Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2020, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

1x09 -"Brainwave" Episode Discussion (July 13, 2020)

1x09 - "Brainwave"
Episode Discussion

(Airdate: July 13, 2020)

Tensions rise among the JSA members after Courtney suggests who she wants to recruit next to the team.
Meanwhile, Barbara invites Jordan and his family over for dinner,
and Henry Jr. makes a surprising discovery about his father.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 10:26 AM
Moderator Support Team

tftnt
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 10:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Welcome! I can't wait for this episode! I'll watch tomorrow in the morning since it'll be on the DC Universe App at midnight.
Old 07-12-2020, 10:56 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Tftnt
Old 07-13-2020, 04:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Absolultely loved this episode and the more focus on Brainwave, the more I enjoy the episode because everything about the Brainwave dad and son just intrigues me because of how powerful they are and how their power words.

With Henry Jr. it was great seeing him see the videos of his father recording via VHS tapes his feelings with having this power from first day to last day! Henry Sr. was going to get mugged when he did his first kill and it pretty much advanced from there when he got to read people's thoughts and reading the ugly in their thoughts what made him label most people as vile, digusting and evil which is about right... to read a person thoughts everyday would be complicated...

So, I loved his present time we got to see Henry Jr experience what his father went through, you read the nice thoughts but than the ugly thoughts come of people who would smile but be so fake because their thoughts give them away. It was perfectly done and you can see why Henry Jr. would join up with ISA.... the scenes with Henry/Courtney I enjoyed, she wants to recurity Henry Jr. although Henry Jr. is on the path of sort of continuing where his dad left off.

I liked the team response to Henry Jr possibly joining the team. I already am a fan of Henry however, I can see why everyone has an issue with him possibly joining except for of course Beth who wants to see the good in everyone much like Courtney does but Rick is from the side where people can't change, especially if you do something as terrible as Henry Jr., leaking the nudes. Yolanda is still in so much pain because the person she loved betrayed her in the worst possible way, or that's what she believes happened that way. And than proceeds to have a relationship with Cindy. She had every right to not want to team up with him.

My goodness those Henry/Yolanda scenes were amazing. She didn't lie about how much she hated him and asked him to read her mind to feel her pain and you can see for the first time of the episode that someone got to him... and that is the part where you can see why Henry would go good because of the pain Yolanda is in. Henry is like the person who makes mistakes but that doesn't necessarily means he wants to kill people. Just a fascinating character.

Cindy ... my goodness the way she gets treated from her father, no shock she turns out as evil.

We got to see Beth and Rick teaming up again today! Thanks Pat. I enjoyed the little bit I seen of them trying to discover things.

Icicle! aka Jordan! Love him.
Loved that Courtney put Jordan being Icicle together pretty quickly! Quicker than I expected and I was like YES! and I love that Pat sort of believed her instead of just brushing off how true that might be. I can see why Courtney would than feel weird around Cam cause you just don't know...

I loved Pat no longer wanting to keep Barbara in the dark and even with Courtney was going to lie about failing on a test, he stopped that real quickly so I am happy about that but of course she sort of found out a little bit on her own by that staff being light up when she came downstairs....

The ending! I didn't see that cliffhanger coming! Henry Sr. waking up! After Henry Jr. read the lies of that Doctor and sort of killed (or almost killed?) that guy in the same way his father did when he got his first kill.

That is how you do an cliffhanger!

Old 07-14-2020, 07:15 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

I liked the episode.. not better than the past two tho.

The Brainwave backstory was cool. seeing what led him down this path was interesting in somewhat understandable, still doesn't justify what he's been doing tho. lol

I do like what they're doing with Henry seeing him struggling with trying to figure out these new powers and what's right. and now his dad has awaken this should be good both with their powers.

Was kinda hoping for more confrontation between Yolanda and Henry. I did like the scene we go. I guess we'll get more in future episodes... I'm sure at some point they'll put them back together.

Oh man Cindy is crazy just like her dad.

Good for Courtney figuring out Jordan is Icicle.
and Barbra walking in on Court/Pat

Beth and Rick working together. I like how protective Rick is of the group when it comes to others hurting them.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:09 PM
I am a basketball genius!

I hope that Henry Jr. gets his telepathic ability figured out. Geez. Odd that jis dad woke up just as a man fell to the floor in that room with. It's probably good that wasn't tried sooner to wake Sr. up.

That was an unusual "grace" that was spoken in Norwegian. Wishing the suffering of one's enemies during it. That would have been something if Pat had said afterwards: "You know, I'm fluent in Norwegian and know exactly what you just said."
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 02:50 PM
Moderator Support Team

I would have loved if pat had said that ^

wow I love that Barbara now knows (or sorta knows) what is going on with Courtney and Pat now. no more secrets. although from the looks of the preview she doesnt take the news well.

im glad Pat/Courtney figured out that Jordan is icicle. I hope that Cameron isn't a villain too. cuz I do like him, and I know Courtney does too.

the scenes with cindy and her dad were crazy. he has no problem gassing her and putting her to sleep when she has an outburst in her chamber like that. wow. so where is bobby? Beth said nobody is in the house now. cindy is underground. so what happened to the stepmother ?
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread