Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2021, 09:53 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Superman & Lois Episode Discussion - 1x05: The Best of Smallville [Airs March 23, 2021]

Superman & Lois
Episode Discussion
1x05: The Best of Smallville

Air Date: Tuesday, March 23, 2021 @ 9:00 PM Eastern

As Smallville celebrates its first Harvest Festival since Martha's passing, Clark (Tyler Hoechlin) is reminded what his mother meant to him and learns a lesson that will help him move past her death.
Meanwhile, Lois (Elizabeth Tulloch) makes a breakthrough in the investigation of Morgan Edge (Adam Rayner). Lastly, Kyle (Erik Valdez) tries to reconnect with Lana (Emmanuelle Chriqui), but it seems like he might be falling back into his old ways.

Old 03-22-2021, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

thanks for that
Old 03-22-2021, 10:22 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread! I can not wait. Too bad that this is the last epi before the hiatus
| Icon by MyLastDayWithoutYou |
Old 03-22-2021, 11:48 AM
Loyal Fan

thanks for this

I can't believe this is the last episode before the hiatus..
Old 03-23-2021, 09:17 AM
Elite Fan

^ I know! I am so bummed out! How long is the hiatus?
Old 03-23-2021, 11:39 AM
Loyal Fan

May 18 it returns. So long to wait
Old 03-23-2021, 12:12 PM
Moderator Support Team

oh wow. that is such a long wait
Old 03-23-2021, 12:18 PM
Elite Fan

Oh no! That is super long!! How come it is so long?
Old 03-23-2021, 02:17 PM
Loyal Fan

^ That is super long yes, and it's due to a COVID-related production interruption that occurred in the summer 2020. So the rest of the season will return may 18.

https://tvline.com/2021/03/05/superg...n-lois-hiatus/
Old 03-23-2021, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Old 03-23-2021, 05:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Casey~ (View Post)
^ That is super long yes, and it's due to a COVID-related production interruption that occurred in the summer 2020. So the rest of the season will return may 18.

https://tvline.com/2021/03/05/superg...n-lois-hiatus/
Of course. Stupid Covid. Thanks for the info though!
Old 03-24-2021, 09:54 AM
Elite Fan

Oh my God what an episode!!

I loved basically all of it. Seriously, it is amazing how well they balance the family and superman matters in this show.

First thing, I am so glad that Jonathan finally burst. I think it was a very smart move from the writers to make Eliza leave him, because that definitely would make him jump to the deep end. Especially it happening just after Jordan set up a date with Sarah. In that moment Jordan must have felt like everything he ever wanted and loved was robbed from him by his own family. Yeah Sarah isn't Eliza, but might as well be. Wanting to get out of Smallville and getting drunk, very good classic teenager move. I liked the way it was handled. Oh, and did you notice who was still the best brother ever even though he was drunk and probably a little bit out of his mind? Yep, my favorite boy Jonathan I think Clark handled the situation afterwards really well. I love that he had a way to bond with Jon as well. Even though Jon doesn't have powers, it doesn't mean that he has nothing in common with Clark

This thing with Morgan Edge is going to drive me nuts. Obviously he is the super bad guy trying to recreate Superman - I believe -, but still being the good guy, writing checks left and right. He will be hard to take down, when all the regular people are on his side.

At first I was like, oh my, I am is this Captain Luthor gonna became a good guy?!? When Superman was chasing the Powell boy, I had this idea that maybe he will help Clark & co. to take down the metas that keep popping up. Then it was destroyed when we got the flashback of Lois being his wife. So now Luther has even more reason to hate Superman of this world. I mean if he hasn't yet figured it out that Clark is Superman, he will very soon. "Wherever Lois Lane is, Kal-El is close by." This is getting super interesting.

I love Chrissy from the Gazette. She is super brave, and I was so sure she is going to get herself killed. Good thing, that Lois Lane is married to Superman, that might have saved her this epi. But she is really growing on me.

I wish we got to see more of Kyle. I don't like him, but I think he is interesting character. And I am pretty sure he will figure out Clark's double life.

I cannot wait till May. I will perish with the wait
Old 03-24-2021, 11:07 AM
Moderator Support Team

I agree with everything you just said. this was such a great ep. and I had a feeling that Eliza was going to be breaking up with Jonathon pretty soon. and sure enough it happened and it lead to him having his meltdown.

I cant believe that the Powell guy just spontaneously combusted like that in front of superman. that was crazy.

and I like Chrissy too. but if she keeps spying on Morgan Edge's people like that she is going to get herself killed.

and how did tag? manage to come back and track down Jordan like that? I thought he was taken away to that special meta school.
Old 03-24-2021, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I'm not much of a fan of the flashbacks
Old 03-24-2021, 12:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pempees (View Post)
Of course. Stupid Covid. Thanks for the info though!
You're welcome

What a fantastic episode! I'm in the same camp as I also had a feeling that Eliza were gonna break up with Jonathan. The last thing to have happened to Jonathan that finally made him burst- and I so understood his pain. Clark was amazing in telling him that he knew what he were going through

I loved seeing the flashbacks of young Clark & Martha. I'm sure we'll see more in future episodes.

Chrissy is definitely growing on me too. Loved seeing her following Derek and calling Lois. Lucky that Clark were right there to listen to their conversation

Luther & Lois together on his earth. Ok, I did not see that coming. Great twist.