Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2008, 07:45 PM
New Fan

Hey There Guys!!!

Hello there...

I know it's been a long time so I wanted to drop in and say hello. I can't even begin to properly put into words my thanks and appreciation through the years. It has meant so much to me.

Okay, so here's what's been going on...

Right now, I am working on a little show called ER. I'm playing a new intern along with three other actors. We're having a blast. The cast and crew are so incredible. It's one the best sets I have ever been on. I can't wait for you all to see it. Me, a doctor? Who knew...

The reason I've been sort of MIA lately is that in March I got thrown off a horse and broke my pelvis. The horse wasn't in the best mood and I just started riding in November so I didn't have the skills to settle him down. So off I went. I'm okay now so no need to worry. I was surrounded by all my great friends and to be honest, I really loved the time at home. It was a treat to just stay in one place for a while.

Please check out the episode of Fear Itself I'm in with Brandon Routh - there isn't a nicer guy around. You'll have to check your local listings on this one. Not my speciality.

Other than that, I'm doing great. I'm planning on spending some time in New York this summer. If you have time check out Young At Heart - it's a documentary that I absolutely loved.

So again, many thanks for everything. You guys definitely know how to make a girl feel special!

Shiri
killercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:56 PM
Obsessed Fan

It's great reading a post from you.

I'm very sorry for your accident, I hope you have a fast recovery.

And congratulations on ER, I've always liked that show.

Last edited by ..::Lourdes::..; 06-10-2008 at 09:06 PM
..::Lourdes::.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Elite Fan

Welcome back to the forums Shiri. WOW! It's been a while! Sorry about your pelvis! Sounds like a terrible ordeal. Personally, horses scare me I wish you a speedy recovery

Will check out your recommendations and can't wait to see you in those roles

Did it take you long to recover?
4N6 DNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:07 PM
Passionate Fan

thanks Shiri - I knew you were out there.

ouch!!! a broken pelvis has to hurt a lot! Get well soon!

ETA: You know what they say about horses - you have to get back on

A Father is a man who keeps photos where he used to keep his money

Last edited by Mr G; 06-10-2008 at 08:27 PM
Mr G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:51 PM
Elite Fan

Shiri

So happy to see you on the boards and keeping us up to date on what's been happening. So sorry to hear about our pelvis. Hope you are feeling better.

Hope I get to work along side you again one day.

Best wishes
Jennifer
[Edward & Bella] [Rob & Kristen] [Tyler & Ally] [Max & Liz] [Nathan & Haley] [Sawyer & Kate]
Dreamer 4 Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Hi Shiri

It is so great to hear from you! Not sure if you remember me but me and my two friends Jen and Kristen were extras with you in your movie The Killing Floor.

Anyway I am glad to hear that life is treating you well! So sorry to hear about your accident. I am glad you are on the mend! I am glad that you had the love and support of family and friends around you to help you through the hard time!

Glad to know you are back to work! That is so awesome you got to work with Brandon Routh! I loved him in Superman Returns and I hear he is a sweetheart and an absolute joy in real life. So I will have to check out your episode of ER with him!

ER thats so cool! I mean it's ER! I am so happy for you and that you are having a wonderful time working again! It is great when you can get along so well with a cast! There is nothing better.

I will so have to check out the documentary Young At Heart when I am hanging out in New York City this summer. I hear it got some great reviews.

Anyway thanks for taking time out of your busy life to stop by and to think of us. That was very thoughtful and sweet of you!

Glad to hear you are on the mend! Rest up, enjoy your time in New York this summer, and keep up the great work! Wishing you the best in life always!

Love,
Erin
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 06-10-2008 at 09:15 PM
Roswell 10/2/00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Hi Shiri!

That sucks about your accident. I'm glad you're feeling better though. I can't wait to see you in ER. Of course you'd be hanging out in New York right when I move to Orlando lol. If you're ever in Disney World let me know!

Good Luck with everything and thanks for updating us!

Kristen
Old 06-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Shiri

Thank you so much for your message.

I can't wait to see you in ER ... I'm so excited for you!

Take care,

Bella
Just Peachy. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Shiri?! No way.

It's great to see you posting here! I'm glad you're well and healed up! And spending time in NYC this summer...awesome. No better city in the world.

I'm definitely looking forward to ER now!
Old 06-10-2008, 10:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Hi Shirri,

Glad to hear your doing fine...but not a cool way to get some experience in an ER. Now I really can't wait for ER to come back.

Never been on a horse, when I do, the first thing I'll do is to learn how to calm one down.

Please keep us up to date.
Di m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:59 PM
Loyal Fan

Hi Shiri,

I can't believe that you posted here. Thank you so much for your message. It's great to know that you're all better now and that your working on ER, I can't wait to see it

Thanks again and take care of you

Hope you'll post again someday...

Johanna
Old 06-11-2008, 01:41 AM
Loyal Fan

Hi Shiri,
So happy you posted,as you say its been a long time,you have so many faithful admirers and I can speak for us all, we know you are very busy but please post as much as you can, it means so much.
Sorry to hear of your accident,thank God it wasn't your neck!!!!
I like to think I must be one of your oldest fans at 63,but I'm still young at heart thanks in part to your wonderful portrayal of Liz in Roswell,your sensitive acting skills and the other actors in Roswell helped me recover after my wife passed away with cancer.I was numb, in a daze . I stumbled upon Roswell because of the signiture tune. Although the show was aimed at young adults I found it mature in many ways..I learned how to love again, and how to appreciate all life,I'm sure many others have been helped too.
I still watch Roswell from time to time...God bless.
Love, Tony.... UK
PS Here's a rose for you,I have just taken it so its nice and fresh,I recently planted 30 roses and this is the second one to come out,it has a delicate perfume, beautiful, I shall name it "Shiri Blush", hope you dont mind! as I lost all the original names!

And here is another named a while ago "Breathless Liz" with the help of JERO an OTO....

"You are the Stillness in which everything arises"
Eckhart Tolle.

Last edited by Softie; 06-11-2008 at 01:12 PM
Softie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 03:46 AM
Passionate Fan

ETA: I have to agree with Softie and thank heaven it wasn't your neck!

I hope it wasn't insensitive - I mean my remark about getting back on the horse. You prob'ly don't want to see another horse much less get back on one.

I also hope you don't mind me remarking that it is great - your being on ER. You were also in the premiere episode for this show and now you will have a place in the final season as well. I wonder... Will it be Doctor Murphy? Single mom as well as aspiring doc?

Please take good care of yourself - you will always be special to all of us.

Josef

Last edited by Mr G; 06-11-2008 at 05:17 AM
Old 06-11-2008, 05:20 AM
Master Fan

OMG I don’t know what to say other then thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to update all of your fans. You made my week.

I will be watching all of the above. Anything with you in it or recommended by you I am sure is a must watch. I think its funny how you had a bit part on the pilot episode of ER and now things go full circle and you are on the show again.

As a fellow New Yorker (Long Island to be exact) I have to say that NY is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Or as David Letterman’s announcer says it’s the greatest city in the world. It’s also the city that never sleeps. NY has the best Bagels and Lox and Pizza as well as every other food you can imagine. However they don’t have the best Sushi because that’s on Long Island in a little place called Nagahama which is located in Long Beach. :wink:

If you like to get-together in NY sometime I am available. I have an uncle that has tons of connections to restaurants and hotels. Not that you need to use my uncles connections with your fame. I also have an extra concert ticket to see the Counting Crows at Jones Beach on long Island during the summer.

I wish you all the best in life and hope you have a speedy recovery from your injury.

Eric

4/29/06 was the greatest day of my life and one that I will never forget. Thank you Shiri.

You're adorkable!! - Hell on Heels

Last edited by EARLBNY; 06-11-2008 at 05:57 AM
EARLBNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:58 AM
Passionate Fan

Thought I'd post this here. I hope this is the right doc. I've actually heard of these folks before. They hail from Northampton Mass.

Young At Heart:
Documents the true story of the final weeks of rehearsal for the Young at Heart Chorus in Northampton, MA, whose average age is 81, and many of whom must overcome health adversities to participate. Their music is unexpected, going against the stereotype of their age group, performing songs, for example, by James Brown, and Sonic Youth. Although they have toured Europe and sang for royalty, this account focuses on preparing new songs, not an easy endeavor, for a concert in their home town, which succeeds in spite of several real heart breaking events. Written by Fox Searchlight

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top