Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok I'm typing as I watch

I don't understand that test Mark is taking, does he have to match the colors, the way the arrows are pointing to, what? "Do you say anything else besides yes and no?" "No."

Was Corday the ONLY surgeon in the hospital who could be there??? Doesn't seem very wise to send a pregnant doctor (even if she was only 25 weeks) to such a chaotic scene...

The amputation The guy saying "Good luck", well THANK YOU random guy on the phone

M/E

Suicidal girl You know, I hope it doesn't offend anyone, but...I wanna feel sorry for suicidal people, but I just can't (most of the time). That you hate your own life and you feel like YOU are worth nothing, ok, I get it, and I can feel sorry for THAT. But taking your life, to me, has always been the most selfish, arrogant thing ever. They're not even thinking what they're doing to other people, to the family that they're leaving behind, friends, people who depend on them, people who will live with the constant regret of not being there to stop it, not knowing what they could've done to at least try to help. No, their pain and sorrow is the biggest most important thing in the world. And to think that people were KILLED because this idiot wanted a "painless" death, ugh **** you

Romano

Awwwww Kerry/Kim, I shipped them

Luka and the bishop
Old 11-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Look at all excited about our 150k celebrations

Last edited by Aurora Cormier; 11-10-2011 at 07:49 PM
Old 11-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Elite Fan

So the beginning... ER did a lot of reverse timeline episodes over the years (Four Corners, Blackout, Hindsight), but I think this episode is one of the best. I love how it starts at the end with Luka absolutely worn out (okay, that part is like Hindsight ). But the music when he leaves the ER is beautiful and haunting. It reminds me of Braveheart a little. I love the POV shot of him walking towards the Bishop's room. So trance-like.

"At least that's honest"
"So I should say that?"
"No"
- Benton was so brilliant!!

A hectic ER - just how I like it.

The accident scene is so well done. Now I see where ER was putting those $14 million every week... But yeah, seriously, so much work must have gone into the preparation of this scene. No crew like the ER crew!

Oh, - you know that part at the accident site where Luka is running really really fast? Well for whatever reason, I forgot that the scene was in this episode and it used to drive me crazy every week when I'd see that shot of him running in the opening credits because I could never remember which episode it was from.

Oh man, the start of his flashbacks to his family. I hate what is coming.

I agree with Ju - it is ridiculous that they sent Elizabeth to the accident scene when she was so heavily pregnant. Plus, it must have been a tricky scene to shoot since Alex was pregnant in real life. They must have had to be so careful.

I don't really understand Mark's test either.

Kerry and Abby are running this trauma in a room full of female nurses. All I can hear after that US Magazine article is Sherry/Julianna/Gloria yelling, "Chick trauma!"

It's awesome seeing Benton/Carter working together again on the amputation, even if it is over the phone.

Can I ask - why did everyone always mention Dr. McLucas when inevitably Dr. Coburn was the OB we saw? I know she isn't in this episode, but still. It was always Coburn.

So I forgot this girl attempted suicide and that was what caused the crash... I can't imagine the state of mind of a suicidal person to make them do something like that. Carol going into her bathroom in the pilot and overdosing on pills? That is one thing. But parking your car on a train track and not comprehending that many other people will be injured/killed as a result? That is... well I don't know what that is.

Quite cool how this Luka/Abby shot from the beginning is now shown from their right sides, whereas the camera was on their left sides at the beginning of the episode.

I find this moment with the bishop before the flashback to be so serene. I am not a religious person, but I am fascinated with religion as a general concept. The different customs, the strong beliefs, etc.

And now the flashback. I honestly don't think there is a sadder moment on ER, not when you take yourself out of the show and out of your allegiance to your favourite characters. When you think about a person, A DOCTOR and the fact that they had to sit and watch their ENTIRE family bleed to death while sitting in the middle of a war zone? That is unfathomable and beyond heartbreaking.

The bishop's speech is beautiful and I love how James Cromwell delivers the whole thing. He has such a soothing, but authoritative presence.

The end.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:13 PM
Addicted Fan

I agree with everything you said. Sending Elizabeth on the scene even though she's pregnant - plain stupid.

And oh, it was this episode where Luka had those flahbacks? For some reason I didn't even remember that even though I watched the episode like a month ago... Actually I think it was two months ago, but whatever. But yeah, oh, that was SO sad, definitely one of the saddest things ever in ER. Poor Luka!! Like you said, he watched his whole family die, it doesn't get worse than that. Like the Bishop said, he couldn't sacrifice one over another. He might had been able to save one of them, but just couldn't leave the other. Man...

And what you said about the accident scene - so true. It was amazing!
Old 11-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Oh, - you know that part at the accident site where Luka is running really really fast? Well for whatever reason, I forgot that the scene was in this episode and it used to drive me crazy every week when I'd see that shot of him running in the opening credits because I could never remember which episode it was from
LOL I know, I was "Oh! That's the one!" when I saw it this time

Quote:
it is ridiculous that they sent Elizabeth to the accident scene when she was so heavily pregnant
Right?? So irresponsible

Quote:
I don't really understand Mark's test either.
Glad to know I'm not the only one

Quote:
Can I ask - why did everyone always mention Dr. McLucas when inevitably Dr. Coburn was the OB we saw? I know she isn't in this episode, but still. It was always Coburn
Well, because she's probably not the only OB. Unlike Corday who is obviously the only surgeon.

Quote:
But parking your car on a train track and not comprehending that many other people will be injured/killed as a result? That is... well I don't know what that is.
That's being a jackass

Quote:
I find this moment with the bishop before the flashback to be so serene. I am not a religious person, but I am fascinated with religion as a general concept. The different customs, the strong beliefs, etc.

And now the flashback. I honestly don't think there is a sadder moment on ER, not when you take yourself out of the show and out of your allegiance to your favourite characters. When you think about a person, A DOCTOR and the fact that they had to sit and watch their ENTIRE family bleed to death while sitting in the middle of a war zone? That is unfathomable and beyond heartbreaking.

The bishop's speech is beautiful and I love how James Cromwell delivers the whole thing. He has such a soothing, but authoritative presence.
All of this I love it when he says "Let me take that burden with me", there's something so beautiful about this moment for me, a person that's ready to die and at peace with that inevitability, but still wants to one last good deed for someone before going. My heart

And I agree about the flashback, saddest moment ever, and I loved/admired/respected Luka so much at that moment. Being able to rise from all that and start his WHOLE life over
Old 11-13-2011, 06:32 AM
Elite Fan

Okay, you were right - we seriously cannot do an "Orion in the Sky" discussion thread for 175k because this episode alone was too depressing! In a wonderful way of course, but still.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:44 AM
Addicted Fan

Yeah.

Last edited by Mirde; 11-13-2011 at 11:44 AM
Old 11-13-2011, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh no, no way we could that Stephen
Old 11-13-2011, 11:31 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, we'll just wait until episode 200. MUCH less painful!
Old 11-13-2011, 11:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What is the 200th?
Old 11-13-2011, 12:13 PM
Elite Fan

It's "When Night Meets Day" from near the end of Season 9. The one where it switches from Carter's shift to Greg's shift and I *think* Doc Magoos burns down.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There needs to be fire doesn't it
Old 11-18-2011, 10:54 AM
Elite Fan

LOL! With ER, absolutely.

De-topping this now to free up the 'topped' section, but please keep discussing this episode if you decided to re-watch.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for de-topping Stephen
Old 11-18-2011, 04:19 PM
Elite Fan

I'm glad the topped section is a little less crowded.