Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Shiri's Talent #1 - Discuss your favourite Shiri scenes from TV and Movies

The idea for this thread just popped into my head.

While we admire Shiri's class and beauty, we don't have a thread for her acting and acting is her profession by choice.

So, thinking about that, is there a scene or a moment where you just went, 'wow, that girl's good!'

Feel free to discuss anything that involves her acting. People she's acted with, people you want her to work with and so on.

For me, the moment that popped into my head was from 'Carjacking'. She was amazing in that. I love how she juggled everything perfectly in the beginning and still managed to make it fresh and real.

The beautiful, Shiri Appleby.
Icon - evangelin
Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:38 PM
Master Fan

Great idea for a thread Mir.

A personal favorite for me was Shiri in the episode Cry your name from Roswell. She was in the acting zone during that whole episode. I totally felt like I lost a best friend. I felt every emotion she was going through. When she was sitting at that table in the crash down looking at those photos and trying to solve Alex’s mysterious death and suddenly the delivery guy knocked on the door, as she was hysterical crying completely won me over. I had a total wow that girl's good moment. At that very moment I totally forgot that she was acting. I thought it was completely real. I wanted to jump in my TV and comfort her and help her solve the mystery. I knew from the pilot that she was going to be going places but in that episode it completely sealed the deal.

4/29/06 was the greatest day of my life and one that I will never forget. Thank you Shiri.

You're adorkable!! - Hell on Heels
EARLBNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ ^ I agree! Shiri was absolutely terrific in that episode. She owned it.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

It might be easier to say what Shiri doesn't do when she is playing a role. Shiri doesn't over dramatize the role by raising her voice or over reacting to the scene. She plays the role like a person living that life would react. She does such a good job at it that you think the person you see is real and not just a actor playing a role.

Shiri did such a great job of acting in Roswell that no one else could ever play the role of Liz Parker and be believed. Roswell has been off the air as a series for what, five years, but Roswell and Shiri are still building and keeping a following to this day. When I loan a friend my set of Roswell DVD's they will come back and say how could they have missed seeing it when it was first on the air.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with you Lee.

I really like her in Carjacking. I know it was a short film but it's one of my favorite things by her. That woman can really multi-task!

Icon - evangelin
Old 05-01-2007, 12:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

I love Shiri in "Thrill of the Kill" her performance was so good.
..::Lourdes::.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That was good! That scene where he grabs her and slams her onto the bed...

Icon - evangelin
Old 01-15-2014, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Shiri has definitely come a long way since Roswell, I've always thought she's a good actress, but her acting in Law & Order SVU was extremely good, especially because certain scenes were so emotional and intense.

She was amazing on Life Unexpected as well and I also really liked Shiri on Girls, it may not be my favourite show, but she did a really great job.
broken melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:49 AM
Master Fan

I have an endless list of favorite scenes. Shiri makes the most of what she has to work with. She makes any bad TV show/movie worth watching. ITA about Law and Order SVU. This was not an easy role to play. How do you turn it on and then turn it off and go home? Anyone can memorize lines but to make you believe what they are saying and become the character they are playing is not easy.

Here are 2 that come to mind.

Roswell – Cry Your Name When Shiri had to cry it looked so realistic. It did not seem staged at all. Sometimes I watch people cry and they make me laugh because it looks so fake and so staged. I felt her pain and every emotion.

Girls- On All Fours After that graphic scene Shiri says to Adam that she did not like that. I totally felt it. I wanted to jump inside my TV and go after Adam for doing that. You need to treat Natalia/Shiri like a princess. She put it all out on the line. Unlike some of the other cast members on that show who do whatever they can to hide from the cameras during/after sex. she was brave. The whole world was watching. This was not some PG sex scene.

4/29/06 was the greatest day of my life and one that I will never forget. Thank you Shiri.

Old 01-15-2014, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

SVU must have been a challenging role for Shiri

I agree about Cry Your Name, that scene of Liz looking at Alex's photos and basically breaking down crying, was really intense. Shiri's acting was amazing there .

Shiri was very brave doing that scene on Girls I'm glad she felt comfortable enough to do the scene.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:46 PM
Master Fan

Shiri is more then just the girl next door she is multitalented. There is nothing she can't do. If she puts her mind to it she can do it. Anything except singing. Shiri has said she's tone deaf.

Old 01-15-2014, 04:30 PM
Elite Fan

Liz Parker will always be my baby, but she killed it on SVU or Girls.

Last edited by Amaranto; 01-15-2014 at 05:18 PM
Amaranto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARLBNY (View Post)
Shiri is more then just the girl next door she is multitalented. There is nothing she can't do. If she puts her mind to it she can do it. Anything except singing. Shiri has said she's tone deaf.
I remember her singing along to Starship when she was on Life Unexpected.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:43 AM
Total Fan

I loved her character on Life Unexpected.......especially the scenes with Kerr. She nailed her character and every situation she was in.......especially when they lost their baby.
keepsmiling7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:19 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepsmiling7 (View Post)
I loved her character on Life Unexpected.......especially the scenes with Kerr. She nailed her character and every situation she was in.......especially when they lost their baby.
That is true
icon by
Impossible Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top