Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2009, 07:30 PM
New Fan

When you find time, you will appericate the episodes that these writers have given us and will continue to give us for the next season. I don't know how they do it, but they managed to keep to the nature of the show while at the same time give the fans what we want and deserve after the fallout in mid season 6 and into season 7.
The episodes helped me get over the abrupt cancellation of the show, because in a way the show didn't end for me. Instead of being shown on tv they are shown online and I can picture the scenes unfolding while reading the episodes. Its a great thing and I am so grateful that people are taking the time and effort to give us these episodes week after week.

I like to thinkthe virtual seasons have kept me glued to the show after all this time. Normally I move on from a show after a certain point of time, but I can't seem to let go of Gilmore Girls. Rather its watching old episodes especially the Luke and Lorelai centered episodes or by reading some amazing fanfics.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm way behind on reading my fics, and I've only written like 2 paragraphs for the next chapter of my current fic
Old 10-02-2009, 09:55 PM
New Fan

double post opps!
Old 10-02-2009, 09:56 PM
New Fan

I wonder if AudiRox will update her Gilmore Girls:Mini Series" fic. Now, I enjoyed reading her post season 8 as well as the virtual seasons. Since the board is slow with posts, I thought I might post these questions. Is there any fic out there that you just can't get enough of? Is there a fic out there that hasn't been updated in ages, that you would love to see an update on? What was the first Luke/Lorelai or any GG fic that you ever read?

Some other non fic related questions. When was the moment that you fell in love with Luke and Lorelai and began to start rooting for them? Was it a glance, a smile, or a certain converstation that drove you to become a fan of this relationship?
Old 10-02-2009, 10:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Hmm... well I'm in love with all of the fics by oh-no-she-di'ent. I just think they're phenomenal. I also love Like You Mean It by My Only Carriage, and Mags' fics.

I fell in love with L/L when I started re-watching all the seasons. I loved all the build-up moments to their relationship, like the conversation after Luke gives her the chuppah, the moment when they're breaking the bells, and when she breaks down on the bench and he comforts her.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I completely forgot about Audi's fic. Did she ever finish the rest of the last one she started?

I don't remember what the first fic I reead was.

And the moment I started rooting for LL was sometime in season 4 Ibelieve it was. I dunno it just happened one day if that makes sense
Old 10-03-2009, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I can't even remember the first fic I read. I used to read fics, but haven't read any in a long time.

I think I started rooting for LL when I first watched the show during S1. What pulled me back into the show was when I learned that LL finally got together.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I got into GG and supporting L&L quite late,

I remember watching the first few seasons and not being that interested, I was young. Then I caught the pilot on payTV, shortly after I found someone on a forum selling VCDs of the first 4 seasons and got them cheap. This was before the first season came out on DVD. Anyway I watch them over a couple of weeks and was hooked getting S5 any ways I could just in time as it came back on the air in the US.

I feel dumb that I didn't see it sooner but ITA the signs were there from the pilot, which just happened to air again last week.

FYI Lauren is on TV tonight in 2 movies, The Pacifier and Evan Almighty
Old 10-04-2009, 07:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by javajunkie86 (View Post)
Is there a fic out there that hasn't been updated in ages, that you would love to see an update on?
I would love to see Erica Bing's For Better, For Worse finished.

There are also Connecticut Junkie's The Substitute and Not Enough but I don't think these will ever be updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javajunkie86 (View Post)
What was the first Luke/Lorelai or any GG fic that you ever read?
I believe it was Something More by Megan Reilly/eponine119.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's sad that there are so many fics out there - good ones that haven;t been updated in a while and probably never will be.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:33 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplezbear (View Post)
It's sad that there are so many fics out there - good ones that haven;t been updated in a while and probably never will be.
That's why I started to read only completed fics.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah. That's what I eventually started doing and that's why I quit reading them and haven't continued (plus I've been really busy)
Old 10-07-2009, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I like some of the fics out there. I think I don't read a lot of them because I'd rather see it actually play out on screen. I don't want to just read what is happening.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Same here Lindsay. I would rather see it play out onscreen too than read.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplezbear (View Post)
Same here Lindsay. I would rather see it play out onscreen too than read.
Lets work on an animated GG

Anyone remember who made these?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread