Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2011, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Journal Keepers {Liz Parker} #12: "The difficult part is when you follow your heart, you leave normal ..."

Welcome to the 12th
L i z P a r k e r
Appreciation Thread

source

source

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by azure angel; 01-20-2018 at 07:29 AM
Old 11-22-2011, 01:35 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT!!
| Icon by MyLastDayWithoutYou |
Old 11-22-2011, 01:41 PM
Absolute Fan

TFTNT!

since i posted those in the last page i repost my reply in the new thread
we were talking about Liz's clothes and changes in s3

Quote:
I don't understand why they feel the need to make a scene that explain some things but then they remove it.

To be honest the only different clothes that i remember them wearing (and i watched season 3 many times) were the ones in Busted (*and even those weren't too much for me. It's not like she started showing her boobies and they had tattoos and piercings )
In all the other episodes their clothes were pretty "in character", normal and simple and not so different from before.
Max's new jacket is the only new thing that i remember noticing.
I think that Max had like 3 t-shirts that he did wear in all the seasons The olive one in particular.. he was fond of it or something like that lol (was that the t-shirt he was wearing when he healed her? they seem all the same to me) as for his hair.. Jason was working in a movie where he needed to have his hair like that (it was a bit lighter too) i guess that it's the reason of why he cut it in "Control".

I don't see in Liz the kind of radical change that i saw in Maria in season two, i didn't see her being so "sexed up"
They just gave her something prettier and more realistic to wear because after all they're teenagers and after all.... she's pretty.

posting some pics for fun

This is the only scene i remember her wearing something a bit sexy (compared to the rest at least)

Her top isn't shorter than the one she was wearing in season 2 when Sean teased her about it. The skirt isn't near as short as some of the skirts that Maria was wearing in season two.
It's not too much for me.
Also, and this is my personal opinion, i always though that she has the best legs for a short girl, they're curvy.. feminine and not so skinny like the other girls (aside from Isabel)
Yet if you think about it she never showed them that much. I bet that in nowadays shows they would make her wear short skirts all the time

other examples of clothes that Liz was wearing in s3

(can i have her room please? )

(those stills .... i remember that i made one the first layouts of my blog with them i was so excited when i found the bigger versions )

just to make some examples... it's hard to remember what they were wearing in all the episodes because aside from the first episode for the most part there was nothing soo noticeable, at least for me.

I loved the t-shirt that she was wearing at the beginning of ch-changes
The black one with a cut on the arms. I used to have one similar but i gave it to a friend of mine because she liked it so much (i'm so good LOL).

here a pic where you can see it a bit

anyway
Liz= pretty without even trying
Max= hot regardless i admit it: when he's in the scene i don't look at his clothes so much.. other things distract me...

... and talking about her clothes what's your favorite that you remember her wearing? (in all the seasons)
Right now i don't know.. there're many that i liked.. (and some that i didn't like like the hideous "sofa jacket" she started to wear at one point in season 2) if i have to pick one of the more elegant dresses i always loved the one she was wearing in "Viva Las Vegas"
The red/bordeaux one that left her back bare. Simple but classy and feminine.

Last edited by Impossible Girl; 08-31-2015 at 01:35 PM
Old 11-25-2011, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I don't understand why they feel the need to make a scene that explain some things but then they remove it.
I've often wondered that myself - I've seen deleted things for movies before and it's the same thing, something that would have helped clarify things or made something 'better.'

In Roswell's case, the explanation probably would have improved things somwhat, but it probably wouldn't have changed my opinion regarding 'not liking the type of change.'

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 11-25-2011, 04:56 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, Max did wear the leather coat earlier on, but it wasn't so bad because then it was just a coat. In season 3, it was much more with the scruffy hair and the different kind of appearance all together.

I really liked the clothes Liz wore on season 3, but they were tighter and more revealing, I think. Can't really remember her season 2 wardrobe that well from the spot
Old 11-26-2011, 08:16 AM
Absolute Fan

the trends change too...

I thought that he looked hot but *as Max* i prefer the look from the rest of the season (after "Control" basically) because even when he still kept the leather jacket for a while the hairstyle made him look more like Max you know.
His clothes are always pretty simple, basic, neat.. especially compared to the other guys. The leather jackets really are the only "different" touch in his look the rest is always the same more or less.

Liz's clothes for the most part are a good compromise because even when was wearing some more revealing clothes they are never "too much" for me.
She also is a good example of the fact that just because a girl is simple and she doesn't wear ****ty clothes and heavy make up it doesn't mean that she has to look like a nun and she can't be feminine

Speaking about the dress from Viva Las Vegas that i was talking about:

Isabel's dress was in black leather.. a bit too much for my taste.. She doesn't look bad with it but it's a bit too much for a teenager.
Maria and Tess on the other hand ...I wouldn't wear that kind of dress (the shape, the fabric) if i were them... what Maria did with all the money they had?
although i like Maria's hair there.

Liz's dress was simple but what made it pretty and feminine is the kind of fabric and the way her back was left naked and only those tiny straps held the dress on her shoulders.

i like it
Old 11-26-2011, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I also think there is a difference between outfits that are 'fitting' and outfits that are 'revealing.' I don't care for 'revealing' but 'fitting' clothes can be stylish and not over the top. I think Liz wore alot of that in S1 and S2. S3 kind of mixed it up a bit, I would say.

I'm more critical of the personality shifts, the storyline directions, compared to the actual looks because they weren't all bad. It was really only the first episode of the season that blew me way in the 'looks' department and it was always more noticeable for me with Max especially ... everything down to his jacket, his hair, and the newe car to go along with it.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

Add me, please?

I adored Liz to bits, but then I loved everyone on the show!
Old 12-19-2011, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome! Heather will add you when she comes in
Old 12-20-2011, 04:53 AM
Elite Fan

Hey, and welcome!

What is your favorite Liz moment?
Old 12-20-2011, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyJenna (View Post)
Add me, please?

I adored Liz to bits, but then I loved everyone on the show!
Welcome to the thread. Adding you now.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
I also think there is a difference between outfits that are 'fitting' and outfits that are 'revealing.' I don't care for 'revealing' but 'fitting' clothes can be stylish and not over the top. I think Liz wore alot of that in S1 and S2. S3 kind of mixed it up a bit, I would say.

I'm more critical of the personality shifts, the storyline directions, compared to the actual looks because they weren't all bad. It was really only the first episode of the season that blew me way in the 'looks' department and it was always more noticeable for me with Max especially ... everything down to his jacket, his hair, and the newe car to go along with it.
I'm the same. I didn't care so much that the looks changed as the personalities did. That was the worst of it.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Exactly. I can't help it, whenever I look at S1 ML (and even S2) - and compare it to S3 ML - I feel like I am looking at two different TV couples and relationships. And I don't mean 'growth' or change due to experiences - I see a very clear transformation of personality traits that created different characters.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ya it was not a natural progression at all, it was too sudden of a change.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Regardless of who was right and wrong, and as much as I hated their separation from S2, the end with Tess changed things for me. I think Liz needed time to come to terms with things, and we should have seen the same from Max - after a FMax revelation to him. It was too soon to just throw them back together onscreen, I don't care if a summer had passed or not.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread