Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2021, 01:24 PM
Elite Fan

Superman & Lois Episode Discussion - 1x08: Holding the Wrench [Airs June 1, 2021]

Superman & Lois
Episode Discussion
1x08: Holding the Wrench

Air Date: Tuesday, June 1, 2021 @ 9:00 PM Eastern

Clark encourages Lois to reach out for help after noticing her reaching a breaking point.
Meanwhile, Jonathan finds himself in a dangerous situation. Lastly, Kyle encourages Sarah to audition for the musical revue at school.

| Icon by MyLastDayWithoutYou |
Old 06-01-2021, 01:26 PM
Elite Fan

This one seems so interesting! I wonder what drives Lois to the breaking point and who she asks help
Old 06-02-2021, 09:39 AM
Moderator Support Team

so we learn that Lois had a miscarriage when the boys were young and that she was going to name it the same name that John named his daughter on the other world. interesting.

and john's Rv almost killed Jonathon when he was snooping around in there and saw the video of lois getting killed by the other superman. that is a lot for him (or anyone really) to handle. I can understand why lois flipped out on him. although I cant believe he didnt freak out too.

so now Lana is keeping secrets from her husband which is now causing him to not be there for his daughter again. im glad Jordan was able to step up for her when she needed someone. I guess they both got over their anxiety issues.
Old 06-02-2021, 05:00 PM
Master Fan

This was a good, emotional episode. I cried when Lois and Jonathon made up. My husband came up with an interesting theory. If Kryptonians are possessing normal people, maybe Zod survived somewhere and he is in control of Morgan Edge's body, and his right hand woman is Ursa.

I'm also realizing how refreshing it is that Lex Luther is not the big baddie. I'm starting to get redemption vibes for John.
Old 06-03-2021, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

another awesome episode!

who needs Lex.

Author of ISBN
Old 06-03-2021, 02:30 PM
Elite Fan

This was definitely one of my favorite episodes this far! I don't know why, but I just kept weeping during it. So emotional, so beautiful.

This was such an important episode when it comes to Jonathan and his character development. I loved the title, the end speech and how it ties into the first scene where we see Jonathan holding the wrench to Clark when he doesn't even need it, but still Jordan is able to help with his abilities. The pain on Jon's face is so palpable. I loved that he naturally paired up with Lois, to help with the rv. Maybe it was his need to do something, and only way he can be of use without superpowers is with Lois, who is an awesome investigator, and will be an awesome mentor for Jonathan. I am rambling, but I am still reeling from this episode.

I love the Jonathan and Jordan dynamic. Jordan is the one with the abilities, who doesn't really want to take part in the super family dealings that much, and then there is Jonathan who really worries and tries to be helpful. Again, it might be Jon overcompensating for not having powers, but it is fun to watch.

I was so shocked when Jonathan almost died. I knew the whole time it would not be the end, but he must have been do scared, Like Jen said above, Jon seeing evil!Superman kill alternative!Lois must have been so hard. Knowing that they were not his parents is not the same as really comprehending it, it must have been hard. When he spoke to the pictures of Natalie and calling her sis, it broke me. Jon seems so gentle and good man

SERIOUSLY THOUGH, the twins could have a little sister! The emotion that Lois expressed talking about her... I am so glad we get to see this side of Lois, although it is so hard to watch. Her reasoning for going off at Jonathan makes since, although Jon's face when she yelled at him ( not to mention Clark's face!!) was so painful to watch. But the apology scene made it all better It was my favorite part of the episode.

I love the insights we get to the Cushings! And boy, I can tell you I am not fan of Kyle! What on Earth man! You can be angry at your wife, and not let down your daughter! But this was so Jordan's time to shine! Now that neither of the twins will be playing football, I bet we will see Jordan shine on stage and he will not need his abilities for that.

I can talk about this epi for hours. I will continue this rambling in other threads. Please join me
Old 06-03-2021, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

I hope Natalie is alive so she can show up. I also love John a lot, hope he comes back

great episode!
Old 06-03-2021, 03:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysCB (View Post)
I hope Natalie is alive so she can show up. I also love John a lot, hope he comes back

great episode!
Natalie showing up would cause so much disturbance and pain and I would love to see that I am still so hung up on seeing Jon call her sister, that it might break me!
Old 06-03-2021, 03:57 PM
Moderator Support Team

I was going through the screencaps to make the icons for the ep and just seeing the scenes shot my shot just brought back so many emotions all over again. this was such a great episode.

I love the John and Natalie scenes of him building the robot suit thing. great bonding scenes. I really hope she is still alive.

I also really loved all the scenes Jonathan had with lois. I hope they have more scenes together in future episodes.

and I loved the Jordan and Sarah scenes on stage. they had each others backs up there. I loved how they kept watching each other while they were performing.
Old 06-04-2021, 01:48 AM
Elite Fan

Some scenes were just so emotional they blew me away. At the end when Lois and Jonathan were talking, it really got to me. Jonathan felt so sorry for his mother, especially because he knew the name of the daughter she had with Irons in the alternative world, and that it was the name she was going to give to their baby sister.

Also can you imagine Jonathan and Jordan as big brothers?

I bet they will have more scenes together. I am sure that Lois will help Jonathan cope and he won't settle to do mundane tasks, but wants to really help.
Old 06-04-2021, 03:09 AM
New Fan

Lois said to John: "I know what happened to Natalie". What does she know and how? Clark earlier said to Lois that "he lost Natalie". John's last words to Natalie from the other earth were "I'll be right back". But like some others here, I suspect we'll be seeing the living Natalie at some point.

-------

Last edited by Robert88; 06-04-2021 at 03:24 AM
Old 06-04-2021, 11:52 AM
Moderator Support Team

welcome to the board Robert

that is a good question, how does Lois know what happened to Natalie.
Old 06-04-2021, 02:34 PM
Elite Fan

Hey, Robert!

I doubt that Lois knows exactly what happened to her, but she probably assumes she is dead. She knows that Henry had a wife and a daughter and he blames Superman for their destiny. It's not that difficult to guess. Also, probably just saying her name will get Henry's attention and that was Lois' intention.
Old 06-06-2021, 12:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Such a great episode!

It's been a long time since I've been able to like the Jordan and Jonathan scenes so that was a highlight for me.

Jordan being there for Sarah for the talent show was wonderful.

I love Jonathan! and Lois was way too harsh on him but at least we got a reason for it. She didn't want to lose another child especially since she had a miscarriage a long time ago to a girl who she was going to name Natalie... and of course twist is that Natalie is also the name of her daughter on the other earth where she is married to John! Wow! Makes sense while the details of the other earth touched her.

I loved when Jonathan said he would've loved to meet his sister! I hope she's still alive somehow.

Old 06-07-2021, 05:18 PM
New Fan