Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2004, 01:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

Tonights Eppy

It was Great still is not as good as 5.03 but I still loved it.

LLR: Luke is really starting to seem like a good father figure. The Grapefruit bit was funny..

LL Moments: They where cute together. Luke with his arm arond her when they where walking AWWW.. And then the make up after the little fight.. And him saying there I go agin upseting everyone who mean the world to me or something like that I was awwww... and Lorelai Sayign I just want this to work.

RD Moments: I thought they where cute but. I agree with Luke he is not good enough for her.. Rory wants it to be like before he was married but it can never happen... I thought they where susposed to brake up in this eppy but they didn't. So the video I said I was going to make will just have to waite till they brake up.

RE Moments: Emily was so funny I loved her line about the gay man being attacked by his lion. LOL I knew when she pulled out the vest there was goign to be some good lines lol.. Now the panic room was alittle nutty... And Richard Talking Rory's ear off at lunch. I hope they get back together soon...

Kirk and Lulu: Was just cute..

LL/RD at the Movie: It was funny when Rory and Lorelai started singing as soon as it came on lol.. Luke was cool even though he was alittle aditued.
Back at Lorelai's house: What was with Dean asking for a beer I think he was just doing that to get a rise out of Luke.. The Bopit finght was funny though.

Next weeks Trailer: OMG that was scary I can't waite till that eppy.. The Pause scared me I hope Chris don't ruine LL.. Logan seems intersting can't waite to see how him and Rory get together and to see Lukes reaction to Logan.
mandypandy1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 02:08 AM
Master Fan

I laughed A LOT tonight. Lorelai was really at the top of her game. And I must say..I love how she just randomly wears glasses when she apparently doesn't need them. Although, Lauren Graham looks really beautiful in glasses.

I will get on to the review for this weeks episode though..

We'll start with the opening scene - Aah Jackson looks so good in a suit! And he is so goofy. Making everything into a joke. And the best part was when Lorelai trys to make him sign for the parking spaces without him knowing and he tells her no and walks away. Then Sookie pops in and says "I'll forge that for ya!" I was on the floor laughing. Haha.

Emily and Richard - I was sad to see that they still aren't talking. They are such a perfect match and I wish they could get over their differences. It was really great to see how much they miss each other though, like when Richard was talking to Rory over lunch. It won't be long before they get back together now. Especially with the little conversation they had at the end of the episode. Rory and Lorelai are both concerned about them and want to get them back together. It was sweet that Lorelai went and talked to Richard about it too.

Rory and Dean - They are just soooo freaking awkward around each other in every scene. Move on guys. You both know this isn't going to work. It's over. It's been over. I never really cared about what they were doing this season, but tonight for some reason it bothered me. There is NOTHING there. They are just trying to hard to make something work that they know doesn't.

Lorelai and Rory - I think tonight was the first time they talked like they used too. There was no real awkwardness and lots of quips. How funny were they in the movie? Singing the Pippi Longstocking theme? Oooh..and the best part of that was Rory's reaction to Pippi Longstocking. Her face was priceless.

Luke and Lorelai - Still cute, but now I am a little peeved that they don't have much of a physical thing going on. They hardly touch. It's like they are still friends. Except for the fact they TALK about being in a relationship..i.e. the tipping conversation. It was cute, but seriously kiss or at least touch each other. Even at the end of the episode all they could do was hug? That little tiff didn't deserve a kiss to make things better? I know that Lorelai agrees with Papa Luke (ooh he was being such a father to Rory) and it wasn't really a fight, but they should have kissed, not hugged like two best friends. That bugged me a little. Oooh and in the tipping conversation Lorelai says he has been ripping her off for 10 years. Hello!? Did the writers not read the script two weeks ago - it's 8 years! 8!! Jeez. Lol. Anyway, they are still cute to me and I still like them together ( Damn Chris for coming back so soon!), but I just want a little more affection.

Dean and Luke - Well could Luke have been more like a father to Rory? He is so protective of her. I love that. Rory needs that in her life, and she even acted like his kid when Dean left and she turned to Luke and said "Thanks a lot!" Such a daughter thing to do. Dean and Luke just don't like each other. I don't think they really ever have and it made the date awkward. Luke said he would try to be civil for Lorelai, but couldn't hold it in. The bop-it scene wasn't as funny as it was in the preview. Just two angry boys going at it.

Zach coming into Lukes - FUNNY! He was cute in that scene and I think he really likes Lane too. That's soo cute.

And Kyle - Still the weirdo he was during the bacherlor party..but now he has chicks. LOL.

Overall I liked tonights episode. It was funny. Funny like it used to be. Some of the best parts were:
1) The panic room that Emily bought. When Rory and Lorelai both entered (seperately) they were like "Panic room - like Jodie Foster?" That made me laugh.
2) Them snooping in Richards poolhouse. Rory was soo worried and nervious. Making sure everything was still in the same place on the way out.
3) And probably my favorite thing in this episode -Rory's reaction to Pippi Longstocking - Oh my God. I have never laughed soooo hard when in a room by myself. That was the best thing ever. I could watch it over and over! Ha!!!

and as for the promo [pause]..trying to breathe..TRYING TO BREATHE..can't catch breathe.*in* *out*] STUPID CHRISTOPHER! Nooooo. Oh my God. I can't breathe now. What?! I thought next week we were still Chris free?! What is this..ugh..*sigh* Jeez. But yay Rory and telling him off in the promo!

Well I could probably go on, and this is definately not a complete review. I'm REALLY tired today and can't concentrate..but it's a start.
Mots15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 02:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Dean was in fine form tonight He was the Dean who gave Max the good advice to just "go along with whatever [Lorelai and Rory] say, and you'll catch on later". He still understands them. That makes me happy

But, for all his understanding them, Dean and Rory's relationship is so not going to work. Tonight, we got our second hint that they're starting to realize it. My hope is that it'll end around November sweeps. If not, I put my money on it not lasting through February.
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart
jmsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 02:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

Is there any way one of you could transcribe the scene when Luke and Lorelai are in the diner regarding tipping?
Old 10-20-2004, 02:57 AM
New Fan

Loved:

The fact that Jared turned on some acting juice tonight. The look on his face as "just like old times" is discussed was fantastic. Seems like it isn't only Rory that is starting to realize that you can't turn back that clock.

I personally ADORED Luke finally saying things that should be said. Reacting with hostility towards Dean (it's fitting) and as for the previously clip about pining - I think we are to understand that Luke feels more than a little bit of guilt for marrying Nicole when he was actually in love with Lorelai.

I loved that Lorelai didn't go all terminator on Luke at the end. Instead, she's honest with him. Hear's him out and returns that hug. It was all so sweet and hopeful.

Loved that Richard LISTENED to Lorelai and told Emily. I similarly loved that Lorelai says a lot of things about relationships that she doesn't truly mean. She talks about why don't her parents get divorced already and then goes out of her way to talk to her dad with the upshot being "Save your marriage." - great contrast with the "La la la, oh no, I'm fine with all things Dean." When clearly she isn't.

Oh I also liked the fact she tells Luke that she shouldn't have put him in that position.

Good lord - is Lorelai becoming a full blown adult with emotional responsibility and the ability to apologize to all?

LOVED the grapefruit deal also. We had so many nods towards the first sesaon in this episode.

I'm a happy viewer.

Oh....and I'll tell you what, I'm COUNTING on promo guy being the lying rat that he normally is and that all of "that" (ugh) will play out in a manner other than he intimated.

It had better or I'm going all bop-it on someone.

Didn't like Promo Guy. A lot.

I personally thought the Sigfried and Roy joke was beyond tasteless. I mean seriously that shattered the nasty meter.

I didn't like how Kirk the anti-sex appeal machine was all over Lulu. Ugh. Even if this had been the most romantic episode of all time I still would have said, "Sorry honey but I've just seen Kirk with his tongue down Lulu's throat and am therefore disgusted."
stillshimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 03:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

As much as I hate their current relationship and the way it came about, I could see season 1 Rory and Dean in tonight's episode. They are enjoying each other's company. Too bad there is no physical chemistry. They should just admit that they can be friends. What they had is in the past and they cannot drag it kicking and screaming into the present. Luke knows that and Lorelai too, it is just that she is caught in the middle. Lorelai too is thinking of Dean pre-wedding. Earth to Lorelai, someone who cheats on his wife does not have a "good heart."

I loved the little bit we saw of Sookie and Jackson. Continuity guy is on the ball.

I can see the beginnings of a Richard/Emily reconcilliation.

Still not interested in a Zach/Lane pairing. I just do not like the actor who portrays Zach. He does nothing for me. Keiko definitely looked her age (32) without her glasses.

I don't think that Luke has ever liked Dean all that much. Luke is a nice guy so he was alway polite, but he always thought of Dean, much like I do, as very average.
LynnieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 03:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by stillshimpy

Loved that Richard LISTENED to Lorelai and told Emily. I similarly loved that Lorelai says a lot of things about relationships that she doesn't truly mean. She talks about why don't her parents get divorced already and then goes out of her way to talk to her dad with the upshot being "Save your marriage." - great contrast with the "La la la, oh no, I'm fine with all things Dean." When clearly she isn't.

Oh I also liked the fact she tells Luke that she shouldn't have put him in that position.

Good lord - is Lorelai becoming a full blown adult with emotional responsibility and the ability to apologize to all?
ITA- Lorelai handled the conflict a lot better than she has similar situations in the past. it gave me a happy.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:45 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm sorry, Keiko is 32?! Is that right?

Yeah, I thought Sigfreid and Roy joke was tastless. My jaw dropped at that.

"We’re gonna raise the level of public debate in this country, and let that be our legacy."

To The West Wing
Jewls13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 03:55 AM
Master Fan

I swear I thought I had nothing to say. I was wrong!

Keiko just turned 31.

[depressing paragarph]I just came to the (very speculative) conclusion tonight that it's the last season. A myriad of reasons led to the revelation, but some key things clinched the deal in my mind. One was the maid tonight: Sarah. I don't know if you guys have noticed, but in nearly every episode so far in season 5 we've had repeat guest stars. As in bit actors who are returning usually to play different characters. I mean, repeating one of Emily's maids? Since when!? It's like they're inviting all of thier friends back for one last hoorah. And then there's Luke and Lorelai. I knew they were put together last season because the show desperately needed the ratings. But clearly they were ASP's ace in the hole, and there's no way she was going to put them together before the show ended. Come January American Idol taking the viewers GG has gotten so far is going to be the final nail in the coffin. Having said this, if they have one more filler episode (two in a row will spawn rage) this season I'm gonna get ultra peeved during every wasted scene. What in f**k's name am I going to do on Tuesday nights!? Thank god I can start legally drinking in a few weeks.[/end depressing paragraph]

Comments on the episode. Sure, I can do that.

Even though they were watching some weirdo version of Pippi Longstocking (all virgins, rent the 80's version) Lorelai and Rory singing the theme song was bust a freaking gut funny. "Annika, it's Pippi!"

It's so weird that I hated all the Rory/Jess scenes and now all of the Rory/Dean scenes, but for completely different reasons, neither making the other look good in comparison. The difference is that R/J made me angry while R/D squick me out. Similarity? Rory sucks at love. It's the area in her life reserved for craptastic decision making. It's so disappointing. Crossing my fingers for a sweeps episode where Logan de-pricks himself and teaches her how to love for real.

Dean would ask for a beer? Ah huh, okay, sure, right.

Hook boy? I thought it was really distasteful and cliched until my sister informed me of a recent article detailing soldiers coming home from the war disabled and using hooks because it allows for more dexterity. Whodathunkit.

I kind of get Lane's attraction to Zach now. If you ignore the greasey hair he was kind of hot during the sink scene. And I liked their diner scene until Zach did his nod to Katharine Hepburn contemplating his meal. We get it, he's slow.

Emily and Richard? Get them back together already, in a sweet and romantic way hopefully.

Kirk and Lulu. Is this going to be like ShirtlessLuke? We have to be suffer through every squicky couple making out before we see some macking by the only people we really want to see tongue each other: Luke and Lorelai? It's certifiable torture.

Luke and Lorelai. I don't know who's fascilitating this whole, we're rarely going to kiss thing (the actors, writers, directors), but it is grating on the nerves at this point. Still, I give them until next week since that's the episode Lauren was taping when she talked on Ellen about having to make out with Scott. Anyway, not to dwell on that because the hip to hip walking, arm over legs at the movie, and hug at the end were excellent. Comfortable I guess is what they're drilling into our heads, but we've had that for years. The benefits of finally being in a romantic relationship is the passion that's added to the relationship they already had. I wish Lorelai had told him about the affair. This season seems to be all about avoiding deep discussions. What gives? Are we waiting for a Tick,Tick,Tick, Boom around episode 20, because hell that's a long time.

Promo:
Who else caught Logan snogging the girl right behind Rory in the paper room? Reminded me of Tristan and Summer and Jess and Shane. Something about seeing a guy passionately kissing someone else makes Rory absolutely fall head over feet for him. *ugh* Where's SINGLE Marty? And Christopher, well, Rory gains massive cool points for telling him to back off of a woman he has no right to ask anything of (Does Lorelai cringe like I do when he calls her Lor?). While I think Chris is one of the biggest screw ups around I had a ChrisEpisodes marathon this weekend to remind me of a simple fact. Some of the best drama (for Rory and Luke and Lorelai, even Emily) has come from his appearances. It's going to be a mess, but the repercussions hopefully like in the past will be rewarding in the long run. "Hate the Chris, Love the Drama" is my mantra until proven otherwise, so bring it on.

Last edited by A. B. Normal; 10-20-2004 at 05:43 AM
A. B. Normal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 04:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Luke and Lorelai. I don't know who's fascilitating this whole, we're rarely going to kiss thing (the actors, writers, directors), but it is grating on the nerves at this point.
I think that's the actors. Writers put in the dialogue, but the actors get to decide what to do with it most of the time.

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
hshapir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 04:37 AM
Elite Fan

Early in the episode at the diner when Luke was pouring Lorelai coffee... I'm sure Lorelai said a line to Luke that was also used in the pilot. It sounded familiar. It's like- they're rehashing old dialog now?
Old 10-20-2004, 04:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kelly_mvpics
Early in the episode at the diner when Luke was pouring Lorelai coffee... I'm sure Lorelai said a line to Luke that was also used in the pilot. It sounded familiar. It's like- they're rehashing old dialog now?
I'm not exactly sure which exchange you're referring to (tip talk?), but you say that like they've never repeated dialogue...

Quote:
SOOKIE: Hi Jackson
JACKSON: Sookie, hi
SOOKIE: Hi.
JACKSON: Hi.
Quote:
JESS: Hi.
RORY: Hey.
LORELAI: Hi.
LUKE: Hi.
RORY: Hi.
LUKE: Please, I’ll finish it – hi, hi, hi, hi, hi.
Anyone else find it strange that Continuity Guy can remember that Lorelai tried reading Max's Proust like 80 episodes ago, but he can't remember from two episodes ago that Luke and Lorelai met 8 years ago, not 10?
A. B. Normal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 05:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by A. B. Normal

Anyone else find it strange that Continuity Guy can remember that Lorelai tried reading Max's Proust like 80 episodes ago, but he can't remember from two episodes ago that Luke and Lorelai met 8 years ago, not 10? [/B]
Yeah. I thought that was really funny.

Lorelai: So, ethics?
Rory: Highly subjective and completely overrated.
Lorelai: That's my girl.

Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 05:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
SOOKIE: Hi Jackson
JACKSON: Sookie, hi
I love that scene!
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 05:36 AM
Addicted Fan

OK, I'm glad to hear you all enjoyed the singing part too. Sounds like the hatred and disdain for Rory is slowly wearing off. I thought she was actually rather likable in this episode.

Anytime we get to hear Alexis sing is a treat, because it's surely to be entertaining or comical, somehow. This time, effin' hilarious!!!! I love how she furrows her brows when singing high... it's just too cute!
ilovetheshins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread