Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-09-2016, 12:46 AM
Elite Fan

Possible Board Closure Discussion: Please Read and Respond!

Ju and I have been discussing this, and we think that it may be time to close this board. Our post counts have been declining over the past few months and we have very few regular posters. As you know, Fan Forum requires that we average at least 15 posts per day, with lower numbers than that leading to warnings and then possible closure of the board. We would prefer to go out under our own terms rather than be forced to close due to low post counts.

Please let us know what you think. We'd be glad to hear any suggestions or advice to renew interest here. Remember that to keep the board going, we need the commitment of a few regular, dedicated posters. As much as we love this board, please don't just post to "save" the board and then disappear again, because we'll be in the same position that we're in now if you do.

Back in 2010, this board was on the brink of closure, but thankfully we all had the passion and determination to keep it going. If that passion isn't there anymore and we just keep hovering around the Low Post Count Warning List, then we really need to look at what would be the best decision in the long-run.

Thanks.
Old 10-09-2016, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for posting this, Stephen

In case you're wondering why we're posting this, since we've already discussed all our options in the Low Post Count thread: this thread is part of the procedures for voluntarily closing a board. So, even though we've pretty much made our decision already, it still needs to be posted, and you''re still expected to share your thoughts regarding this decision here.
Old 10-09-2016, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for posting this, Stephen

In case you're wondering why we're posting this, since we've already discussed all our options in the Low Post Count thread: this thread is part of the procedures for voluntarily closing a board. So, even though we've pretty much made our decision already, it still needs to be posted, and you''re still expected to share your thoughts regarding this decision here.
Old 10-09-2016, 11:43 AM
Extreme Fan

Completely bums me out but I just don't think there are enough of us anymore to keep the board running

Magical Hair & Perfect Smiles.
Old 10-09-2016, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I'm so sad it has come to this, but we're all at a different place in our lives now...it's just over

We can still have a lot of fun at the Television board, though, without the pressure of having to keep a certain number of posts, and having a lot of threads to manage, etc. Honestly, right now the majority of our posts have been in OT threads, there's no point in having a board for the SHOW if that is not the focus of our conversations anymore.
Old 10-09-2016, 06:32 PM
Extreme Fan

It's so sad.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:38 AM
Ultimate Fan

Yes....

I would love to have more free time to dedicate time to the board, it´s a second home for me and I love when we used to post frecuently but we can see we are busy and I see difficult that we will have time to post as before. I vote for the Television board.

It means every thread will be deleted? The entire board? Or just closed?
Old 10-10-2016, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nothing will be deleted, the board will be archived. No new posts can be made, but you can still read everything
Old 10-10-2016, 01:24 PM
Ultimate Fan

That´s great !
Old 10-10-2016, 02:31 PM
Elite Fan

That's good. Would have hated to lose our content.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Looks like we're all in agreement that it should close, then. I'll let Jerry know. Thanks, guys
Old 10-13-2016, 01:26 PM
Elite Fan

I'm just glad the decision was made by us and not for us.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:46 PM
Extreme Fan

But where will we discuss ER?
Old 10-14-2016, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm sorry that it had to come to this. And sorry I just haven't been posting here more.

However, I understand the decision to sadly have to finally give the board up even if it's a difficult decision now.
Old 10-15-2016, 02:01 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERussia (View Post)
But where will we discuss ER?
We will make a thread on the Television board: Television - Fan Forum