Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2018, 11:14 AM
Master Fan

Shiri has officially beat her record of 3 seasons. Getting a 4th Season of UnREAL sealed the deal. I’m not sure about season 5. However we’ve got the renewal info before each season started. So time will tell. Could depend on how well season 3 or 4 does.

4/29/06 was the greatest day of my life and one that I will never forget. Thank you Shiri.

You're adorkable!! - Hell on Heels
Old 01-20-2018, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

We can only wait and see
Old 01-20-2018, 04:53 PM
Elite Fan

I know I hope so.
Old 01-21-2018, 03:47 AM
Moderator Support Team

They couldn't be on a better Network than Lifetime. I remember when people where shocked that the episodes were online so early and that you could watch the episodes of Season 2 on Amazon World Wide a few days after they aired in the US.
Now so many shows are doing that (Riverdale, Designated Survivor....) and Networks are now looking now at these numbers.

UnReal has strong L+3 /L+7 ratings and even when the Critics and Eric didn't like Season 2 it was trending more that once on Amazon.

UnReal started with MR. Robot and nobody is hyping that show anymore.
icon by
Old 01-21-2018, 05:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

If it were not for Lifetime they would have been canceled immediately, imo but of course, we can not know how it would work in another network.
Old 01-21-2018, 08:40 AM
Moderator Support Team

I agree. UnReal would have not worked on ABC, CBS or any of the other Networks. Shows like UnReal are usally on Netflix, Hulu or Amazon.

I also don't think any other Network would have supported Shiri the way Lifetime does. They took a chance with her and it pays off.

Shiri is directing 2 episodes this Season. She is directing the Season Finale too.
icon by
Old 01-21-2018, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

Lifetime was the best thing that could happen to Unreal and Shiri
Old 01-21-2018, 11:06 AM
Moderator Support Team

very true Can't wait to see the new Season. It's not long now
icon by
Old 01-21-2018, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

same
Old 01-21-2018, 04:03 PM
Elite Fan

I agree, I'm happy for Shiri.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:16 AM
Moderator Support Team

https://twitter.com/yvrshoots/status/954203783671693313

https://twitter.com/Genevievebue/sta...60258709090304
icon by
Old 01-22-2018, 05:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

Im Madison
Old 01-22-2018, 08:39 AM
Master Fan

S2 is now in the past. I am looking forward to S3. My friend said she saw the S3 trailer during the SAG awards.

I think being on Lifetime helps because they only have 1 or 2 scripted shows. It's not like they have to compete with other top shows. It's become Lifetime's baby. Lifetime = Girl power. It's a network for woman by woman so of course they are going to have woman direct. That's great they let Shiri show off her other talents behind the lens.

What hurts them is that Lifetime comes with a bad wrap. It's known for crappy made for TV movies. Some people have said they don't promote the show enough. I don't buy that one. They go everywhere. I wish they got to host SNL and go on Jimmy Fallen and Ellen. If it was on a major network like ABC, NBC, CBS or Fox it would be cancelled with the ratings the show get's. Then again it could do better ratings because its on a major network. I never hear people say what on Lifetime tonight? I do hear my friends asking me what on the major networks all the time.

HBO and Netflix are a whole nother ballgame. If Quinn said the things she says on HBO or Netflix we would not go OMG did she just say what I think she said? It's expected on those networks.

It's hard to tell if the show would do better or worse on another network. What I do know works is streaming. They need to let us binge watch the season. Amazon does well. People want to watch shows whenever they want.

Maddison.

4/29/06 was the greatest day of my life and one that I will never forget. Thank you Shiri.

You're adorkable!! - Hell on Heels
Old 01-22-2018, 12:24 PM
Moderator Support Team

If there is anyone who wants to talk about Season 2 they can. that's why we have this Thread. Also Lifetime has changed in the last years, their movies and other content is quite often nominated for Awards. Fact checking helps sometimes. And now we move on.

#mondaymood Last week, last shots...#season4 #unrealtv
icon by

Last edited by Impossible Girl; 01-22-2018 at 01:04 PM
Old 01-22-2018, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

In fact I would like to see Shiri in another Lifetime movie. Nice shot