Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-24-2008, 08:56 AM
New Fan

Questionnaire on ethnic minorities in "ER"

I'm doing a project on ethnic minorities in US TV Drama in Media Studies right now, and I'm using "ER"

If any of you guys fancy filling out a few answers for me, I'd very much appreciate it.
Don't feel like you need to write too much.
If you could, please state your ethnicity beforehand as well.

Thanks, guys!

(ANY QUESTIONS, PM ME!)

Whilst watching US TV Drama’s, do you immediately analyse the way in which ethnic minorities are portrayed?

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ……………………………

Why do you think that characters of ethnic minority are so under-represented? Do you consider them under-represented?

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ………………………………………………………..

Do you think that the impact of 9/11 has been significant in the portrayal of ethnic minorities in US TV Drama? In what ways?

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ……………………………………………………

Do you think that directors intentionally portray Black/Asian actors in specific ways? How?

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ……………………………

ER

“ER” is one of the most racially diverse TV programmes on air in the US, giving an accurate and unbiased representation of ethnic minorities.

How far do you agree? (Please circle)

Strongly agree/Agree/Neither agree nor disagree/Disagree/Strongly Disagree

Comments
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………........

Comment on the portrayals of characters such as:

Neela

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Dr. Pratt

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Older characters such as Dr. Benton and Dr. Gallant

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................