Master Fan

Pizza My Heart, Shiri's ABC Family Movie, Airs 7/24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ana julia
Hey, better times will come soon.

By the way, while waiting...
Original Movies:
PIZZA MY HEART
Premieres Sunday, July 24 (7:00 – 9:00 PM ET/PT)
A modern day Romeo and Juliet set in the town of Verona, New Jersey. Because of a family feud dating back to the old country, the Prestolanis and the Montebellos have taken to extremes their fight over who has the best pizza. The situation is about to come to a head when Joe Prestolani meets Gina Montebello and they begin a secret romance. Will the families be able to survive this union or will their pizza empires flop? Starring Michael Badalucco and Shiri Appleby, directed by Andy Wolk and executive produced by Jane Goldenring.

Quote:
Plot Summary for
Pizza My Heart (2005) (TV)

Wonderful story of two Italian families who own competitive pizza restaurants and have had an ongoing family fued since long ago in the 'old country'. The son and daughter of each opposing family fall in love, but not without strong disapproval of their parents. Funny and often touching, this is a pleasant Romeo and Juliet style story with a happy ending. It takes place in modern day Verona, New Jersey.

Summary written by Anonymous
IMBD's listing

Quote:
Pizza Wars news...but no cast mention.

Downtown businesses enjoy watching Hollywood in action
BY FRED BATISTE

Daily Star Staff Writer

There have been a few inconveniences, but Crescent Bar co-owner Dickie Brocato said Thursday the crews and action that turned a section of West Thomas Street into a movie set this week have not been a major headache.

Filming of the ABC Family movie "Pizza Wars" took place along West Thomas in downtown Hammond Wednesday and Thursday.

"Last night, it seemed like a regular day. Customers seemed to find a way to get here and found it a little entertaining across the street," Brocato said.

The crews blocked off West Thomas from its intersection with Railroad Avenue to North Oak Street during filming, with barricades lining the parking spaces along the street. Officials said traffic flowed smoothly for most of the duration of the filming, with congestion in the area coming Wednesday with railroad repairs and Thursday when traffic was diverted due to weather-related accidents on Interstate 12.

Brocato said there was a slight drop in business Wednesday night until crews finished working. Crew members came over to the Crescent to shoot pool and have a drink. The bar bustled with people Thursday, as extras used the bar as refuge from the rainy weather.

"The extras came in and hung out. They were not drinking beer, but Cokes and Sprites. This is probably more business than I'd have this time of day anyway. Overall, they're pretty nice people," he said.

Helen Addison, administrator of The Strawberry Patch and central office of Hammond Strawberry Fields, said the movie-making has not really interfered with their business. Parking became more difficult during filming, but clients and customers usually park at Cate Square and use a rear entrance to the building.

"It hasn't been an inconvenience, if nothing else for employees, parents coming in for meetings and people with applications. But the benefits of the majority of the people outweigh any shortcomings," she said.

Watching crews and actors work has been an experience, Addison said. She and her staff were surprised at the components needed to shoot scenes and the number of people involved to make it happen. The filming was a good opportunity for younger people to see the different jobs needed on a movie set. It also provided a subject of discussion in her office Wednesday as actors rode bikes in one scene.

"Somebody in here discovered they had doubles doing that. Someone else said no they don't, but then they came to the realization that they were doubles," she said laughing.

Officials with the ABC Family movie spoke to business owners prior to filming and told them what would happen, Brocato said. They told them what to expect with filming and were understanding of their needs. A group currently filming a movie on Elvis Presley in Hammond also stopped by and told owners about filming today.

"They assured me by 3:30 p.m. or 4 p.m. today they'll be out the way, so they won't affect our customers," he said.

Kathy Stuart, executive director of the Hammond Chamber of Commerce, said the recent upswing in filming is something the city is hoping for. Many members of the crew for "Pizza Wars" were in town last summer for "Ray," and told officials Hammond is an easy place to work in because of its downtown area and cooperation from city officials.

"We'll continue to put our best foot forward and try to draw them to Hammond. We're one of the few places left in the state with a viable downtown. We were competing against the Houmas and Donaldsonvilles, who have a lot of personality," Stuart said. "If we keep doing what we're doing, we'll keep getting movies."
© Hammond Star

Quote:
A blurb from 'The FutonCritic'

PIZZA WARS (ABC Family, New!) - The cable channel has greenlit production on a new telefilm which puts a contemporary spin on "Romeo and Juliet" by relocating the classic tale to rival pizzerias in Verona, N.J. No casting or producing details were given however about the project, which is targeting a second quarter 2005 air date.

I fell into those eyes and haven't found my way out.... Please... Don't send help.

Last edited by bigspam; 05-20-2005 at 05:14 AM
Old 03-17-2005, 08:40 AM
Passionate Fan

Hey, thanks very much for the new thread!
Old 03-17-2005, 09:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
BC Family Returns to Its Core
January 28, 2005
By Megan Larson

In the way that Food Network or National Geographic Channel aims to appeal to people’s passion for cooking or adventure, ABC Family president Paul Lee wants his network to speak to viewers’ love of family, in all of its manifestations.

In doing so, Lee hopes to redefine what “family” means on TV, through a raft of new original programming that includes a reality series, Back to School; a made-for-TV movie, Pizza My Heart; and the network’s first drama series, Beautiful People, which is close to being finalized with producer Sony Pictures Television.

These shows and others recently rolled out by Lee—Looks of Love and Las Vegas Garden of Love—reflect the loud and crazy modern family life that Lee wants to show on the network. “Let’s throw away that notion of the ’50s family, and embrace the contemporary family with all its humor, passion and dysfunction,” he said.

Beautiful People, for example, is a one-hour drama about a mom recently abandoned by her husband. She moves her two teen daughters to New York from New Mexico so one can take advantage of a scholarship to a private school. Life in the big city will be predictably tough, but at its core, explained Lee, Beautiful People is about three women in transition and how they each make it work within the family unit.

Much like its theatrical namesake, Back to School follows three parents who never went to college but join their kids during freshman year, moving into their dorms. Another family-focused series is the previously announced Garden of Love. In this reality series premiering March 21, an extended family runs a Las Vegas wedding chapel. Finally, Pizza My Heart is a Romeo and Juliet update featuring the Prestolanis and the Montebellos, two family pizza empires in New Jersey.

Original programming is not a new area for ABC Family, but what sets this latest slate of shows apart is that most of these series are brand-focused. They all revolve around family. One positive sign for the new slate is that Brat Camp, one of the first series to launch under Lee’s watch, is performing better in household ratings, delivering 917,000 viewers over three episodes, than the net’s earlier attempts at reality, including Switched Up or Perfect Match.

One thing is clear: ABC Family is in a much better place than when The Walt Disney Co. bought the network from News Corp. in 2001.

“They had some tough sledding trying to find a niche at first, but it has served them well to go after an older audience,” said Brad Adgate, senior vp/director of research for Horizon Media. “They have had some really healthy ratings increases for a fully distributed network.”

“Where ABC Family was all over the place when it was acquired, it seems that they are getting their act together in terms of figuring out what they stand for,” said Tom Weeks, associate director at Starcom Entertainment. “I think that mirroring today’s very different types of families is interesting positioning.”

Due to the growing popularity of its original movies, culminating with December’s Snow, which delivered 4 million total viewers, and the acquisition of Gilmore Girls and Smallville last October, ABC Family gained some traction with its target demo of adults 18-34. Last year, ABC Family delivered its largest-ever prime-time audience of adults 18-34 (221,000) and 18-49 (481,000).

During last year’s upfront, ABC Family promised advertisers more originals, better acquired programming and solid tent-pole events. The network increased its upfront revenue 20 percent and delivered on its goals, said Tricia Wilbur, senior vp of ad sales and promotion.

This year, she believes ABC Family will build on that strategy. (According to Nielsen Monitor-Plus, ABC Family pulled in $227.4 million from January–November, 2004.)
word

I fell into those eyes and haven't found my way out.... Please... Don't send help.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:34 AM
Passionate Fan

word?

You going hip/hop on us Spam?

Great articles Spam. Thanks!
Old 03-17-2005, 11:08 AM
Master Fan

Thanks Spam for the thread and news on Pizza My Heart.

EARLBNY

4/29/06 was the greatest day of my life and one that I will never forget. Thank you Shiri.

You're adorkable!! - Hell on Heels
Old 03-17-2005, 11:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr G
word?

You going hip/hop on us Spam?

Great articles Spam. Thanks!
It wouldn't let me post only the quote without posting a word with it... so I did!

Old 03-17-2005, 12:09 PM
Loyal Fan

ugh no don't air it on ABC Family? All their made for TV Movies never get released on dvd like celesite in the city with majandra. I would love to have that one on dvd too but ABC Family will never release their tv movies on DVD
Old 03-17-2005, 01:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

well you can get Celeste in the city from MAD online, that's how i was able to download it, so maybe a fan of Shiri will put this movie (among others made for TV) online so the rest of us can see it
Old 03-17-2005, 11:00 PM
Supreme Fan

THis movie sounds a lot like a movie that came out 2 years ago that I saw at a film festival. Like exactly like it.........
GO TO
Matt CzuchryBoard|Roswell Board
Old 03-18-2005, 02:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for all the info, Spammy. The movie doesn't sound all that interesting to me because it's not really my thing but I'm excited to watch because of Shiri.

The beautiful, Shiri Appleby.
Icon - evangelin
Old 03-18-2005, 08:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda Leigh
Thanks for all the info, Spammy. The movie doesn't sound all that interesting to me because it's not really my thing but I'm excited to watch because of Shiri.
You don't like Romeo and Juliet stories?
I'm a guy and even I like them... Of course, having Shiri in one will only add to my need to see it.

Old 03-18-2005, 08:08 AM
Master Fan

Can't wait for this movie
Old 03-18-2005, 01:52 PM
Addicted Fan

I have see a Movie just like that too

Its called "Love is all there is" (Angelina Jolie is in it)

it sounds kinda silly but i would only watch cause of Shiri
other then that its been done before.
Old 03-18-2005, 02:06 PM
Banned

Everything in Hollywood has been remade at least twice.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obas
Everything in Hollywood has been remade at least twice.
That is the truth.

Spammy - Sure, I love Romeo and Juliet as much as the next person. Just not when it runs about pizza shops. Sounds silly.

The beautiful, Shiri Appleby.
Icon - evangelin
Closed Thread   Post New Thread