Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2004, 05:15 PM
New Fan

is this ever going to be shown in canada?
*Ames* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 05:16 PM
New Fan

oh yeah, when is it coming out on dvd???????
*Ames* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 05:25 PM
Master Fan

hey ames [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2004, 03:34 PM
Ultimate Fan

Does anybody know when "A Time for Dancing" is coming out on DVD??
ScorpioGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 01:49 PM
Loyal Fan

I've been looking around for some good ATFD discussion, but I can't seem to find any... *slight spoiler ahead*

I just saw the movie and I have to say I'm extremely disappointed. It was a total disgrace to the book, changed so much that the story was not nearly the same. I thought the production looked cheap, the music was cheesy (except for the non-dream dance sequences, the only parts I really enjoyed), and character development was messy and pretty much useless. I cringed at a lot of it and had to fast forward some, especially the scene with Jules and "Eli" having sex. That was, in a word, stupid. This story is much more introspective in the book, and the movie fails to do that with the corny voice-overs by Sam.

I don't know why Davida Wills Hurwin ever signed the rights over with a script like that representing her wonderful book.

[ 02-15-2004: Message edited Kate6058 ]
Kate6058 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 02:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Kete. I'm so sorry that you did'nt enjoy the movie. Cause I would say that there are a lot of more dance film that I would not recommend to anyone either.
Centerstage is one of them. I don't know why that was released nationwide. The dance sequence was good but the acting was really sucky and the writing was like a the bad dance verision of American in Paris and Dirty dancing.
But whoever wrote the screenplay for A Time For Dancing. was not at fault too. cause it was not meant to follow the direction of the book. The movie WAS adapted from the book. NOT a replica for the book. Otherwise why will we have the movie when we have the book already. As for Sam's voice over that you deemed corny.
Sorry but I don't feel the same way. Shiri's voice over of Roswell is what we were drawn to the show.
I will watched and even buy this movie because of that and because I want a break from all the crappy movies that was being shown on screen lately. because right now there's only two theme that Movie sells in the big screen. SEX and Violence. I'm tired of this and I want some good clean fun movie that still encompassed family values, Art and friendship. Maybe the movie might sound corny but
for me it's a breath of fresh air.

Especially if that fresh air has Shiri Appleby in them.
[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
siopao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 09:37 PM
Supreme Fan

Do ya think it'll be release in Australia! i'm dying to see this film.
Old 02-16-2004, 06:27 AM
Master Fan

i'm dying to see that in france [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2004, 06:47 PM
Loyal Fan

I missed the movie on Showtime, so I don't have an opinion on it, but I hope it comes out soon enough around here so I can just buy it and watch it lol