Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2021, 01:53 AM
Master Fan

I do wonder what the show has planned with Anthony and his whole issue about not loving his wife.

Like are they going to be similar to how it in the books, where he believes he's gonna die young since both his father and uncle did. So he decides that he's going to marry, produce an heir, and then die. But chooses not to love his wife because it will just be to much pain for him to bear when the time comes.

Or they going to be like, he was burned by love and had to be parted from Siena and he figures that love isn't worth it at all. And is just focused on doing his duty, by doing the proper thing and getting married and having an heir.

I mean Simon's demons with his dad were a little more easier to show off on the screen than Anthony's demons. Though maybe we will see more scenes of him talking about his father?
Old 02-22-2021, 11:57 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured moonlight (View Post)
Kate and Anthony are so good together. Definitely my favorite couple from the series. Glad you're excited about them.

I personally never cared about AS. Even before I knew about Kate/read their book.
I am sucker for forbidden love lol.
Old 02-22-2021, 12:12 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
I do wonder what the show has planned with Anthony and his whole issue about not loving his wife.

Like are they going to be similar to how it in the books, where he believes he's gonna die young since both his father and uncle did. So he decides that he's going to marry, produce an heir, and then die. But chooses not to love his wife because it will just be to much pain for him to bear when the time comes.

Or they going to be like, he was burned by love and had to be parted from Siena and he figures that love isn't worth it at all. And is just focused on doing his duty, by doing the proper thing and getting married and having an heir.

I mean Simon's demons with his dad were a little more easier to show off on the screen than Anthony's demons. Though maybe we will see more scenes of him talking about his father?
I think they do it similar to the books. Showing us why he is the way he is. That his whole world changed when his father died.
icon by
Old 02-24-2021, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

cherrios - I think it might end up being a mixture of both (though I don't think he actually loved Siena but I do think he cared for her) but I much prefer the way in the book. And they did lay some of the groundwork for the time thing with him always looking at his watch since he feels he has so little of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by watercolors. (View Post)
I am sucker for forbidden love lol.
I have liked some of those before.
Old 02-25-2021, 10:21 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured moonlight (View Post)
The wait for S2 is going to be so long.
We can get through it.
Old 02-25-2021, 11:36 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Bryan Greenberg

I'm curious of how much they'll take from the book and how they'll adapt it like the first season.

I'm hoping we won't have to wait too long for it to air. the first season took quite a while from shooting 'till release... ( summer of 2019 to Christmas 2020) so fingers crossed it'll still be this year.
Old 02-25-2021, 12:31 PM
Addicted Fan

oh wow. That's a long wait. I've read that they are starting to film this spring, but I hope we do not have to wait too long. I assume they would try to expedite season 2 given the huge success of season 1.

I'm super curious how season 2 will play as well. How do they plan to tell Anthony's and Kate's story? Will they be considered the new leads of the show? (I didn't read the books yet -- so not sure how it all plays out).
Old 02-25-2021, 01:53 PM
Master Fan

As much as I want to see Anthony and Kate's story, how exactly are they able to do this show considering covid? Cause I know a lot of shows had to alter cause of what was going on. And I rather the show be more true to what it was going to be.
Old 02-25-2021, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

A lot of other shows are filming that have intimate scenes as well, I think they are just taking extra precautions and testing people regularly.
Old 02-26-2021, 12:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ Yeah, there are many shows out there that are doing that.
icon by
Old 02-26-2021, 03:24 PM
Master Fan

Ah, but what about how many people are allowed in a scene? How are they gonna do those ball scenes and the crowd scenes in smaller rooms?
Old 02-26-2021, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm sure they are getting tested regularly and making sure they stay in quarantine that fits the filming.

Quote:
I'm super curious how season 2 will play as well. How do they plan to tell Anthony's and Kate's story? Will they be considered the new leads of the show? (I didn't read the books yet -- so not sure how it all plays out).
I'm pretty sure they will be the new leads and with each new season/book we will get new leads.
Old 03-01-2021, 08:02 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
Ah, but what about how many people are allowed in a scene? How are they gonna do those ball scenes and the crowd scenes in smaller rooms?
Yeah, I assume this won't really be an issue. Now with the vaccine rollouts, I wouldn't be surprised if the cast will be vaccinated by the time they start filming. If not all, but majority of them alongside consistent testing/social distancing/masks when not on camera.
Old 03-02-2021, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah, I assume this won't really be an issue. Now with the vaccine rollouts, I wouldn't be surprised if the cast will be vaccinated by the time they start filming. If not all, but majority of them alongside consistent testing/social distancing/masks when not on camera.
Yeah all of this.
Old 03-16-2021, 10:27 PM
Addicted Fan

Closed Thread   Post New Thread