Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-27-2007, 09:27 AM
Supreme Fan

Parminder Nagra/Neela Rasgotra #3: Because she's a *real* Doctor now!

*Fans*
1. neel luvs tony
2. DaveAbbyLuver
3. Emony 2
4. some1
5. neelant
6. emma21
7. katjad
8. sharstarz07
9. Laley Luv
10. DYani
11. SpySyd
12. DreamyVale
12. Star21
13. amberlm2403
14. LukaAbbyLover
15. Dreaming Liz
16. Liz01
17. slicknickshady
18. tigger21
19. anonymous1
20. ~°~Dani~°~
21. _virgo_
22. criss128
23. Hermoine_Granger
24. Erin
25. lyricalpeach
26. Crazy4Ray
27. wildcherry
28. Mooncat
29. neela1
30. rozzy
31. ~Catrina~
32. R3ERDoc
33. angelfirestar*
34. gretalschnitzel
35. GuyanaBelle
36. GalaxyDuster
37. lovebird
38. Leona1986
39. irishgirl2!
40. laley4eva
41. Rossignol
42. pinkprincess
43. bigred08
44. Edith78
45. Cotton Candy
46. CJG18
47. - Tina -

*Reasons*
1. Because she's a **** for authority
2. Because she loves working at County
3. Because she's too cute to resist
4. Because she beat all the bloody wankers at Rock, Paper and Scissors. (12.10, "All About Christmas Eve")
5. Because she knows how to "Bend It Like Beckham"!
6. Because Parminder likes to drink PG tips (tea)
7. Because she slept in Ray's T-shirt (12.18, "Strange Bedfellows")
8. Because Ray can't keep his eyes - or his hands - off her
9. Because she really likes to drink tequila
10. Because we can't imagine ER without her anymore
11. Because Driving In LA Isn't her Strong Suit
12. Because phantom farters crack her up.
13. Because Neela has an ethical alarm system hotwired into her brain which makes her a self-righteous pain in the ass, but it's also one of the best things about her. (Ray, 13.16, "Crisis of Conscience")
14. Because no one told us she was such a badass. (11.5, "Intern's Guide to the Galaxy")
15. Because she's not slow, she's just differently-abled. (11.5, "Intern's Guide to the Galaxy")
16. Because she knows how to start a snowball fight. (11.9, "Twas the Night")
17. Because she covered for Ray and his underage girlfriend. (12.7, "The Human Shield")
18. Because she ditched, too. (12.7, "The Human Shield")
19. Because we know her cookies weren't really the worst cookies in the history of baking. (12.16, "Out On A Limb")
20. Because she definitely enjoyed kissing Shane West more than John Stamos. (Parminder interview, OK Magazine)
21. Because she's a real doctor now!
22. Because Neela rolls with the punches
23. Because Neela'll finally have some fun this season!
24. Because she's the ultimate angst queen
25. Because her middle name means 'Princess' so she was born to rule!
26. Because she rocks, and she knows it!

*Fanvids*
In This Skin (remake) - Made by Neelant

*Links*
(Coming Soon)

*Fanlistings*
Neela Rasgotra Fanlisting
Parminder Nagra Fanlisting
Ray/Neela Fanlisting
Gallant/Neela Fanlisting

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.

Last edited by Tina; 02-11-2010 at 08:23 AM
Old 09-27-2007, 09:31 AM
Loyal Fan

Yay!!!! New Mindi thread!!!
Old 09-27-2007, 09:41 AM
Supreme Fan

Yep. And I expect we'll burn through this one relatively fast, since the first 2 episodes are heavy on Neela stuff, and she's got quite a bit coming up after as well.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:29 AM
Addicted Fan

very true...because she's really Doctor
I like the thread titule!
Old 09-28-2007, 01:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

Another PN interview:

Quote:
‘ER’s ’ Parminder Nagra is ready to play sick
Her character was trampled at an anti-war rally at the end of last season
Access Hollywood
Updated: 5:56 p.m. ET Sept 27, 2007
LOS ANGELES - For four seasons, British actress Parminder Nagra has been captivating “ER” viewers as the complex Dr. Neela Rasgotra.

Last season saw some of the biggest plot twists for Neela. She broke things off with Tony Gates (John Stamos) and realized she had feelings for Ray (Shane West). Before she could tell him, though, Ray was caught up in a major accident in which he lost his legs, and then he ended up leaving town.

In turmoil, Neela journeyed to an anti-war rally in the May 2007 season finale, where she was trampled following a major explosion, just before Tony, who went looking for her, found her in the crowd.

It’s been a thrilling ride for the Neela’s portrayer, Nagra, who came to “ER” straight after the success of British indie-film hit, “Bend It Like Beckham” (a movie which makes a lot more sense in America now that David and Victoria Beckham have decamped to Los Angeles). She’s managed to survive her 20s in Hollywood, with little tabloid fanfare, all while keeping her Britishness intact.

“Access Hollywood” caught up with the charming 31-year-old during a break from filming. She talked about playing a patient, her advice for the latest crop of British beauties hitting American TV screens, and if she’s managed to bump into Becks in L.A. yet.

Access: So “ER’s” season premiere... I’ve seen some of the clips and you’re in a bloody mess!

Nagra: I know. Even I was shocked when I got into makeup and I was lying on that stretcher and I was going, “Neela got really trampled on!” It wasn’t even just a little bit. We had like chest pieces and all kinds of different prosthetics that they had to use on me, so I was pretty shocked as well. It was really kind of something.

Access: Was filming that fun in a getting gross and playing with goo kind of way?

Nagra: I think other people were getting grossed out ’cause I was like eating a burrito on one side and the other side there’s like this chest piece that has basically got my fake insides all over the table. Everyone was like “Ewww!” That part of it was fun. I suppose the not so fun part was lying there for all those hours. It certainly makes you sympathize with people week-in week-out who have to do it.

Access: In several scenes you’re strapped to the gurney. They didn’t ever leave you strapped in as on-set humor, did they?

Nagra: No, thank God! Everyone was really nice to me. I think everybody has been a patient at some point. In terms of storyline as well, it’s just interesting to see how the ER reacts to one of their own going down.

Access: This season, two more British actresses are making their way to U.S. television screens — Anna Friel (“Pushing Daisies”) and Michelle Ryan (“Bionic Woman”). Do you know them and have you given them any advice about coming here?

Nagra: I met Anna. I know her so far as we’ve been out to dinner one or two times. Michelle Ryan I know through a friend of a friend.

I didn’t give them any advice, but I just think it’s so funny that a handful of the shows have got lead English actors playing American characters. I think it’s fantastic. It’s almost like you don’t miss being at home because those same faces are all over here.

Access: Michelle was on “EastEnders” in the U.K. for quite a long time.

Nagra: She was massive, but I was just saying this the other day, even when she was in “EastEnders,” she just really stood out, so it’s just not surprising that she’s doing this and it looks great. Actually, “Bionic Woman” looks like something I would want to watch.

Access: Do you have any advice for her?

Nagra: I think the difficulty is just being in L.A., and being here when you haven’t got your friends and family around. I think the most important bit of advice is try and ring home at least every day.

Access: That means getting up pretty early.

Nagra: It’s not so bad. I’m sure she gets up early for “Bionic Woman.” But just to say “Hi” or anything. Something like that keeps you sane. I think it can get lonely when you don’t know too many people here. I certainly felt that. I told myself that the first few months of being out here I was going to feel disorientated, and I was just going to feel all those things that you feel when you go somewhere new, and I was just going to allow myself to feel them instead of questioning why I was in a state. I was just so thankful that everybody here was so nice. It made it so much easier.

Access: So lastly, have you run into the Beckhams at all since their L.A. move?

Nagra: No, I haven’t run into them, I don’t know maybe one day soon.

Access: Seeing as you helped open the door for them with the movie “Bend It Like Beckham.”

Nagra: I don’t think they needed any of my ... they’re so huge back home.

Access: You’ve met them correct?

Nagra: I met them that one time when we were doing the screening of “Bend It...” just so I suppose David could see exactly what he was putting his name to, but they were lovely then. It’s funny. I think it was inevitable they were gonna come out and kind of hit and it’s kind of nice that he’s doing it with the football.

URL: ‘ER’s ’ Parminder Nagra is ready to play sick - Access Hollywood - MSNBC.com
Old 09-28-2007, 02:00 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for bringing that over. A burrito. Heh. She's hilarious.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:26 PM
Extreme Fan

thanks for putting up that mindi interview!
Old 09-30-2007, 07:37 AM
Loyal Fan

I thought of some new reasons:

Because Neela rolls with the punches
Because Neela'll finally have some fun this season!
Because she's the ultimate angst queen
Old 09-30-2007, 11:41 AM
Supreme Fan

Added them.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

I have an extremely random question.
Have we ever seen Neela wear jewelry? She's wearing earings in "I Don't," and obviously her wedding ring, but is that it?
(It's for a fic I'm writing...)

Thanks!

i made my own avi! which is why it's not so great...
Old 09-30-2007, 08:58 PM
Supreme Fan

She sometimes wears a blue-ish pendant around her neck. I remember, cause I always thought it interesting, what with her name meaning "blue". I looked through my S12 caps, but she doesn't wear it there. I think I remember seeing it in S11, but I don't have my caps handy. In any event, the only thing I remember her wearing in S13 was the necklace with her wedding ring on it, and possibly something at Abby's wedding, so you can make it up.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.

Last edited by DaveAbbyLuver; 10-01-2007 at 04:29 PM
Old 10-01-2007, 02:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

thanks!

ETA: I don't mean to split hairs, but when does she wear the necklace with the ring?

i made my own avi! which is why it's not so great...

Last edited by bigred08; 10-01-2007 at 05:36 PM Reason: adding a question
Old 10-05-2007, 02:16 PM
Loyal Fan

I completely forgot but isn't today Mindi's birthday?? If it is let me be the first to say: Happy Birthday!!!! I hope Shane gives her a call from Bulgaria. Can you imagine that call?

Shane: Hey Mindi let's give the fans what they want and get this roomie thing done once and for all huh!!!
Mindi: We bloody well better!!!
Old 10-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Supreme Fan

It'd be more like, 'You have to come back. Do you know what kind of stuff they're giving me? I get to have Crenshaw tease me about making a poo. Seriously, just ugh.'

But yes, today is her birthday. She's 32 and doesn't look it at all. And oi, jealous over here. Cause I'll be 32 in January, and I don't look my age (everyone thinks I'm in my mid-20's), but I don't look that gorgeous, either. *sigh*

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:22 PM
Addicted Fan

Happy Birthday to Mindi