Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2004, 07:26 AM
LLB
Passionate Fan

So how would all of you who have seen the episode rate the first 2 episodes of the season on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being mind-blowingly awesome?!
"When it comes to relationships, maybe we're all in glass houses and shouldn't throw stones. Because you can never really know. Some people are settling down, some people are settling... and some people refuse to settle for anything less than butterflies."
<- avi courtesy of Cress
.Léa.
LLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 10:34 AM
Loyal Fan

I fear that they are going to "tease" us with Luke & Lorelei's relationship. They're in one, we just can't see it.

And, although Rory does seem very selfish about Dean, I still feel Dean & Lindsey had no idea what they were getting into when they got married (and I was 19 when I got married, and am still happily married so I don't think everyone is too young at that age, just them). As I've stated before, I think Lindsey thought it was going to be like playing house and it was going to be all fun and no work. There were problems before Rory, she just made everything come out.
GenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 10:48 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by A. B. Normal
Yeah, seriously. If we don't see some serious L/L tonsil hockey soon then I guess Lauren was talking about some saliva exchange that wasn't written in no script, ya dig?

I think they must be doing some serious rehearsing!! Guess we have something to look forward to.....maybe.....

A little teasing is ok but at some point the hotness and the wishes of the participants has to come through....you can't tell me after seven weeks that two adults couldn't find some where to share a much needed/wanted kiss. On to next week, which I assume is that night......

And Luke using the turn 'hooking up' leaves nothing to the imagination.
~~ CherylS ~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 11:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

Okay here's my 2 cents for what it's worth. I'd also like to preface this by saying that normally I'm a fan of a DP script, but last night...not so much.

Loved/Liked
1. Luke, Luke, Luke. Last week was the week of Sookie for me. This week was the week of Luke. I enjoyed every scene he was in.

2. Lorelai punching Luke in the diner when he got back. So 1st grade, but so cute. She had to touch him and hitting him was the only way to show her affection without giving too much away.

3. Rory actually looking remorseful. She looked hit when Lindsey's mom laid into her. I even like the phone conversation with Lorelai. Her voice broke at just right moment when she said she wanted to fix it. This is the first time in a while where I felt like I was watching Rory again and not Alexis playing Rory.

4. Luke and Lorelai's phone conversation. She missed him and it was very apparent.

5. Sookie being a presence in this episode as well as last week.

6. I actually liked Lane and Zach.

7. Liz and Luke's conversation. However when Liz said she had a dream about them I almost wished someone would have said dirty.

What the hell moments
1. Luke and Lorelai not kissing! I get that we waited 4 seasons to get a lip lock and we got 2 in the finale, but how much longer must we wait for the third kiss? I'm holding out hope because Lauren spoke about making out on Ellen, but come on! I get that characters hooking up can ruin a show and I'm not asking that LL make out constantly, but that after 7 weeks that third kiss would be even more pent up! [rant over]

2. Lorelai attempting to hug Emily. I thought it was odd. Lorelai and Emily aren't huggers. Don't get me wrong, I liked the gesture to hug, but it stuck me as funny.

3. Luke buying cigarettes at the pharmacy. Huh? A great comic moment was lost by the fact that he could have picked up condoms, breath mints, KY, etc.

4. Rory flinched when Lane called one of Zach's girls a dirty trollop, but when Lorelai called Ren Fair girl a **** she didn't bat an eyelash. If you're establishing a pattern of Rory feeling like a dirty **** at least keep it consistent.

5. The contents of Rory's letter. Good job telling Dean you're not available because he's married, but the night was still special? How about it never should have happened because you're married?

Overall I get that this episode was setting up things for the future, but it seemed like a lot of filler to me. And the promo for next week? I was expecting more, but the charts line kills me. Leave it to Taylor to chart the probability of outcomes if Luke and Lorelai are together!

---
My dear little librarian, pile up enough tomorrows and you'll find you've collected nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering.
daydreamer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 11:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

Lorelai's expression when she saw Luke was priceless, like "how are you here? and why aren't you happier to see me?" And the way she kept punching him in the chest...like, she wanted him to grab her and hug her, or kiss her, but they both didn't know how to do that. Awkward! Hehe.

Okay, can anyone explain to me the red balloons? With Rory? I had such a Rufus Wainwright (Across the Universe) flashback. Did it have some significance?

Oh and that movie at the end. Was the lady talking Maggie Smith? It sounded so much like her.
Charming Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 11:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yes, that was Maggie Smith at the end of the episode. I've been told the movie was Room with a View. I thought it was the Prime of Miss Jean Brody at first!

As for the balloons, I'll take a stab at it. I felt like it symbolized Rory's innocence and carefree happy days were gone. The balloons, to me, symbolized child-like happiness and she obviously doesn't have anymore, especially after Dean kind of laid into her.

---
My dear little librarian, pile up enough tomorrows and you'll find you've collected nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering.
daydreamer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:00 PM
Passionate Fan

Great show. Rory did the right thing ending her relationship with a very married Dean. His wife is not likable so I have little sympathy for her. Loralai and luke were great as well.

Can someone explain the scene with Lane. I didn't like how that jerk snapped his fingers at her in the diner. I would have ignored him and his two bimbos.
Bronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:08 PM
Total Fan

Loved the balloon thing....

Yep, I wanted Luke to buy something a little more telling in the pharm....I know cigs are at the counter so it was easy....but he would never buy them....I guess they were trying to show desperation.....chocolate would have been great....condoms funny but too crass right now and not really Luke. And this is the WB!

I do think this episode was necessary to set up the next few...and move the story along. The L&L awkwardness understandable and cute. Its like they are teenagers and have never done this before. Gotta love that..... I love Luke and Liz whenever they are together.....
~~ CherylS ~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Weighing in.

Loved the phone conversation between Luke and Lorelai. I don't know why, but it was just so darn cute.

I'm glad both Dean and Rory are finally feeling the sting of their actions and realizing that they hurt someone.

Love Luke. Love Lorelai. Both characters are entertaining beyond belief, esp. if they're put together.

Sookie does have a big mouth. But Rory would have found out eventually. I lived in a small town and word of mouth travels fast. Although, Lindsay's mother and her need for public confrontation might have given it away as well. I wonder if that would have been a different scene entirely.

Not too sure how the ballons fit in. I understand the symbolism, but it just didn't fit the episode for me.

And as for a love interest for Lane. Bring back Adam Brody's character.

I liked the episode, and I am giddily looking forward to next weeks.
Old 09-29-2004, 03:11 PM
Cotton Candy

Quote:
Originally posted by crzy4fun
Love Luke. Love Lorelai. Both characters are entertaining beyond belief, esp. if they're put together.
I couldn't agree more
Old 09-29-2004, 03:19 PM
Extreme Fan

help!

this may be totally inappropriate but...

I love GG, i tape every episode, I watch religously...I taped last nights b/c I was working and when I went to watch it I had picture and no sound Does anyonw know where I can find the script online, download the episode online or watch the episode online? Thanks
Old 09-29-2004, 03:21 PM
Cotton Candy

Aw, that's too bad Try KaZaA.
Old 09-29-2004, 03:47 PM
Loyal Fan

few things--form what I've read, not seen:

--I like the Lane Zack line...those of you who did not see that coming should certyainly rewatch afterboom-or tick tick tick boom--whichever it was that had them at a performance and zack going off with two girls there after complimenting Lane...ASP has been setting this up sorta...and it's good. Adam Brody is never coming back now he's got the OC so..yeah..

--I like the Rory Dean line, since I don't think she's a ****...but i won't get into that discussion again...I'm not even a narco...but i like the drama of the story.

--i wanna see it now!
{Sophie }<3{Smitty #666 }<3{Java Junkie }<3{Cerulean #19}

{ILY #17}{LL #12}{Keeper of Lorelai's arms during the ESK}

addict
froukje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 03:54 PM
Extreme Fan

little late i know... saw the ep just 10 mins ago.
no kiss i was in the mood for another kiss. thats so sad. hope they will kiss next episode. hope town people let them alone so they can kiss and do some other stuff give luke and lorelai some privacy

**Icon made by Suz**
carmenvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 06:53 PM
Elite Fan

This season just keeps getting better and better.

Lorelia being all work-obsessed makes sense. Not only if this a new business that she desperatly wants to succeed, her relationship with Rory has been strained. I know when I am in fights or am upset, I tend to turn to cleaning frantically in a way to cope with it. Lorelai making herself busy was probably her way of dealing with the stress of having a fight with Rory.

I was glad to see Rory take responsibility and break it off in that letter. Although I wish she would have said something in that bickering match between Lorelai and Lindsay's mom. She should have snapped or something, but I understand why she didn't.

Aw, Lane and Zack. I support it completely. Lane needs a guy in her life and it's kind of funny watching her get all jealous of Zack and his girls. I can't wait to see how the living situation with that works out. Heh. But I do have one slight complaint, I want to see Mrs. Kim again. She cracks me up.

Dean and Rory. I have been against this whole thing from the beginning. And maybe with Dean yelling and Rory's realization that she made a mistake..maybe this will just end. Hopefully.

I loved Liz getting all excited about Luke and Lorelai. And her having dreams about it? So cute! I love how people are reacting so far (Sookie and Liz).

When did Rory find out officially about Lorelai and Luke? The only scene we really had was when Lorelai told her she thought she was dating Luke. But that scene was before their first kiss. I really wanted to see a Rory/Lorelai chat on the kiss.

Argh. So close. I was all about to sigh with happiness when that parade comes around the corner. Maybe next week, which looks like a Lorelai/Luke-ish centric episode. @ the town meeting being about their relationship. Crazy people.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top