Old 01-22-2021, 08:48 PM
Elite Fan

I'll try to do it then too!
Old 01-24-2021, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Great! I didn't get to it yesterday So today it is
Old 01-24-2021, 08:57 PM
Elite Fan

Ooops I watched yesterday but totally forgot to post.

-Lol at Aang saying they booby-d right into the booby trap
-I forgot how much Sokka distrusted Aang at first. He was very protective over the tribe.
But I also love how quickly Katara latched onto Aang.
-I used to love Katara's hair loopies! I tried unsuccessfully to the them so many times
-Poor Sokka basically facing the fire nation ship alone. And when Zuko just kicks him to the side
-Oh Zuko thinking the Avatar is actually an old man
-Boomerang! And Aang on the penguin! And Aang sacrificing himself to save the southern water tribe.
-"you're just a child" "You're just a teenager"
-I forgot Zuko is the one who makes everyone realize Aang is the Avatar.
-Very cool of Gran Gran to let Sokka and Katara go out on their own. And yay they're flying on Appa.
-Even in episode 2 the fight scenes are very good.
-Lol as Sokka poking Zuko till he falls off the ship and at Iroh waking up from his nap having missed everything and finding a mess. That's what waking up and checking the news felt like for a little while last year
-The lighting is very pretty at the end scene with them on Appa. Very nice animation.
Old 01-25-2021, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Alright episode 2! Here I go

-The intro we all know and love has arrived. Phew

-Aang brought the village fun which they hadn’t seen in awhile, but “We can’t fight firebenders with fun.” Poor Sokka, always stressing about keeping his promise to his dad and keeping the village safe. He’s so wound up all the time.

-Love the juxtaposition of Sokka and Zuko readying for battle. On one hand you have Sokka with his face paint and the very basics getting himself ready. On the other hand you have Zuko who has others helping him put fancy armor on.

-More kiddie humor with Zuko falling and his helmet falling on his butt equipped with sound effects. Their way of making him seem less intense I guess

-The way Aang made sure to keep smiling while he went with Zuko until the villagers, mainly Katara, couldn’t see him anymore. Then his smile slipped. This brave kid

-Sokka calling Aang Katara’s boyfriend. They planted those seeds early

-I love how we finally got to see a happy and excited Sokka when Appa took flight

-Aang going all Avatar state for the first time after he hears Katara calling out for him!

-“I’m just a guy with a boomerang. I didn’t ask for all this flying and magic.” Sokka getting frozen to the ship courtesy of Katara But she also iced up some Fire Nation warriors so you go girl

-“They don’t like people riding them, but that’s what makes it fun.” No means no Aang! You can’t ride around on any animal you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold-steps (View Post)
-I forgot how much Sokka distrusted Aang at first. He was very protective over the tribe.
But I also love how quickly Katara latched onto Aang.
-I used to love Katara's hair loopies! I tried unsuccessfully to the them so many times
-Poor Sokka basically facing the fire nation ship alone. And when Zuko just kicks him to the side
-Sokka was NOT here for Aang and honestly who could blame him? This boy just popped out of the ice out of nowhere and then sent a signal flare up into the air. I would have been side-eyeing Aang a bit myself. But for Katara, I think Aang was a deviation from the status quo. He provided options for her which she never really had before in her life. He provided a way for her to actually learn waterbending. All good things!
-I hope your the hair loops worked out for you! How cute
-That image of Sokka and the ship always gives me chills. Like, he is incredibly brave! I don’t know what he thought he would accomplish by not moving out of the way, but there is no doubt at all that he takes his vows to protect the village seriously.

Quote:
-Even in episode 2 the fight scenes are very good.
-Lol as Sokka poking Zuko till he falls off the ship and at Iroh waking up from his nap having missed everything and finding a mess. That's what waking up and checking the news felt like for a little while last year
-The lighting is very pretty at the end scene with them on Appa. Very nice animation.
-The fights were great! Even with his hands tied, Aang was feisty! And really impressive that he cut himself free on a helmet while doing a flip And of course that first hardcore fight between Aang and Zuko
-I like how earlier in the episode, Zuko poked Sokka in the head three times and then the tables were turned. That’s karma right there
-The sky was gorgeous
Old 01-25-2021, 09:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Aang brought the village fun which they hadn’t seen in awhile
Aw they definitely needed some fun!

Quote:
Love the juxtaposition of Sokka and Zuko readying for battle. On one hand you have Sokka with his face paint and the very basics getting himself ready. On the other hand you have Zuko who has others helping him put fancy armor on.
Very good point! I didn't notice this.

Quote:
This brave kid
Aang was really brave going alone!

Quote:
Sokka calling Aang Katara’s boyfriend. They planted those seeds early
They did! His crush started right away!
Quote:
This boy just popped out of the ice out of nowhere and then sent a signal flare up into the air. I would have been side-eyeing Aang a bit myself. But for Katara, I think Aang was a deviation from the status quo. He provided options for her which she never really had before in her life. He provided a way for her to actually learn waterbending. All good things!
Really good points! I think Katara felt pretty isolated as the only waterbended and really wanted a way our to learn the skill.

I never got the hair loopies

Quote:
That image of Sokka and the ship always gives me chills
It's beautifully animated! And shows how loyal to the tribe Sokka is.
Old 01-26-2021, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Aw they definitely needed some fun!

Very good point! I didn't notice this.

Aang was really brave going alone!

They did! His crush started right away!

Really good points! I think Katara felt pretty isolated as the only waterbended and really wanted a way our to learn the skill.

I never got the hair loopies

It's beautifully animated! And shows how loyal to the tribe Sokka is.
They did! Far too much sadness

I’m not sure if I noticed either until this viewing But I really liked seeing how different they are.

He is braver than most adults I swear.

All he had to do was open his eyes and then he just

I don’t blame her for feeling isolated when I look at where she lived

Oh darn it!

Sokka is the most loyal
Old 01-26-2021, 07:55 PM
Elite Fan

yeah Aang was pretty much from the first time he saw her.

Yeah the Southern Water Tribe was really in the middle of nowhere. Plus all the cold and snow *shudders*
Old 01-27-2021, 06:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

He was done for it’s true

I would never want to visit there
Old 01-31-2021, 10:04 AM
Elite Fan

I don't think I would either

I'm going to rewatch 1x03 today I think.
Old 01-31-2021, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I had that same idea!

Here are my thoughts

-This episode was a heavy one It definitely took on a more emotional and intense tone than the first two.

-Aang was so excited to get to a temple. He didn’t realize what Katara was already worried about He still had hope that just because airbenders hadn’t been seen in awhile doesn’t mean they were killed. If only

-Zuko’s ship looks so tiny in comparison to the others I guess it is a good representation of how the Fire Nation currently views him as....small

-Commander Zhao has a face I want to punch

-Not Aang using the food to make a tasty smelling fire

-Sokka not caring about the amazingness of what is around him because he’s hungry. Relatable

-The airbending game seemed interesting! And just another nice added detail to the world building of ATLA.

-It’s sweet that both Katara and Sokka wanted to make Aang feel better. Doing so put Sokka in the way of Aang’s airbending and Katara’s waterbending Katara really is enormously protective of Aang. He needs to know the truth, but she’s not ready to see him in that kind of pain.

-So many past Avatars The room in the temple was a cool way to introduce the Avatar cycle and how it works.

-ENTER MOMO! Love the shadows of his ears and them mistaking those for a Fire Nation helmet Don’t eat Momo, Sokka!

-“Your own father doesn’t even want you.” Commander Zhao getting more punchable by the second. He’s trying to snatch the Avatar and find him before Zuko. The Avatar is really the only thing that has been keeping Zuko going. His purpose and his hope. He would never give it up without a fight.
“Have you forgotten what happened last time you dueled a master?”/“I will never forget.”
It was beautiful that Zuko both defeated Zhao and showed some honor by not going too far with his victory. Then Uncle Iroh, the best dad, protects Zuko when Zhao behaves like a sore loser. So many great things happening in that scene.

-When Aang finds the bones of Gyatso No longer was he the fun prankster making fun looking cakes. Aang was in so much despair that he went into the Avatar State. The whole world lit up and could see his pain my gosh And once again the person pulling him out of that state is Katara.

-“Sokka and I, we’re your family now.”

-Welcome to the team Momo! Him and Aang watching the temple disappear behind the clouds got me a bit emotional
Old 01-31-2021, 07:30 PM
Elite Fan

Yes this is definitely an emotional episode. I thought "poor Aang" so many times At least he gets some fun next episode!

-The air temple is so pretty! And being something that you have to fly to reach is a pretty good defense. Until the fire nation invents hot air balloons
-Aang and Gyatso had a great relationship! And the temple looks so pretty all thriving in that flashback. And all the cute flying bison.
-Momo is so cute! I can't believe Sokka wanted to eat him.
-Poor Zuko really was all alone while he was banished. And Zhao just pokes the bear and knows exactly what to say to Zuko to hurt him. Good foreshadowing with what happened to his scar.
-The scene where Gyatso died is pretty brutal Poor Aang. But I love Katara being the one to bring him back and the found family trope there! They bonded so fast!
-The agni kai must have been so triggering for Zuko but he still wins honorably. Iroh looks like a proud dad watching him.

Quote:
Aang was so excited to get to a temple.
All of the airbenders being killed is sad to being with but it's really sad watching Aang being all excited to go to the temple not knowing what happened.

Quote:
Commander Zhao has a face I want to punch
As I was watching it hit me....I really think (aside from the firelord) Zhao is my least favorite villain the gaang encounters. Maybe I'll hate someone else more as we keep watching But for now Zhao has the honor. Iroh and Zuko trying to lie to him is funny though.

Quote:
The airbending game seemed interesting! And just another nice added detail to the world building of ATLA.
It does! Love all the details they put in.

Quote:
So many past Avatars The room in the temple was a cool way to introduce the Avatar cycle and how it works.
Yes! And I loved getting our first look at Roku.

Quote:
It’s sweet that both Katara and Sokka wanted to make Aang feel better.
Yes it was really sweet! I loved how protective of him they were.
Old 02-01-2021, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
-Aang and Gyatso had a great relationship! And the temple looks so pretty all thriving in that flashback. And all the cute flying bison.
-Momo is so cute! I can't believe Sokka wanted to eat him.
-Poor Zuko really was all alone while he was banished. And Zhao just pokes the bear and knows exactly what to say to Zuko to hurt him. Good foreshadowing with what happened to his scar.
-The scene where Gyatso died is pretty brutal Poor Aang. But I love Katara being the one
-It seemed like Aang had such a wonderful mentor One who definitely encouraged his studies, but also encouraged him to have fun. Those poor cakes
-I liked when Momo brought Sokka some food to eat. Sort of like "here eat this. not me."
-Such great foreshadowing you're right Great in it's awfulness
-Sooooo heartbreaking. When Sokka realized what Aang found he really tried his best.

Quote:
As I was watching it hit me....I really think (aside from the firelord) Zhao is my least favorite villain the gaang encounters. Maybe I'll hate someone else more as we keep watching But for now Zhao has the honor. Iroh and Zuko trying to lie to him is funny though.

Yes! And I loved getting our first look at Roku.

Yes it was really sweet! I loved how protective of him they were.
-Zhao is trash. He's just a dull bully so I completely understand why you feel that way.

-Yes Roku

-They are family already
Closed Thread   Post New Thread