Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2011, 10:45 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Legally Sisters [Liz & Isabel] #1: Because they can't save Max without each other.

welcome to the 1st
LizParker + IsabelEvans
friendship thread

Because they can't save Max without each other.

With Liz and Max married and Max and Isabel sisters... technically, Liz and Isabel are sisters, too.

fans;
01. Kiss of Death
02. CristalBuddy

03. angelface211
04. GrhmLz
05. Cold Desert

Last edited by Artemis; 01-16-2011 at 09:53 AM
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:58 PM
Elite Fan

Can I be added?

There was a photo of Shiri with Katherine....I can't find it
Old 01-13-2011, 11:03 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Oh, I'd love a photo of them!

I was trying to find caps, but I don't remember episodes where they fully interacted.

I remember the episode with Max and Tess in NY. Nothing in the same shot of caps, and it's 1 a.m. so I'm not doing any photoshop, but maybe later.

Added!
Old 01-13-2011, 11:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Add me as well. Thanks for starting this. If I get time I'll look for caps tomorrow
Old 01-14-2011, 01:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You know, I remember Liz/Isabel being one of the interesting dynamics starting right at S1. I was always kind of indifferent to Isabel, as a character, but I found the 'tug-of-war' aspect from Isabel's end and being protective of her relationship to her brother and their secret - to be quite telling to the point where Liz/Isabel reached by the end of the series.

I think one of the most moving moments that I liked was from S1 when she stepped in to waitress for Liz, when Grandma Claudia was in the hospital, and then advised Max to go and see how she was doing.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
GrhmLz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:50 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Added you, Nat.

OH!!! Great point about that episode.

And I love what you said about their dynamic. I've always been interested in a relationship between these two. Isabel's my favorite, and her relationship with the boys was easy enough to understand, but the other girls were complicated. And I always loved when they did interact.

Of course Isabel was off-putting in the beginning. Her brother was in love with this girl, not only that, but he risked himself and her because of this girl. But it took time for her to get passed it.

I remember the NY episode with them and Isabel, Michael, Liz in the episode with Brody holding everyone hostage. I just love the little things.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:03 AM
Elite Fan

That's something I remember too That Isabel would give Liz the cold-shoulder because she was a threat to them in her eyes. The slow development of trust was beautifully done too, very realistic because all sisters are like that.

It's so funny that we're all struggling to find images of them and it's almost like they've disappeared What the heck!
Old 01-14-2011, 09:14 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Which is strange ... but it's been some years.

I just tried googling and there's only cast pics, nothing just them.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:34 AM
Absolute Fan

oh a thread about Liz and Isabel!
what i like about them is the fact that Isabel wasn't the biggest Liz's fan at the beginning especially (but i understood why. Max and Michael were her family so her jealously toward Liz was understandable) yet she was totally team Liz
she started to respect her and when she said something positive about Liz or M&L it was even more valuable from her bc she couldn't be biased.
*Coccy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:41 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Great points about them.

Yes, when Isabel did say something nice, she meant it because she was in no way hiding her feelings about Liz and ML in the beginning.

More valuable!

Ah, makes me want to rewatch.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Add me please
{ max&liz #700
Kinda weird about that star, huh? Kinda sad...
It just doesn’t seem that something burning so bright could just…burn out.
#ROSWELLBACK
Cold Desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ya I know what you all mean. I remember not really understanding why Isabel was such a bitch in the beginning but it really makes sense. Liz and everyone else was a threat to her to losing her family and that was the only thing that mattered to her so it makes sense for her to act the way she did. And you know it had nothing to do with Liz as a person because she did do nice things for her that you wouldn't expect like stepping in to waitress for her while her grandma was dying. I always loved that.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Great points, everyone.

I think most of my indifference to Isabel came from S3 (not a big fan of that Season in general or with the character) but if I had to pick seasons with her that I prefer her in using my 20/20 hindsight - I do like S1's set up and dimension the best, with her character development moving along into S2 as well. As others pointed out in their own words, she put off this superficial/snobbish exterior in the beginning; however, there was definitely more than meets the eye there. Another really good Liz/Isabel moment is when Liz is pretty intuitive and hits Isabel's issue right on the head: In 285 South, they're on the road trip and make that convenient store stop. Liz tries to break some more of the ice by bringing Isabel that coffee, I believe it was, but then they have that awkward moment where Isabel turns and the liquid contents go flying all over both of them. Liz reassures her that she's not trying to take her brother away from her. Which I think is where Isabel's fears always truly lied: losing her brother and her family due to their secret being exposed. And Liz was that very real/believable 'threat' to her for a long time. Nice response back from Isabel, though, no words needed because Isabel kind of gives Liz her reassurance back when she dries Liz's clothes for her. Both were harboring their own fears regarding each other and I think a new foundation for them was set in that moment, even if they weren't going to be the best of friends at this point in time.

Oh, sorry, forgot to say before that you can add me.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
GrhmLz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree that Isabel's fears where in losing Max and Michael. Liz was a threat to that just by knowing the secret but more because Isabel knew that Max would risk everything to save Liz even if that meant exposing himself and that scared Isabel
Old 01-16-2011, 09:56 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Added!

GrhmLz (What's your name, I'm Jackie.), you have a great memory! Now I remember that episode. Yes, some great LI moments. It was definitely a good step for them.

Fear in the beginning was the thing keeping them on guard. So it was nice that throughout the series, they both were letting down the walls and letting it all go.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top