Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2011, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

I would have heard of it just cause I watch other shows on the CW and would have eventually heard about it
Old 03-27-2011, 10:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the add.

Truthfully it was Shiri that first brought me to Life Unexpected. I'm sure I would've eventually heard about the show as well, but I doubt I would've been such an avid fan from the beginning without Shiri. All in all the show itself was really fantastic. It was so different from anything else the CW had to offer that to this day the fact that it was cancelled still surprises me. I believe the CW made a huge mistake with doing that. The show may not have had the most viewers but in regards to quality and reviews it was much better than other series on the network. There isn't much anymore that draws me to the CW, after Smallville ends I don't what will make me want to watch the network.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:17 AM
Elite Fan

Well, I wouldn't have even heard of the show without Shiri. Since I don't live in US, I usually hear about really popular shows or shows that have my favorite actors/actresses in.
| Icon by MyLastDayWithoutYou |
Old 03-28-2011, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevotedFan_88 (View Post)
Thanks for the add.

Truthfully it was Shiri that first brought me to Life Unexpected. I'm sure I would've eventually heard about the show as well, but I doubt I would've been such an avid fan from the beginning without Shiri. All in all the show itself was really fantastic. It was so different from anything else the CW had to offer that to this day the fact that it was cancelled still surprises me. I believe the CW made a huge mistake with doing that. The show may not have had the most viewers but in regards to quality and reviews it was much better than other series on the network. There isn't much anymore that draws me to the CW, after Smallville ends I don't what will make me want to watch the network.
I completely agree. CW made the biggest mistake in letting the show go, just because it didn't have a ton of viewers didn't mean it wasn't a fantastic show. And we had a small but amazing fan base but all the network cares about is money
Old 03-28-2011, 10:47 AM
Elite Fan

And the network didn't even do very good job advertising it. I think that the show would have had a lot more viewers if it was advertised properly. Because the show was very good and would have interested a lot of people. The story was good and touching!
Old 03-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ya the network messed up in a lot of things with this show
Old 03-28-2011, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think that's a problem with alot of the networks nowadays. I watch other shows on networks like ABC and NBC and the fans have the same complaints when their favorites get cancelled or are in danger of being cancelled: The problem is that their system is too screwed up. Shows sometimes need a chance to grow a fanbase, to get recognition but the networks are filtering these shows in and out too quickly without giving them a real chance. I wish the networks would learn from this error because it's one of the number one reasons alot of their new shows don't make it in the new line-ups and that's because people know the pattern and the likelihood of some of these shows sticking around and making it past a S1 or S2.

And their hiatus system is for the birds too, stop putting shows on these LONG hiatuses that stretch for like 3 and 4 months. People have admitted that they forget or get de-invested after so long of a wait.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

I absolutely agree. It always amazes me how many new shows premiere and then disappear in no time at all, well before they have actually had any real chance of being established and get a fan base going. Life Unexpected was definitely a show that needed time to get developed and to settle in, but once it hit it's stride then it was a fabulous series. The second season was even better. There was so much story left untold that never got a chance to be uncovered. I really liked the last episode, but obviously a great deal happened during the years that were jumped over. I would've loved to see how the relationship between Ryan and Cate came to an end and how she came to be with Baze. I guess the show will forever remain one of those little gems that had so much potential, but was cut off before it got a chance to really shine.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Yes. It's sad, but now-a-days you have to consider yourself lucky/fortunate if your show even makes it to a S2. Mostly all the shows I watch are in danger of cancellation, from a S1 and a S2 standpoint - just one show (Fringe: FOX) recently made it past the threshold for a fourth season and I'm shocked because the ratings have been very bad (down where Lux's where at it's low points around 1.4 and 1.5).

And I agree about LUX. I'm still kind of baffled that the network let this show go so easily because by CW standards - the ratings were't that bad! I mean, some of the shows still sticking around were around the same, if maybe a tiny bit higher. So, sometimes I wonder if other decisions went into it.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And their hiatus system is for the birds too, stop putting shows on these LONG hiatuses that stretch for like 3 and 4 months. People have admitted that they forget or get de-invested after so long of a wait.
This is very true. For example, I am die hard Supernatural fan, but it's starting to get to me now that it's on hiatus the second time this year, and again the hiatus is at least four weeks long. I don't even remember what happened in the season, since they give us one episode and then four week break
Old 03-29-2011, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ya I could bitch about the spn hiatus too and I think this one is 6 weeks. I barely remember what happens in the show because of all the breaks. I hate it!
Old 03-29-2011, 03:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

I totally agree. For me it's Smallville. I've been watching every episode this season, even more so being it's the final one, and with all these breaks I'm having trouble remembering what all actually happened! I can't wait for it to get up and running again!
Old 03-29-2011, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, when V had it's first season, it premiered in like November with some pretty high ratings. But they only aired like four episodes and then it went on this long hiatus and didn't return to like the end of March/beginning of April of the next year. The ratings really dropped too! And V is only a midseason show, with like a half season's worth of episodes per season, so hiatuses definitely handicap a show.

Old 03-30-2011, 05:56 AM
Elite Fan

Of course, because people forget. If this was first season of for example spn, I probably wouldn't remember to back to it. It has been so long. I just want to know what are the networks gaining from this!
Old 03-30-2011, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pempees (View Post)
Of course, because people forget. If this was first season of for example spn, I probably wouldn't remember to back to it. It has been so long. I just want to know what are the networks gaining from this!
I think it's purely about money and profit. If you notice more and more, alot of networks will take full season shows and split it up with hiatuses so they can fit in other mid-season shows, try them out, by having them on for a bit before the regularly scheduled show returns. Also, they probably can't afford to have the shows run any longer than the 20-something episode order that they buy to produce a full season show. It's all about cutting back on whatever costs they can while still trying to make more money anyway possible. Quality has nothing to do with it!

Last edited by GrhmLz; 03-30-2011 at 03:42 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread