Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2004, 04:36 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Hey Rory, send me whichever one you don't choose, ok? Thanks.
Lol, me, too, please!

RORY: What'd I miss?
EMILY: I was just admiring your mother's life.
RORY: Oh, I do that daily.
* Kay * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 04:44 AM
Master Fan

Hey now. We live too far apart for us to share, Kay. How about they both ditch Rory and we'll each take one? Sounds good to me.
-Genevieve- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 04:46 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by jmsteve
Rory herself doesn't know how to have a good time. At both the Yale parties we've seen her at - in her own room - she's so incredibly lame and lacking in basic social skills. Though, to her credit, she gets big snaps for the prank with Richard at the end.

I was disappointed in the Luke and Lorelai fight because - stand clear cuz here comes the thunder - I wanted them to break up. Really and truly break up. As in, she can't eat at Luke's any longer because he's so angry. *sigh* After years of waiting for the two of them to get together, these two are about the most uninteresting couple on the planet. Even less interesting than Rory and Dean, The Sequel!

I agree Rory should have shown her some fun spots at Yale as well as some of the important places. Smelling a book! I could not believe she did that.

Paris as usual was great. Love yer dialogue.
Bronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 04:49 AM
Passionate Fan

I can certainly understand Rory's anger at him for embarrasing her. I would have been just as upset. I hate it when people try and get a laugh at someone's expense and you are expected to be OK with it and if you don't, there is something wrong with you.

I was glad that they get even later with the help of Richard.

Last edited by Bronson; 12-01-2004 at 04:54 AM
Bronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 04:58 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by -Genevieve-
Hey now. We live too far apart for us to share, Kay. How about they both ditch Rory and we'll each take one? Sounds good to me.
Sounds great. Which one do you want?

Or, you know, I'll just take Luke for myself.

RORY: What'd I miss?
EMILY: I was just admiring your mother's life.
RORY: Oh, I do that daily.
* Kay * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 05:01 AM
Addicted Fan

This episode had me grinning more often than not. Any episode where Paris has that much screen time has to be hilarious. The exchange with Marty (I'm right here/I know that) and then about her sex life, to Rory? Not to mention all the subtle and not-so-subtle barbs at Chilton-girl (what the hell was her name? Anna?).

Moving on past Paris, I enjoyed Lorelai's reaction to the topic of Logan. That entire scene had me in stitches. But I'm sure it's also because she doesn't seem repelled and I secretly ship R/L. *****, did I say that out loud? Anyway, talk of her grandchildren's attractiveness? Hilarious!

Logan... I'm starting to adore this kid too much. He's absolutely charming and/or compelling every moment he's on screen. He's so convincingly intense. The prank on him was too good, and the prank they pulled was, if real-life-horrifying for a girl like Rory, still pretty frickin funny and good-natured. I like that they're playing him up as a foil in this way, unlike Jess and Dean, who both catered to needs Rory was aware of. Logan as an outgoing, carefree adventurer is pretty much the opposite of Rory as an introverted, careful planner. Not that we don't love her for it, but this is going to be an interesting ride.

Oh, and to add: why all the hate on Logan for the way he talked to Marty? I've rewatched that episode a couple times and he's actually completely friendly and civil toward him, unlike Colin. Now that kid's an ass. Finn, I'd marry in a heartbeat.

The book smell and Logan's subsequent appearance... So perfect. Rory in her element, lost in her world, and then they spin it to show her how peculiar that world is to others. I love that she smelled the book like that.

And Marty... totally growing on me. Rory is rather oblivious, and I like that he just came out and told her about Logan's interest. Marty is certainly making a grab for his own balls back...

Anyone know how long hiatus will be? That spoiler thread is starting to look tempting... must... resist...

the artist formerly known as [stardevi]
Aludra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 05:07 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by * Kay *
Sounds great. Which one do you want?

Or, you know, I'll just take Luke for myself.
I want.....Logan. No! Marty. Ooh wait. I love me some Luke.

Ooh, I know what we'll do. We'll do like you said: mix up Luke, Logan, and Marty and create the perfect man. Then we'll clone him. And then we're both happy. *Laughs like an evil scientist*

The Hiatus will probably be until the third week of January. Don't quote me on that
-Genevieve- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 05:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by fridayschild
you know that part where richard puts his finger on his nose and rory does the same, yet with a little swoop along with it? everybody's saying 'it's sting' anybody wanna clarify that for me please??
The touching of the nose is in reference to the 1973 movie, The Sting, with Paul Newman and Robert Redford. It was a signal that the sting was"on."

I liked tonight's episode. I too like both Marty and Logan. I can see Rory going out with Logan for a good time, but I didn't like his attitude when she complained about the prank. He said his father would fix any problems with the professor and that smacked of arrogance to me. I want him to be a bit more serious and less of a playboy. And please, no more turtlenecks! He's too short to wear them, it only makes him look shorter.
LynnieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 05:17 AM
Passionate Fan

Why can't Rory have any guy friends whom are not romantic interests, like she said? Marty obviously likes her.

Between Richard in season 3 and Rory's info now, if any of you pre-froshes out there are interested in Yale, you need not take a tour.
BrownEyedGirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 05:25 AM
Loyal Fan

I think it was pretty unfair of Marty to seem all offended when Rory told Anna they were just friends. He's never told her how he feels or what he thinks. She's not a mind reader. As far as she knows, they are just friends. I love Marty, but I wish they weren't making him like her. Can the girl not have just one guy friend whom she can talk to and hang out with and it not be anything romantic? It does happen, writers. Really.
banjojd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 05:40 AM
Extreme Fan

I loved this episode. The pranks, both of them, had me laughing out loud which i haven't done in a while.

I am so glad they didn't give us the L/L fight cliffhanger. I have been waiting since the first episode aired for these two to hook up and i want to be happy with them for a long time. Tonights show just made them grow closer (THANK YOU!!! ).

I love Rory and Logan together. I feel sorry for Marty because he is a sweet guy, but that relationship would be so boring. Logan is perfect for Rory. He is her opposite and you know opposites attract!

Paris and Doyle-Too cute for words.

Can't wait for the next episode, sucks it is going to be a couple of months away .

Luke/Lorelai & Logan/Rory
Lucas/Peyton & Nathan/Haley
Best Couple Ever ~ Pacey & Joey
oth/ggfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 05:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by banjojd
I think it was pretty unfair of Marty to seem all offended when Rory told Anna they were just friends. He's never told her how he feels or what he thinks. She's not a mind reader. As far as she knows, they are just friends. I love Marty, but I wish they weren't making him like her. Can the girl not have just one guy friend whom she can talk to and hang out with and it not be anything romantic? It does happen, writers. Really.
i agree, if rory's is that oblivious to logan's crazy antics to get her attention, then how in the world is she going to notice marty when he hasn't done anything to show any interest in her? step up marty, if you want the girl (but please don't, cuz i want logan to get with rory!)
Wentworth Miller: hottie with a body who's a smarty
fridayschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 05:43 AM
Master Fan

Can I just say how much I love both Marty and Logan. Screw Dean lets have a triangle between these two wonderful boys. And whoever Rory doesn't pick I will be very happy to take. Or I would be happy to take the both of them off her hands.

I missed most of the episode but can I just say I loved Marty standing up for himself to Rory and telling her to stop being so clueless to the world around her. For Rory to wake up and see the obvious, I mean it took Dean telling her about Tristan. If someone always has to tell her that a guy likes her then Rory is too involved in her own little world.
Old 12-01-2004, 06:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

I absolutely adored this episode. It's my favorite episode since WITS!!

My favorite part: The Luke and Lorilai pillow talk. (shrill squeals of joy) They are sooooooo adorable.
I loved:
1) Lor in in Luke's shirt
2) The way Luke got Lor a glass of water too before bed (hmm ... that must be part of their bedtime routine)
3) The way Lor said "I think it's going very well, you and me." with such a serious face
4) The way Luke agreed and then stroked her thigh
... I could go on.
And while I expected the fight to be more serious, I loved the ultra-sweet make-up scene (especially the 'shut up' kiss - ugh!). They really made some head-way in the development of real intimacy in their relationship. This episode made it clear that their relationship is strong enough to withstand some serious storms - hopefully strong to hold up against Hurricane Chris!

But beyond that small corner of the Gilmore Girls world....

I have to say that I was a little irritated that Rory acted to prudish about Anna hanging out with boys, and trying to shield her from the 'wilds' of college life. However, she bounced back with that freakin' awesome prank on Logan - he soooooo deserved that!

Also, my heart goes out to that sweetie, Marty (or "Naked Guy" as my friend and I call him). You can actually see his heart breaking in the scene in the pub where she calls him just a friend. How can Rory be that blind to Marty's feelings for her, especially after he asked her if she had a boyfriend? Come on, girl!! I just hope that he doesn't give up on her. Sure, Logan is a kick in the pants and would be fun for a while, but you know that before too long he would get board and dump her. Marty is a sweet, stand-up guy, and is soooo much better for her in the long run.

Lastly, I have to comment on the Paris/Doyle storyline. This was an unexpected pleasure for me. Their snide comments during the speed-dating scene made me see that they're perfect for each other (similar interests and ambitions and levels of snarkiness). And when Doyle walked out of her bedroom in her bathrobe, I laughed so hard that it hurt! Here's to many moments of intre-office flirting (or uncomfortable squirming) to come!

Is there really going to be a hiatus? (Whiney groan .... sigh) Well, at least we get a repeat next Tuesday. We'll all just have to take it one week at a time.

- H.

Luke: "There's nothing like some good lovin' to shut a person up, if you know what I mean."

- Java-Junkie (ILY #157, WYMM #109, LL #80, Dirty JJ #12), Flannel Whore #22
choirgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 08:34 AM
Total Fan

Some remarks:

- The Luke/Lorelai fight didn’t go down as bad as the previews made it look
- I wish we found out more about the "Dark Day".
- The boat thing, it was resolved too quickly.
- Luke, touching the boat... quite moving. Scott Patterson's acting in this episode was so awesome.
- I loved that Marty showed he had some backbone and didn't get in the cab. It looks like Marty can be really cool.
- Best line: "Stop being so naïve, it’s really annoying".
- Loved Buffy reference.

Overall a really good episode!
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top