Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2007, 03:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG that sounds so familiar! Eeek! Now it's going to drive me crazy until I figure it out.

The beautiful, Shiri Appleby.
Icon - evangelin
Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:14 AM
Passionate Fan

I know Mir! Eric, I swear I've seen the music video for that song.

A Father is a man who keeps photos where he used to keep his money
Mr G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Miranda- (View Post)
OMG that sounds so familiar! Eeek! Now it's going to drive me crazy until I figure it out.
Sorry Mir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr G (View Post)
I know Mir! Eric, I swear I've seen the music video for that song.
I know I would stump you? If you do know by all means please let me know so I can finally get some sleep at night.

4/29/06 was the greatest day of my life and one that I will never forget. Thank you Shiri.

You're adorkable!! - Hell on Heels
EARLBNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:31 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARLBNY (View Post)
The only line in the song I know goes something like this. What makes the world spin round and round. Or what makes the world go round and round.
makes me think of the "rogue traders." maybe it was a cover....just 'cause it's a very drum driven band....but i say cover because it's not a bloke singing it in the rogue version....weird british band, though, dunno if i like 'em or not....if it's not that....then i dunno

Quote:
I have close to 2000 CDs.
holy christ....i'm gonna go count this weekend....but i don't think it's fair because i have a lot of discs from unsigned artists (worked at music store for six years and have a band, ie everyone gives me their demo and/or album) and IER bootlegs....dunno if i can count those

Quote:
At least they play music at your job. I am a complete music nut. I love music however I can’t stand top 40 radio.
yeah, i didn't want to name it....because i try to be as politically correct as i can about 'music that i don't like' versus 'music that i think is bad'....so yeah, i hate having top 40 on all day long (no offense to those whom enjoy it, most of those artists DO have talent, just not my cup o' tea as far as 'timeless' music)....can't use my mp3 player because i have a headset on one ear and my bluetooth in the other (demolition contractor) but somehow that freakin music overpowers them both....but at least we watch the news at 5am and at noon....california is burning down!!!!

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Suess
Color Me Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Color Me Blue (View Post)
makes me think of the "rogue traders." maybe it was a cover....just 'cause it's a very drum driven band....but i say cover because it's not a bloke singing it in the rogue version....weird british band, though, dunno if i like 'em or not....if it's not that....then i dunno

holy christ....i'm gonna go count this weekend....but i don't think it's fair because i have a lot of discs from unsigned artists (worked at music store for six years and have a band, ie everyone gives me their demo and/or album) and IER bootlegs....dunno if i can count those

yeah, i didn't want to name it....because i try to be as politically correct as i can about 'music that i don't like' versus 'music that i think is bad'....so yeah, i hate having top 40 on all day long (no offense to those whom enjoy it, most of those artists DO have talent, just not my cup o' tea as far as 'timeless' music)....can't use my mp3 player because i have a headset on one ear and my bluetooth in the other (demolition contractor) but somehow that freakin music overpowers them both....but at least we watch the news at 5am and at noon....california is burning down!!!!
I have never heard of the rogue traders so I am going to have to check them out. The song I am thinking of is an acoustic sounding song which reminds me of the bands Toad the Wet Sprocket or World Party or even the Wallflowers. There is however a part towards the end of the song where the chorus is sung while only the drums are playing and then the rest of the band kicks bank in to end the song.

I have always wanted to work at a music store. I eat breath and sleep music. I love discovering new music before commercial radio catches on. No disrespect to top 40 radio or anyone that listens to it but it is also not my cup of tea. The most top 40 band I listen to is the Counting Crows who aside from a handful of hits are not that radio friendly. Anyone that makes music has more talent then I will ever have. Even though Shiri has said she is completely tone def she probably 100X more talented then I will ever be.

Walkaways
By The Counting Crows

Gotta rush away she said
I've been to Boston before
Anyway, this change I've been feeling
Doesn't make the rain fall
No big differences these days
Just the same old walkways
Someday I'm going to stay, but not today..

4/29/06 was the greatest day of my life and one that I will never forget. Thank you Shiri.

Old 05-11-2007, 11:52 AM
Passionate Fan

I thought maybe it was something from "Enuff Z'Nuff" - but if it is it wasn't on their album.

I'll keep looking

Old 05-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I thought maybe it was something from "Enuff Z'Nuff" - but if it is it wasn't on their album.

I'll keep looking
Thank's Mr G. You Rock.

Old 05-11-2007, 06:33 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Thank's Mr G. You Rock.

IS there a line in the song..

"The kisses of the sun"

Old 05-11-2007, 07:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
IS there a line in the song..

"The kisses of the sun"
I am not sure. The only line I know is either What makes the world spin round and round. Or what makes the world go round and round. it's a happy song.

Old 05-12-2007, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

God it really is driving me crazy because I can kinda hear it in my head. *bangs ahead against wall*

Oh, what were the names of those songs used in those LLW youtube videos? I loved them but the videos have been removed.

Icon - evangelin
Old 05-12-2007, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Rogue Traders are an Australian band fronted by a former soapie star. They had a few hits here and also trying to make it big in the UK. Voodoo Child was their first single and that features a lot of drums ... os Rogue Traders Official Site
Just Peachy. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks JP!

Icon - evangelin
Old 05-12-2007, 07:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Anytime I was quite surprised to see them mentioned here. Their music is ok, but they played it so much here that you can get a bit sick of it.
Just Peachy. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:59 AM
Passionate Fan

There was a euro-tech band that did a song in 2000/2001 called "Around the World". I think the band was called "A Touch of Class". They did a few versions of it - one was a folksy version with a drum break. This might be the song - unfortunately I haven't found an MP3 of it. Also it was used in a commercial - I can't remeber which one.

Old 05-12-2007, 10:49 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the info and help everyone. I know before we start a new thread we will solve my mystery.

Reply   Post New Thread