So am I, and I'm really proud of her
Old 12-30-2015, 05:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

Same.
Old 12-30-2015, 10:16 AM
Master Fan

Shiri's as good as anyone in the business. Her performance on UnREAL is proof of that. I think more people are going to check out UnREAL now that it made just about every best of list. It's only going to get better in 2016.

4/29/06 was the greatest day of my life and one that I will never forget. Thank you Shiri.

You're adorkable!! - Hell on Heels
Old 12-31-2015, 04:01 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
"UnREAL": If you’re a reformed “Bachelor” fan or just need to scratch that reality show itch, “UnREAL” is a good option. The fiction series follows producers of a "Bachelor"-like show starring Shiri Appleby of “Roswell” fame. The behind-the-scenes drama she starts or enables is usually more interesting than what’s manufactured for the small screen. It remains soapy enough to be fun and dark enough for reality skeptics. — Stephanie Dickrell.
Times staffers pick the best in 2015 entertainment

Quote:
Who saw this coming? Renowned for trashy reality series, soapy TV movies and unauthorised stories of early 90s teen shows, Lifetime actually managed to produce something that didn’t kill viewers’ brain cells this year in the shape of UnREAL.

Co-created by a former producer of The Bachelor, this dark dramedy about the makings of a fictional dating show was sharp, savvy, and at times, downright shocking. And although its characters were, on the whole, awful awful people, fantastic performances from the likes of Shiri Appleby and Constance Zimmer still made you want to watch their immoral antics week in week out.

10 great TV shows you may have missed in 2015: From Netflix's Narcos to Channel 4’s Banana | Metro News

Quote:
UnREAL (Lifetime) It turns out TV about making reality TV can be just as juicy as the real thing. UnREAL, which focuses on the producers of a Bachelor-type series, stares directly into the abyss of Hollywood's treatment of women and the often-insane demands placed on the people who keep the machine running. Come for a thoughtful institutional critique, stay for the dramatic, compelling relationship between a frayed producer (Shiri Appleby) and her demanding mentor (Constance Zimmer).
The 15 Best TV Shows of 2015 | WIRED
icon by
Old 12-31-2015, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

Thanks for the links! Media have spoken!
Old 01-01-2016, 04:52 PM
Elite Fan

Old 01-01-2016, 11:56 PM
Master Fan

I can't wait.

4/29/06 was the greatest day of my life and one that I will never forget. Thank you Shiri.

Old 01-02-2016, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

me too
Old 01-03-2016, 03:15 AM
Moderator Support Team

news from Australia

Quote:
But none of the poignant Australian programming announced so far will come anywhere near Everlasting, an American format that involves one bachelor choosing among 15 beautiful women, who have been briefed thus by the producer: “You get cash bonuses for nudity, catfights. We’re selling true love here. True love, people!”

In fact, Everlasting is not real (or should I say, even less real than The Bachelor). It’s the fictional “reality” show portrayed in a new SBS series called UnReal. Shiri Appleby, who plays one of Everlasting’s producers, says: “You’re going to be able to see what the producers do to manipulate the contestants to get them to behave in a certain way in front of the lenses. There is no way you’ll watch a reality show the same way again.”

Just as well SBS is a cult network. It would be terrible to spoil those few illusions still held by viewers of Seven, Nine and Ten. First Dates will be on Seven, Hatch Match & Dispatch will be on ABC1 and UnReal is streaming on Stan and will be on SBS1 in early February.

Media Culture Television Australia David Dale
icon by
Old 01-03-2016, 06:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

great news

Old 01-03-2016, 01:23 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ thanks!
icon by
Old 01-03-2016, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

no problem
Old 01-03-2016, 02:54 PM
Master Fan

That's awesome. Well deserved. I know they tried to make her out to look all disheveled but I found Rachel to be the hottest one on everlasting. I know I am biased but I saw right through the messy unkempt look.

Old 01-03-2016, 05:04 PM
Elite Fan

That's me on Monday morning.