Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2015, 09:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniElky (View Post)
EARLBNY that sounds awesome! I would love to do something like that once The best I've ever done is 4th row at an 'nsync concert
It was a once in a lifetime thing. It was beyond awesome. Most of the shows I go to I am either sitting or standing behind someone taller then me.

When I go to GA shows I usually get to the venue early and camp out with my friends. I am on a 1st name basis with everyone that's standing front row at a NYC Counting Crows concert. The Crows are one of my all time favorite bands. Back in October I saw 3 of the members of the Crows play a free show in NYC. They do it every year. It's part of the CMJ music festival. They host the Outlaw Roadshow. The venue they play at is super tiny and if your front row your practically on the stage. I had to move out of the way to let the band on and off the stage. When I took a pic with my phone I could not get a full body shot because I was too close.

4th row at an 'nsync concert is cool. That must have been a hard ticket to get your hands on. Most of the bands I listen to are not as popular. So it's easier to get tickets.

The 4 remaining members of the Grateful Dead are getting back together for 3 shows this summer. It's the bands 50th anniversary. Grateful Dead fans decorate envelopes with amazing art to get mail-order concert tickets. That's how they did it back int he day before the internet. So many people sent in letters they broke the post office. They are sending out tons of rejection letters. Fans of the Grateful Dead who call themselves Dead Heads would follow the band across the country and go to every single show. The band never had commercial success yet despite all of that became the biggest touring band in the country.

That bumper sticker that said "What A Long Strange Trip It's Been" from the final scene of Roswell was a reference to a Grateful Dead song.

For Grateful Dead’s Final Shows, Long, Strange Trip Ends in Sea of Mail - WSJ

4/29/06 was the greatest day of my life and one that I will never forget. Thank you Shiri.

You're adorkable!! - Hell on Heels
Old 02-23-2015, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Eric, that put me in mind of an episode of Grimm titled "The Ungrateful Dead"

How excellent that you got to experience the VIP treatment at that concert!

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 02-23-2015, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Didn't even know about that bumper sticker reference! That's awesome.

And that really sounds like a great time. 'nsync is the only concert experience I've ever had like that, the other bands I like are definitely less popular than they were I only got 4th row because back then they did the wristband draw, and I got drawn first.

I just noticed that this board is green when I'm at work, and at home it shows up grey/lilac coloured weird

Old 02-23-2015, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

Happy new week all!! The worst (Monday) is almost over

Fiona💭
Old 02-23-2015, 11:24 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniElky (View Post)
Didn't even know about that bumper sticker reference! That's awesome.

And that really sounds like a great time. 'nsync is the only concert experience I've ever had like that, the other bands I like are definitely less popular than they were I only got 4th row because back then they did the wristband draw, and I got drawn first.

I just noticed that this board is green when I'm at work, and at home it shows up grey/lilac coloured weird

that's weird. It's always green for me.
icon by
Old 02-23-2015, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Me too .. it's a celery green surround with olive drab headers.

I'll bet the grey/lilac is pretty!

Old 02-23-2015, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't even clue in until today - I always see it as green except on my laptop. Bizarre!

Old 02-23-2015, 12:29 PM
Moderator Support Team

it's bizarre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -x-Lilac-x- (View Post)
Happy new week all!! The worst (Monday) is almost over
same to you
icon by
Old 02-24-2015, 07:29 AM
Master Fan

This is the song from the Grateful Dead that was quoted in the final episode of Roswell. Every High School yearbook in America has used this quote since the song was released. I am not sure if you can handle a 20+ minute live version of Truckin that takes you on a roller coaster ride from start to finish. Instead I am going to post a studio version with lyrics and cool psychedelic pics. The Dead were known for being hippies and having Dancing Bears and the Skeletons and Roses as various logos on Tie Die tee shirts. the fans aka Dead Heads followed the band like a religion. The band was around from 1965-1995. In 1995 Jerry Garcia died. He was one of the bands guitar player and singer. He along with the band is in the Hall of Fame. Sorry in I am boring you with my weird music.

4/29/06 was the greatest day of my life and one that I will never forget. Thank you Shiri.

Last edited by EARLBNY; 02-24-2015 at 07:37 AM
Old 02-24-2015, 09:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Surprise! I have snow!

Old 02-24-2015, 10:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutesse (View Post)
Surprise! I have snow!
Me too. Only a little though but still.... Snow!

Fiona💭
Old 02-24-2015, 12:14 PM
Moderator Support Team

Do you have a lot snow, Sherry?
icon by
Old 02-24-2015, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

EARLBNY that's not weird! I like some 'weird' stuff too Thanks for that.

And happy snow to you guys We keep getting snow here, then it turns brown and gloppy, then it melts away, then it comes back again. I'm so over it.

Old 02-24-2015, 06:25 PM
Master Fan

I am so over the snow. Right now its cold and slushy and icy all at the same time.

Makes me feel better that I am not the only weird one.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Nope

Hope everyone's having a good Wednesday, I'm super excited because next week the forecast creeps up one degree everyday until it hits 0 by the end of the week! Patio time!!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread