Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2021, 06:59 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold-steps (View Post)
Marvel We really need it

*Oprah voice* you get a spin off you get a spin off
Make it happen!
Old 02-05-2021, 06:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold-steps (View Post)
It coming to Netflix definitely helped!
Netflix definitely gave it a rebirth
Old 02-05-2021, 09:02 PM
Elite Fan

Yes! And introduced more people to the show.
gold-steps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 06:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It revived my own interest as well Which has been a beautiful experience
Old 02-06-2021, 07:54 PM
Elite Fan

For me too! I definitely have a new appreciation watching it now that I'm older.
Old 02-07-2021, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Definitely! There is so much I notice now that I probably didn’t appreciate as much when I was younger.
Old 02-10-2021, 08:26 PM
Elite Fan

Yes! It's really nice. I have a way different perspective on things watching it as an adult.
Old 02-13-2021, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

In some ways it was like watching the show again for the first time which is really cool
Old 04-10-2021, 05:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

We are ready for Book Two in our rewatch How would you like to approach it? How many episodes a week?
Old 04-10-2021, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

I think 3 has worked pretty well with the end of book 1 but what do you think?
Old 04-11-2021, 05:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I say we can try for three and see how it continues to work! I’m down for that

Let me top this thread
Old 04-11-2021, 07:13 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for doing that

Three sounds good! We can always shift if we change our minds.
Old 04-12-2021, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Absolutely! For now I’m excited to start the first three episodes this week
Old 04-12-2021, 08:31 PM
Elite Fan

Me too!
Old 04-14-2021, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I watched the first episode! So let me at least post that much before I post the others

The Avatar State

-Aang being afraid of the Avatar State is completely understandable. It must be terrifying to have that much power Especially to see it in action.

-Iroh being pampered like he deserves It sounds like his sea voyage with Zuko was horrendous And of course the season starts with Zuko brooding. It’s been three years since he was banished. Three years of wanting to go home and not being able to

-Daaamn Azula sure knows how to make an entrance. That conversation about the tides ALWAYS gets me and is a perfect introduction to who she is as a character.

-All that fanfare! The Gaang were treated like celebrities and Sokka and Katara didn’t seem to mind

-I can understand General Fung’s point of view which is likely the same perspective that many have. The war has been going on for sooo long and many are losing their lives every day. The Avatar State DOES seem like a quick and efficient way to end things and ending the war is exactly what everyone wants. So while I don’t love the plan, I can still understand it. And Aang can as well. I’m sure he always feels guilty about being such an unprepared kid during these times when that is the last thing everyone needs. Seeing all the ways in which they are trying to provoke the Avatar State was fun and useless Sokka with Momo’s head was...a sight to behold

-Azula being mad about one hair being out of place Nono she’s not intense or anything

-Iroh being a whole precious baby with those seashells.

-Azula giving Zuko, I mean Zuzu, all that false hope Iroh wasn’t buying it for a second, but I can understand why Zuko wanted to believe her and became resentful toward Iroh when he casted doubts. It was such a great episode for these two!

-Katara being afraid of the Avatar State because she knows Aang goes into that state when he is in a lot of pain and rage I like how Aang ultimately came to the conclusion that the Avatar State wasn’t the right course of action, but General Fung lost his damn mind and, while I get his desperation is intense, he went too far. Katara is QUITE the trigger for Aang. It was interesting learning about the Avatar State. I like that there is a danger to using it with the destruction of he Avatar cycle if killed. All that endless power had to come with a setback.

-The first battle we see between Zuko and Azula Iroh redirecting that lightning attack toward Zuko from Azula is great foreshadowing of the future! It was so symbolic to see them cutting their hair at the end. If Zuko thought it was tough to be going home before, he knows it’s essentially impossible now

-What a way to start the season

Edit: Here are the other two episodes!

The Cave of Two Lovers

This episode is so much fun! Such a legend! So I’m excited

-The octopus move seems really cool in waterbending All those arms are another form of attacking and defense! It was really cute to see Aang get all flustered and blush when Katara was fixing his position for him.

-I bet it feels really nice to float on a giant leaf Sokka and his underwear though

-I love the nomads! They’re so pure, and dumb, and sweet, and fun. Their songs are great I love them weaving flower crowns, and putting flowers in Appa’s hair.

-Iroh and the great tea vs. poison debate with the flower If there is any doubt then it is not worth it, sir And then there is Zuko who is not adjusting to the fugitive life at all.

-“I hate to be the wet blanket here, but since Katara is busy I guess it’s up to me.”

-“Is that real or a legend?” “Oh it’s a real legend.”

-SECRET TUNNEL, SECRET TUNNEL

-Iroh is a whole child for making that tea and then getting sick from it....but he is amazingly calm about the potential this his throat is closing up I love how Zuko, and the very tiny fish he caught, and Iroh both agree that facing the Earth Kingdom is better than facing Azula

-Poor baby Appa. First he’s getting fired at and then he is trapped underground which he hates I would hate it also.

-This is another episode of sensible Sokka being surrounded by idiots

-I love how Zuko gave himself the name Lee which is like the equivalent of giving himself the name Smith. He went as generic as possible. This episode was really such a special one for him because it started to really open his eyes to what the Fire Nation was doing to others. He had such a singular focus before, find the Avatar and restore his honor, but now he’s getting to know other people and he’s learning that they have been hurt in a way that’s similar to how he has been hurt.

-I don’t blame Appa for freaking out First he’s underground and then ugly wolfbat’s attack. He is not having a good day. Aang made sure nobody got hurt! Except for maybe Sokka’s sanity...that took a hit with him being trapped with the nomads

-The tale of how Omashu became a city was really cool to learn about!

-“Love is brightest in the dark.” But yeah Aang really has a classic case of foot in mouth syndrome Katara was essentially saying all he wanted to hear, and giving him all the warm fuzzies, and then he says the dumbest stuff and totally ruins the moment But luckily he got another chance at that moment and, even though we didn’t get to see it, he had his first kiss with Katara! Then the cave got all pretty!

-Zuko Stealing from that family that was just so kind to him. He is making ever so slight progress, but yeah. He’s still in his early days The fireflies in that scene were so pretty

-The earthbending badgermoles I love how they love music and that got them to calm down. The very thing Sokka was annoyed by the whole episode ended up being the thing that saved them.

-I was so happy for Appa when he finally got to leave those tunnels! And Momo telling Appa all about the adventure he had is the cutest thing ever

-Sokka’s forehead took quite the beating this episode

-Oh no, Omashu

Return to Omashu

-Understandably Aang wants to go see if Bumi is alright and, considering the circumstances, he is incredibly brave to do so!

-That secret passageway sewer thing is really convenient Poor Sokka It really was a disadvantage to not be an waterbender in that moment.

-Purple pentapus are adorable And their marks were used to fool the guards that Sokka had some kind of disease or virus. I feel triggered in these pandemic times

-Ozai’s Angels are coming

-Grumpy Mai has arrived! As well as her whole family and her father who is governing the city. We get to see her amazing skills pretty quickly. That girl can move

-The Royal Fire Academy for girls should also have it’s own show because I want to learn more about it.

-Ty Lee! She’s so happy! Living her best life! Her aura has never been pinker! And then Azula showed up with her not so casual threats because that’s how friendship works for her.

-Pentapox! It’s a smart tactic to get everyone safely out of the city. Also sad that not one person in charge wanted to help these people who they thought were sick. They just wanted to push them away.

-Aw poor Flopsy all chained up I’m happy Aang saved him.

-Azula putting Ty Lee in all that danger just to manipulate her into helping her with her mission. Well...it worked!

-Oh gosh Momo and the baby. That was a wild ride One where thankfully nobody got hurt! But thanks to Momo, and his hungry stomach, the Fire Nation thinks that there was a kidnapping.

-“Please tell me you’re here to kill me.” What a great greeting, Mai

-The City of New Ozai....has quite the ring to it

-The battles in this episode are so cool Seeing what Ty Lee can do, such a unique ability, and more of what Azula and Mai can do is so much fun. I love how Mai asked Katara how she would fight without her bending and Sokka swoops in all “I seem to manage”

-The ride through the mail system was quite different and way more terrifying this time! It’s interesting that Bumi, who is so fun and ridiculous, is capable of bending and freeing himself, but doesn’t. He has a plan. A neutral jing kind of plan I guess! And also more foreshadowing about metalbending! Earthbenders are trapped when surrounded by metal....for now

-Aang needs to find an earthbending teacher who waits and LISTENS before striking. Yes that will pan out well!

-Mai smiling at the thought of seeing Zuko

-Tom-Tom returned safe and sound

Last edited by pink velvet; 04-15-2021 at 08:13 AM
pink velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread