Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-17-2013, 04:41 PM
Loyal Fan

"Power" from season 5. The episode where the power goes out, not just in the ER & OR, but also in Chicago. One of my favorites.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:31 AM
Elite Fan

One of the best Season 5 ones. I love the plot with Elizabeth ID'ing the attacker.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:44 AM
Loyal Fan

i'm rewatching season 14 again for the 2nd time

i'm not a huge fan of this season , esp after the end of s13 that was such a tearjerker if you're a roomies fan and then you have the new er chief played by stanley tucci who i might have come to like if i didnt already know what his character does , so yeah i dislike him on principle !even if he's only to blame 50%

have to say season 13 is awesome

ER has to be that rare show that managed to revamped itself and have two sets of casts that are great in their own right

i'm new to the forum i didnt think to look for an ER forum here , i have recently started rewatching ER last year because on french tv they show marathon style of it 3 episodes everyday during week so you go through a season pretty quickly in 2 weeks

fav couple doug and carole / luka and abby/ neela and ray

HAYLIJAH / OLICITY/ OUTLAWQUEEN /KLAROLINE/BAMON /caskett/Olitz /frary/ abby&luka/ Rose&Dimitri / edward&bella/arwen&aragorn/
Old 10-06-2013, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love your couple selection

3 episodes a day, how wonderful, wish it were like that here too
Old 11-03-2013, 03:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I plan to have all the DVDs For now I have the first five seasons + S9.

The last episode I "rewatched" (actually I never saw it, I was a kid, for this show, then) is 2x09 Sometimes I watch two episodes in a row.

When it was on tv in my country ER was a huge success. I waited for the new season every year

Old 11-04-2013, 05:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm currently watching two episodes every day because it's on TNT here. The last episode I saw was the season finale of season 11 - Carter's last day at work.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Last episode I watched was The Human Shield from S12.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just finally brought season 4 so I'll be wwatching that soonf
Old 11-04-2013, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ All the D/C feelings
Old 11-04-2013, 11:26 PM
New Fan

I just finished 1x22 'Love Among the Ruins.' There were so many supporting characters in this episode that just kinda disappeared, or petered out after awhile. Tag, Diane, Diane's son, Dr. Swift, Chloe... I wasn't really wild about any of them, but it was just kind of weird.

And I don't think I can say this enough: The drama in the first few seasons was so believable and relatable. Greene's strained marriage, Susan's troubled sister, Benton's mother, etc. Yes, sometimes those supporting characters could be annoying, but nothing blew up, there were no tanks plowing through the streets, and nobody's arm got chopped off. It was just human, interpersonal drama, and I loved it. I miss shows like that on network TV.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cord2012 (View Post)
And I don't think I can say this enough: The drama in the first few seasons was so believable and relatable. Greene's strained marriage, Susan's troubled sister, Benton's mother, etc. Yes, sometimes those supporting characters could be annoying, but nothing blew up, there were no tanks plowing through the streets, and nobody's arm got chopped off. It was just human, interpersonal drama, and I loved it. I miss shows like that on network TV.

good old school ER!!!
Old 11-06-2013, 09:28 PM
New Fan

Last night I watched 1x20 "House of Cards," and it's weird. I watched, or I thought I watched, all of the first season for the first time this April, but I didn't remember this episode. I remembered a few specific scenes, but the other parts of the episode seemed brand new.

Anyway, early Carter/NW was so great at the non-verbal, purely facial acting. His reactions to a possible patient with TB are just perfect. Haha!

I also got to thinking what would have happened if Dr. Swift (Michael Ironside) would have stayed, and Kerry was never introduced? I have a like/dislike relationship with her character, but I can't say I miss her in the first season.

Susan's sister returning...I don't know. I always felt like there was a lot of backstory missing in that relationship. (Also, I was looking up the actress who played her and found out that she went to junior high with Anthony Edwards. Haha, six degrees of separation).
Old 11-07-2013, 02:30 AM
Total Fan

I've been watching a lot of season 8 recently. Just watched "Beyond Repair". Oh Abby, I love you is much. "Never seen you kiss Frank like that".
Old 11-07-2013, 11:06 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I also got to thinking what would have happened if Dr. Swift (Michael Ironside) would have stayed, and Kerry was never introduced?
That's so hard to picture now. I liked Wild Willy during his Season 1 arc, but I definitely would not have wanted to have missed out on Kerry Weaver!
Old 11-07-2013, 02:26 PM
New Fan

I watched 1x13, "Long Day's Journey," last night. I'm not sure if the writers had kind of planned out much of the first season before hand, but this episode really foreshadows the famous "Love's Labor Lost" five episodes later.

First, Dr. Greene treats a new mother who has overdosed/committed suicide. He is unable to revive her, leaving the young baby mother-less. (Sound familiar?) Then, he treats a pregnant woman who has vomited, and he suspects she has preeclampsia. She wants to be induced so she can have the baby early, but he refuses. (Sound familiar?)

Benton's story is also foreshadowed as he struggles to find a way to care for his ill mother. He is told that she should be placed in a nursing home, but he refuses, and hires Jeanne to take care of her. (And...five episodes later, she falls and breaks her hip because she wasn't being properly watched).

I also think these early eps have a lot more subtlety than later seasons. Some of this may have been due to censorship of certain topics (which I don't necessarily agree with), but sometimes I like reading in between the lines. I would rather do that than be beat over the head with something.

Oh, and I still get a little surprised every time I see Tag's bare butt at the end of this episode. Network tv rarely allows that kinda thing anymore.