wish us all a great ep [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] (I know, I'm hyper today, it's the break)

[ 03-02-2004: Message edited Nutters ]
"Jesus, these people are pampered, aren't they? Nobody knows how to cook or make a drink. They're used to being waited on hand and foot by servants or Luke or the Yale cafeteria, and when left on their own they resemble Sims. Whining and moaning, peeing on the couch, whimpering that they're bored and hungry."
~Pamie at TWoP

journal
Nutters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 07:01 PM
Passionate Fan

Valerina - Hehehe... I propose a toast - To you drinking wine! :gulpgulpgulp:

Alissa - FCAT sucks. I took it last year, thankfully I passed so I get to sleep in tomorrow - the same way I did today [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

-1 Minutes (It started [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img])

ETA: Yes! Luke/Nicole fight and Luke walked away.. I hope that isnt the only one [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Oh, and a mini-jealous Lorelai look!

[ 03-02-2004: Message edited ESipher ]
"...with Mardi Gras I kinda have a problem cause you see, I dont like to be topless no dont give it away for free...I guess thats just me. Oh Ellen I don't wanna show my melons just for a string of beads!" - Lauren Graham singing and playing piano on The Ellen Show
ESipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 07:20 PM
Master Fan

Nuttie (Don't worry I'll keep calling you 'Nuttie' you nut [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] ) - Whatever you said just went over my head. Transmiss...whata? I like Biology fine (heck I'm tutoring it!). I'm just not a huge science person and have no plans to go any further. You better be in bed when I post this. You've got studying to do tomorrow. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Hey Val (you get a short name too [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ). Italy was cool but I was only 13 when we moved over there so I don't think I fully appreciated everything. I'd love to go back someday.

Good luck on the rest of your tests Alissa [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] . Talk to you tomorrow.

I took some notes last week, Carly [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] . It's the best way to remember the important stuff you want to say after the show is over. I'll be a nerd again tonight.

Hi Jenna

Hi Em (another shortened name [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ) Ooh, just saw your edit. Now I'll be dying during my class wanting to come home and watch the show.

Going now. Talk to you all later [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ,

Gen

[ 03-02-2004: Message edited * Genevieve * ]
-Genevieve- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 07:35 PM
Passionate Fan

Hehehe, I'm loving this episode. Drunk!Emily just made my week.
"...with Mardi Gras I kinda have a problem cause you see, I dont like to be topless no dont give it away for free...I guess thats just me. Oh Ellen I don't wanna show my melons just for a string of beads!" - Lauren Graham singing and playing piano on The Ellen Show
Old 03-02-2004, 08:02 PM
Ultimate Fan

no Luke and Lorelai! But seeing Luke and Nicole fight was fun and DrunkEmily! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I'll be back later!

junkie | LG fanlisting | My babies | Life's a Bitch

The Seeress of the High Desert
~Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 08:03 PM
Passionate Fan

Not much L/L wise, but a N/L fight was awesome [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Drunk!Emily... oh my God... [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]

[ 03-02-2004: Message edited ESipher ]
Old 03-02-2004, 08:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

lol, yeah drunk!emily was a little strange. what a scathing letter. I half expected Emily to ask Richard about it at the end, but I'm glad she didn't and that it ended nicely and cutely.

Nicole and Luke fight. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Is it so bad to get joy from the misfortune of others? meh. I love that Nicole isn't completely in the dark about things and thinks that 'our' place is a joke, because it is. Ah, things are quickly going downhill and Lorelai will see it and offer her shoulder.
MMS Supporter #4! ILY Supporter #52! WYMM Supporter #33! LL Supporter #5! Official keeper of Luke's Wallet!
"A Nymphomaniacs Anonymous meeting would almost certainly end with a mass relapse every week." -Josh
Parvulissula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 08:23 PM
New Fan

Ok, here are my thoughts about tonight:

Up until tonight I had been open minded about Jason's character. Of course I wish he wasn't in the picture at all but I was hoping that he would be a character that I could relate to, identify with, and sympathize for. Basically I didn't want an empty plot device character (Nicole, Alex to name a few). Any chance of me liking Jason is gone. Although I understand not liking funerals (who does? does he think he's the only one who doesn't?), Richard is his business partner. Jason is also supposed to be a family friend. Oh yeah, and he is dating Lorelai. He absolutely needed to be there for her. He could have supported Lorelai by going under the guise of supporting Richard. To make matters worse, he didn't even show up at the gathering after the funeral. Clearly he is more concerned about himself. He's not even trying to feign sympathy by showing up afterwards. At the Gilmore house. No funeral involved! Jason failed tonight as a friend, business partner, and boyfriend. In Forgiveness and Stuff, Luke stayed with Lorelai at the hospital even though he didn't like hospitals. Luke sucked it up because he's a good friend to Lorelai. He made it a point to be with her at the hospital AND he put Lorelai and her family emergency first, even above his beloved diner. He literally dropped everything for her. He has made sure time and time again that he is at least Lorelai's friend if he can't be more than her friend. In other words, he is always her friend first, before he is anything else to her. I think even in the future, when they get together, he will still be her friend first. Like if they have a fight and she needs him, he'd go to her anyway because he is her friend before he is her boyfriend/husband. Jason is neither Lorelai's friend nor is he the one she's meant for. Jason is only the person who sleeps with her. He demonstrated tonight that he cares a little about Lorelai, but mostly about himself.

Sorry guys, rant over. That funeral thing struck a chord with me though because my friend's Mom died last week and the thought of "friends" being selfish when one of their friends is in a time of need gets my blood boiling.

Good night everyone! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Oh yeah and Esipher, don't drink all of that liquor you brought. You'll have a horrible time recovering tomorrow. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 03-02-2004: Message edited NaturallyNawlins ]

MMS SUPPORTER #2

You’re happy.
Yeah.
Did you do something ****ty?
I’m not that happy.
NaturallyNawlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 08:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

I had a feeling we weren't gonna get any L/L tonight! All we got was the concerned look on Lorelai's face. I think it would've been cool if we got a reaction shot of him seeing her watching him, though. I guess we got really spoiled with the past few weeks!

They cut two scenes from this ep already - one with Lorelai looking at the headstone and there was a bit with Jason and Lorelai at the wake. They had a lot to fit in here.

Seeing Marion Ross as Marilyn was very jarring, huh?

Loved Emily in this episode - someone hand Kelly her Emmy already!

As for the L/N fight - when Nicole turned sideways she almost disappeared! Her hair looked nice though and I liked when she said "Our place" ruefully.

I wish we would've gotten more dialogue. Like her confronting him about the money. Or something. And Poor Luke, the whole diner is watching him. Kind of reminded me of the scene from "Sadie, Sadie" but in reverse.

Oh well, at least we got some good Gilmore family dynamics here and nice to see Richard and Emily on the same page for once. I think Lor's gotten more of an appreciation of them, nice scene of her watching them kiss.

Oh well, can't wait til April 13th. (Some insist it's 4/20 but I say the 13th!)

[ 03-02-2004: Message edited gluglug ]
Old 03-02-2004, 09:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

Huh, where are all of y'all? I guess you're on the west coast and haven't seen it yet. Or did the dearth of L/L tonight make you not want to post? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Going to bed soon but I'm thinking of writing another mini-fic since we didn't get any L/L tonight. Perhaps one where Lor returns from the wake and needs some coffee and some support. And she prods him about the Nicole fight. Feel free if you want to run with this idea.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:48 PM
Ultimate Fan

Please write an L/L fic! I'm so sick of all the Lit and Trorys over at ff.net. I want some Java Junkieness!

I'll give more on the ep later. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

junkie | LG fanlisting | My babies | Life's a Bitch

The Seeress of the High Desert
~Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 10:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

[img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] I missed the party. My computer messes up just as the ep started and I couldn’t get on Fan Forum for 2 hours. Why dose fan forum hate me? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Oh well… I liked the ep alright but the no Luke/Lorelai was disappointing. Is it just me or dose Nicole look different in every ep. She changes hair like most people change underwear. I liked the way she acted in this ep better than the others. She wasn’t as clueless. I was very prude of Luke. He walked out in the middle of September. Why was she saying September? Any ideas?
I hope in the coming eps we see more LL scenes. And more mother/daughter ones too. It’s almost like they are doing separate storylines for each character with only minimal interaction because it’s necessary.

Ok! That’s it for me. I’m off to bed! Good night all!

[ 03-02-2004: Message edited *Stephanie* ]

I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin deep. Thats deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?
*Steffie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 10:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

My computer is a freak. Please ignore this post!

I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin deep. Thats deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?
Old 03-02-2004, 10:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

This one too! Sorry!

Old 03-02-2004, 10:20 PM
Total Fan

Did you catch some of Luke's words.....have to make money to afford your fancy (sounded like) dinners....wish we could have over heard more. Luke is seeing that she is from a different place.

I like that he can't fight with Nicole because he has to work to afford her habits......but he handed Lorelai a nice check without one word.

I love that he and Nicole are falling apart and he and Lorelai are getting so close.

I think he's also seeing a big difference between these two women.....Nicole the screaming shrew and Lorelai the soft independent woman who cried on his shoulder because she just couldn't do it all alone this time.

[ 03-02-2004: Message edited ~~ CherylS ~~ ]
~~ CherylS ~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread