Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2004, 12:56 AM
Extreme Fan

Tonight's eppy was "OK". The only scenes I really enjoyed were:
A) The ones with Luke and Lorelai
B) The ones with Lorelai talking about Luke
C) The ones with Luke talking about Lorelai.

I was VERY dissapointed that we got no kiss. Episode 3 better be REAL good or I'm sending ASP a howler.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Zack and Lane this show gets better and better. First Luke/Lorelai, now a possibility of them hooking up . The epsiode was pretty good. I liked the scenes with Michel and the kids, so cute and funny. Grrr to the band that cut off Luke/Lorelai's kiss but it was a real cute scene with the necklace. Hehe, and she was wearing his earrings he gave her too. I dont know really want to say about the whole Lindsay/Dean/Rory situation. Only thing I can say is " Go Lindsay". You can do way better.

Next weeks epsiode looks pretty funny with the chart of Luke/Lorelai . cant wait for that
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 01:06 AM
Master Fan

Daniel wrote and directed this one. Which explains the use of "ginchy" for the second time. Pretty sure Lauren (and the rest of the free world) have no idea what it means, but Daniel obviously finds that fact hi-larious.

I could have done without everything but the last 15 minutes or so. Lane and Michel's b plots took time away from L/L and I have to hate them for it. Or at least Daniel for writing it. I did like Lorelai mussing with the sheets in response to Rory's a$$holeyness. Sookie's warning that Lorelai was starting to sound like Emily was good. And then her blabbing about Dean and Lindsay was a nice slap in the face for Rory. The confrontation was really good, but I wish Patty would have been sitting in the gazebo. Scott was adorable grinning when he admitted to Liz that he was talking to Lorelai...on a cell phone...that he carries in his pocket.

Honestly don't know what's more frustrating. Luke and Lorelai almost kissing when they WEREN'T a couple or almost kissing when they ARE a couple. I think I'll go with now, since I literally envisioned ripping the heads off of every single Cider Mill Parade participant. Although, since Lauren Graham can't stop talking about toungue kissing Scott, I'm guessing we'll see some make out scenes soon enough.

We can at least pretend their lips touched. They at least rubbed noses.

Lauren Graham is pretty. I want that black dress.
A. B. Normal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 01:08 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by A. B. Normal
Lauren Graham is pretty. I want that black dress.
Word. I totally giggled when we got cleavage shots. Heh.

Um, yeah, I don't trust promo pictures at all anymore. Making me think L/L kiss, damn them!

RORY: What'd I miss?
EMILY: I was just admiring your mother's life.
RORY: Oh, I do that daily.
* Kay * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 01:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

As promised earlier, my review. heh.

Definitely didn't enjoy this episode as much as the premiere, and I'm not just saying that out of hostility for the lack of L/L scenes (although I will admit thats part of it. It was a good episode, but last weeks was much better.

Opening sequence....not really sure what was up with that, although the phrase "apple down!" definitely made me laugh my butt off.

Sookie was wonderful again, giving Lorelai the reality check she needed and bringing her back into the real world (her lines about having Swingline printed on her face for a day and Apocalypse Now were hysterical). Her character has been wonderful thus far.

Michel and the kids were absolutely hilarious. Who would have thought small children would love a cranky French man? "We want to play insipid board games!!!" Wonderful.

Lane and Zach? Personally I think that was random as hell. I hope ASP knows where she's going with that one, because it seems to have come wayyyyy out of the blue. Although Lane's dialogue with Rory about it at the end was quite entertaining.

Emily was her usual self in Europe. And who knew she could flirt? haha. I thought the handling of Rory and Lorelai fighting over the phone, and then making up, was great. They always seem to just fall right back into place, and did so again here. That scene made me smile.

Dean deserved to get verbally abused. He's being a total ass. The scene in the town square was not as bad as I expected...I thought there was going to be more of a scene. I loved how Lorelai stuck up for Rory. Dean continued to be a jerk at the end...he doesn't seem to be taking much responsibility for his actions. bah.

Luke at the Ren. Fair was so funny. Liz cracks me up, and her reaction to his revelation that he was indeed looking for the necklace for Lorelai was priceless. HUZZAH!!! I love her character and hope she pops in now and again through the season.

Lorelai and Luke's phone conversation was cute. I love that they have obviously been talking a lot over the summer, since she knew all about the people at the fair. She clearly missed him a lot, and was so excited to see him again. Their secret meet up was adorable, and I am very hostile that we didn't get that third kiss, but the necklace and reaction was adorable. Wish there could have been more. *sigh* next week....

And I wish we could have seen Lorelai telling Rory, not just had it implied by movie night chatter. But that could just be me.

I've said my piece. lol.
Old 09-29-2004, 01:39 AM
Master Fan

Okay, but certainly nowhere nearly as good as the premiere or the finale.

Don't care about Lane or Zach. Never have and never will.

Luke and Lorelai are cute but I'm looking forward to drama with Christopher.

Rory still cannot hug. I guess that's what she gave her mom.

The Lindsey/mom confrontation was lame. Rory looked down with a sad face and that's it. No crying. Lorelai was waaaayyy too sympathetic with Rory's situation. What was that about, "Order anything you want, Honey." She acted like Rory failed a test or something. Stupid. Where was the drama?

Lindsey's face broke my heart.

Rory's letter? Dumbest thing ever. I'm glad that Dean was mad about it. He's still an idiot, but I kinda loved it when he made the comment about Rory dumping him before and bailing on him. At least he sorta acknowledged that he hurt others.

Hated the Renaissance scenes because they looked so fake. Can't the show spend more than fifty dollars on their set?

Lauren Graham looked more beautiful than ever.

I would have liked the Rory apology scene better if there was some kind of sincere emotion behind it. It should have been in person not over the phone anyways. After the way Rory talked to her mom in the finale and in the premiere, I expected something a little more dramatic.

The last scene was pretty good. Lauren has the ability to turn even the lamest dialogue into something worth watching.

"A Room With A View"? That was kinda a neat ending.

Daniel disappointed me. His last several episodes from season four were pretty good.

Next week looks better except for the D/R garbage.
curlyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 01:45 AM
Cotton Candy

Yeah, I felt bad for Lindsay too. She didn't even attack Rory, she just stood there. Wow, I never thought that I'd feel bad for Lindsay .
Old 09-29-2004, 01:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

I finally figured out that the reason this show has any subplots or tertiary characters is so that Lauren and Alexis can have an occasional day off. I also do not care about Lane and the band. What I've been reading about this episode does not make me care about watching it. Oh well, to be fair in commenting on it later, I guess I'll have to watch.
LynnieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 02:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

I thought this ep was right up there with the premiere.

1. We saw a part of Lorelai's job (which was way overdue) and which was very entertaining. I thought the rush-rush was very well done. Lauren is an amazing actress.

2. I don't think Lindsay's mom was out of line. My mom probably would have done the same thing. And I'm sure Lindsay was just embarassed that the whole blowout happened in the square, which is why she didn't react. Although...she did throw Dean's stuff out the window.

3. I'm a major L/L shipper. BUT, I'm loving the progression. A second kiss would be too soon. LOL. You think I'm crazy. I think at this point, I also think I'm crazy.

4. I didn't like Lorelai being nice to Dean while delivering the message, or even delivering it, for that matter. But, I guess, since Rory was talking to her again (almost 2 months of no talking...), she couldn't help but do it. I dunno.

5. Sookie has a damn big mouth!! Always has. Ughh. And Michel always cracks me up. I've noticed his accent is starting to fade away slowly. Well, I'm french Canadian (like him), so I notice stuff like that.

6. It feels like they're just throwing out random sub-plots for Lane (and Michel). I mean, Zach? So not her type. After Dave...she can do so much better. And Michel. Gosh. I think the only time we got to know him was when his mother was in town and at that party...I'd love to know more about him (well, there's also the issue that he won't talk about his life.

7. Okay, what was that first scene before the credits?! It just...zoomed by! Just like Lorelai! (rhyme!) Seriously. That was just too short, but, I guess, enjoyable.

8. Gosh, isn't Lauren just incredibly beautiful? I can't believe she's single. And with her smarts! (I just watched her on Celebrity Jeopardy. lol.)

Decent ep. 7.5/10

Last edited by Charming Sara; 09-29-2004 at 02:24 AM
Charming Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 02:24 AM
Total Fan

This one didn't do much for me. The opening....what was that? I got that they were putting us in a hectic mood...

Not enough L&L.....

I really don't care about the band. I would like Lane to have a storyline but this sure isn't it. The girls with Zach....they looked like they could be Crazy Carrie's daughters.

Liz and Luke I love. TJ was a 'dick' in this one.

I did like the parallel of the talks.....Luke and Liz.....Sookie and Lorelai...so much the same. And the L&L sneaking off....yep, just like Rory and Jess. Although that one ended so much better!!

I do think this was a necessary evil to set up the rest of the season...so onto next week when again we won't get enough of L&L.

Last edited by ~~ CherylS ~~; 09-29-2004 at 02:52 AM
~~ CherylS ~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 02:28 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I can't believe she's single.
What are you talking about? She's hooking up with SP.

I think the point of the teaser was to get us into the rush mood. Heh, the apple thing was funny.

Old 09-29-2004, 02:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by * Kay *
What are you talking about? She's hooking up with SP.
Yeah, seriously. If we don't see some serious L/L tonsil hockey soon then I guess Lauren was talking about some saliva exchange that wasn't written in no script, ya dig?
A. B. Normal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 02:38 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by A. B. Normal
Yeah, seriously. If we don't see some serious L/L tonsil hockey soon then I guess Lauren was talking about some saliva exchange that wasn't written in no script, ya dig?
:::giggles like a 12 year old:::

ASP's just milking it. She knows she has us wrapped around her finger, just waiting for an L/L hookup. (Hee, "we'll hookup later" )

Old 09-29-2004, 02:49 AM
Part-Time Fan

one word: BashfulLuke
JakeTheLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 03:59 AM
Loyal Fan

I posted this at the JJ thread, but I'm pretty proud of my microanalyzation:

Luke was gone for 7 weeks. When he got back, at the diner, Lorelai looked at him and said "you were gone for several weeks" or something like that, and she looked up at him like she was thinking 'if you hadn't of been gone, we'd be sleeping together by now'.

About Lex's comment: Yeah, we figured you out, Lauren.

There's an ad banner at the top of my screen that reads: If you smoke and you're over 21, click here to win a flat screen tv.
catterwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top